Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

A bloody fool or just an idiot

A bloody fool or just an idiot

Old Sep 8th 2008, 4:22 am
Just Joined

TOONLAD has a brilliant futureTOONLAD has a brilliant futureTOONLAD has a brilliant futureTOONLAD has a brilliant futureTOONLAD has a brilliant futureTOONLAD has a brilliant futureTOONLAD has a brilliant futureTOONLAD has a brilliant future
Default A bloody fool or just an idiot

Have just added to poor Tony's grey hairs, I can say with absolute pride that I have given him each and every one (bald patch it hereditary, not my fault)

Anyway I have taken the decision to jump in with both feet and probably no life jacket.

A local Restaurant/Pub is up for lease (no I'm not advertising - will refrain from saying location or name) and I have decided to take in on, no experience but an ability to work hard and learn fast.

Will run it with James, he can do the bar and I will do the coffee shop and evening pub restaurant - he's well up for it, a dream come true for him, he's wanted nothing more since he was 17.

Meeting again with the owners on Wednesday and am hoping no-one has already taken him up on it (he's away until Wednesday).

So am I a bloody fool or just an idiot.

Last edited by TOONLAD; Sep 8th 2008 at 4:25 am. Reason: Just realised toonlad had not logged out, should be Howden40, but ignorant and don't know how to delete
Old Sep 8th 2008, 4:28 am
lionheart

howden40 is a name known to allhowden40 is a name known to allhowden40 is a name known to allhowden40 is a name known to allhowden40 is a name known to allhowden40 is a name known to allhowden40 is a name known to allhowden40 is a name known to allhowden40 is a name known to allhowden40 is a name known to allhowden40 is a name known to all
Default Re: A bloody fool or just an idiot

So am I a bloody fool or just an idiot.[/QUOTE]

I would say your a bloody idiot and a bloody fool if you can't even get your own name right.
Old Sep 8th 2008, 12:09 pm
BE Enthusiast

teebrown has a reputation beyond reputeteebrown has a reputation beyond reputeteebrown has a reputation beyond reputeteebrown has a reputation beyond reputeteebrown has a reputation beyond reputeteebrown has a reputation beyond reputeteebrown has a reputation beyond reputeteebrown has a reputation beyond reputeteebrown has a reputation beyond reputeteebrown has a reputation beyond reputeteebrown has a reputation beyond repute

Wow sounds exciting, I come from a long line of self employed people, it's hard work, with no holidays, but my family came out of the Hotel business with a pretty penny.

So good luck and fingers crossed for you and to answer your questions are you a fool or an idiot, my late father would say both, but I am sure he would do it all over again!
Old Sep 8th 2008, 10:03 pm

Am Loolah is an unknown quantity at this point

How exciting!!

Having had a pub back in the UK my Hubby says never again. The hours were too long for it to fit in with the family - but your kids are grown up so should be ace!!

Let us know how you get on a best of luck!
Old Sep 8th 2008, 11:08 pm
lionheart

howden40 is a name known to allhowden40 is a name known to allhowden40 is a name known to allhowden40 is a name known to allhowden40 is a name known to allhowden40 is a name known to allhowden40 is a name known to allhowden40 is a name known to allhowden40 is a name known to allhowden40 is a name known to allhowden40 is a name known to all

Need to change my name to bloody fool.

Eyes wide open, know if i'm lucky will only be working 12 hours 7 days a week until established and able to employ staff to take a load off.

Will know more tomorrow, but the more I think about it with an open mind the more achievable I think it is, hard but workable.

I know James will put in as many hours if not more than me, I at least expect to have Monday morning, Wednesday afternoon (well 2 hrs) and Friday morning off so it doesn't interfere with my voluntary work.

Pauline
Old Sep 9th 2008, 2:12 am
BE Enthusiast

shirl has a reputation beyond reputeshirl has a reputation beyond reputeshirl has a reputation beyond reputeshirl has a reputation beyond reputeshirl has a reputation beyond reputeshirl has a reputation beyond reputeshirl has a reputation beyond reputeshirl has a reputation beyond reputeshirl has a reputation beyond reputeshirl has a reputation beyond reputeshirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by howden40

Eyes wide open, know if i'm lucky will only be working 12 hours 7 days a week until established and able to employ staff to take a load off.

Will know more tomorrow, but the more I think about it with an open mind the more achievable I think it is, hard but workable.

I know James will put in as many hours if not more than me, I at least expect to have Monday morning, Wednesday afternoon (well 2 hrs) and Friday morning off so it doesn't interfere with my voluntary work.

Pauline
Good luck with your new venture. At least this way, your son will have a proper job and be able to meet lots of people. Hope all goes well with your plans.
Old Sep 9th 2008, 3:50 am
Forum Regular

Elsie03 is just really niceElsie03 is just really niceElsie03 is just really niceElsie03 is just really niceElsie03 is just really niceElsie03 is just really niceElsie03 is just really niceElsie03 is just really niceElsie03 is just really niceElsie03 is just really nice

Pauline
Blimey!!

You might be looking at working more than 12 hours a day...so Good Luck, I think you'll need it!
Old Sep 9th 2008, 4:04 am

Am Loolah is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Elsie03
Blimey!!

You might be looking at working more than 12 hours a day...so Good Luck, I think you'll need it!
There'll be too little time to quaff Bolly on the beach come the summer!!
Old Sep 9th 2008, 4:12 am
BE Enthusiast

shirl has a reputation beyond reputeshirl has a reputation beyond reputeshirl has a reputation beyond reputeshirl has a reputation beyond reputeshirl has a reputation beyond reputeshirl has a reputation beyond reputeshirl has a reputation beyond reputeshirl has a reputation beyond reputeshirl has a reputation beyond reputeshirl has a reputation beyond reputeshirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by TOONLAD
Have just added to poor Tony's grey hairs, I can say with absolute pride that I have given him each and every one (bald patch it hereditary, not my fault)

Anyway I have taken the decision to jump in with both feet and probably no life jacket.

A local Restaurant/Pub is up for lease (no I'm not advertising - will refrain from saying location or name) and I have decided to take in on, no experience but an ability to work hard and learn fast.

Will run it with James, he can do the bar and I will do the coffee shop and evening pub restaurant - he's well up for it, a dream come true for him, he's wanted nothing more since he was 17.

Meeting again with the owners on Wednesday and am hoping no-one has already taken him up on it (he's away until Wednesday).

So am I a bloody fool or just an idiot.
So Pauline will you be changing the pubs name to The Sheep Dip LOL!!!!!
Old Sep 9th 2008, 5:06 am
lionheart

Originally Posted by shirl
So Pauline will you be changing the pubs name to The Sheep Dip LOL!!!!!
Not a bad idea
Old Sep 9th 2008, 5:07 am
lionheart

Originally Posted by Am Loolah
There'll be too little time to quaff Bolly on the beach come the summer!!
Damn, better pull out now. Told you bloody fool
Old Sep 12th 2008, 11:26 am
By name and by nature

Batty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond repute

Aw good luck!!!!!!! Fool/idiot - what's the difference? I hope you enjoy it. I've worked in every single area of a hotel and it's hard work but immense fun. Let us know the name when you've got it
Old Sep 13th 2008, 10:56 pm
lionheart

Just have 2 areas to sort out, then it's go go go. My feet won't touch the ground. Spoken to loads of locals, all say the same thing, it used to be a really good coffee shop and pub.

Been in touch with a lad we know Andy who makes 'spits', I'll get one in quite quickly and the smell of roasting pork and chicken should draw the nostrels.

Pauline
Old Sep 13th 2008, 11:00 pm
By name and by nature

Batty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond repute

Just have 2 areas to sort out, then it's go go go. My feet won't touch the ground. Spoken to loads of locals, all say the same thing, it used to be a really good coffee shop and pub.

Been in touch with a lad we know Andy who makes 'spits', I'll get one in quite quickly and the smell of roasting pork and chicken should draw the nostrels.

Pauline
Just reading it is enough to 'draw the nostrels' Will you be set up for the start of the 'season'?
Old Sep 13th 2008, 11:18 pm
lionheart

Yes, but may be missing a few items. Andy will hire us one cheaply if it's not ready and a spit is something we can easily use at home.

Pauline

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.