Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

A bloody fool or just an idiot

A bloody fool or just an idiot

Old Sep 14th 2008, 7:29 am
BE Forum Addict

Margaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: A bloody fool or just an idiot

You have got to tell us where it is and what its called and then we can visit.

June
Old Sep 14th 2008, 9:16 am
lionheart

howden40 is a name known to allhowden40 is a name known to allhowden40 is a name known to allhowden40 is a name known to allhowden40 is a name known to allhowden40 is a name known to allhowden40 is a name known to allhowden40 is a name known to allhowden40 is a name known to allhowden40 is a name known to allhowden40 is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Margaret Parkinson

June
Would love to BUT BIG AUNTIE IS WATCHING

Will probably advertise on this site, you can let Doug know we will probably start a quiz nite which is not KIWI orientated but multicultural to give everyone a good chance of winning and it is in his neck of the woods (well not far away)

Pauline
Old Nov 12th 2008, 10:27 am
lionheart

howden40 is a name known to allhowden40 is a name known to allhowden40 is a name known to allhowden40 is a name known to allhowden40 is a name known to allhowden40 is a name known to allhowden40 is a name known to allhowden40 is a name known to allhowden40 is a name known to allhowden40 is a name known to allhowden40 is a name known to all

Well have taken the plunge and do not regret it. Absolutely bloody knackered, at Bar by 0700 and not leaving until Midnight this coupled with a week of going to Auckland one afternoon and returning the next has left me rather lacking in beauty sleep, but I shall get over it.

Have hired a marvelous young chef. He makes love to his food (figerativey not literally), what that lad does with a bread bun, slice of corned beef and lettuce is absolutely bloody amazing.
Old Nov 12th 2008, 10:32 am
lionheart

Originally Posted by Margaret Parkinson

June
Doug knows where I am.

He nearly made my poor James cry on Sunday. Put in a big order including black pudding and when we opened the box - no black pudding (it's hard for a mum to see a fully grown lad's eyes brimming with tears), anyway James has used this as an excuse to have rather a large quantity of black pudding.

Pauline
Old Nov 12th 2008, 11:22 am
BE Forum Addict

Margaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by howden40
Doug knows where I am.

He nearly made my poor James cry on Sunday. Put in a big order including black pudding and when we opened the box - no black pudding (it's hard for a mum to see a fully grown lad's eyes brimming with tears), anyway James has used this as an excuse to have rather a large quantity of black pudding.

Pauline
Sorry Pauline but they swanned off to Australia on Sunday for a short holiday probably did not have time to make them. Tell him off when you see him letting customers down is not on. After all my hard work as well.
Old Mar 14th 2009, 6:49 am
lionheart

Thought I'd give a bit of an update.

Well I don't regret my choice, we have met every single bill to date and have not needed bank loans (but being a believer in Sod's Law, after posting this the place will crash and burn).

We have some really good regulars and as we attract the older age group - over 25's to near retirement we have no trouble.

I actually enjoy coming to work, I get tired, boy do I get tired, but life is good.

We have a sit down meal for 50 booked in and a few birthdays and anniversaries over the next 2 months, had a 21st yesterday. Yep have t say I feel I made the right move.

Just stamped my own personality on the inside with a makeover in the dining and lounge area and it's met with approval from all who visit.

Paulline
Old Mar 14th 2009, 10:10 am
By name and by nature

Batty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond repute

Good on you. I'm delighted to hear it's going well for you
Old Mar 14th 2009, 10:38 am

Am Loolah is an unknown quantity at this point

Just stamped my own personality on the inside with a makeover in the dining and lounge area and it's met with approval from all who visit.

Paulline
And it looks fabulous - really lovely! Keep up the good/hard work ...

I did offer my services in James' absence as the hostess with the mostest - still awaiting your call ...
Old Mar 14th 2009, 10:50 pm
lionheart

Originally Posted by Am Loolah
And it looks fabulous - really lovely! Keep up the good/hard work ...

I did offer my services in James' absence as the hostess with the mostest - still awaiting your call ...

Could do with a hand next Sunday for the 50th, do you think I would need to count the bottle of bolly before and after
Old Mar 15th 2009, 10:44 am
BE Forum Addict

Damson has a reputation beyond reputeDamson has a reputation beyond reputeDamson has a reputation beyond reputeDamson has a reputation beyond reputeDamson has a reputation beyond reputeDamson has a reputation beyond reputeDamson has a reputation beyond reputeDamson has a reputation beyond reputeDamson has a reputation beyond reputeDamson has a reputation beyond reputeDamson has a reputation beyond repute

Need to change my name to bloody fool.

Eyes wide open, know if i'm lucky will only be working 12 hours 7 days a week until established and able to employ staff to take a load off.

Will know more tomorrow, but the more I think about it with an open mind the more achievable I think it is, hard but workable.

I know James will put in as many hours if not more than me, I at least expect to have Monday morning, Wednesday afternoon (well 2 hrs) and Friday morning off so it doesn't interfere with my voluntary work.

Pauline
Good luck with your venture, if you go down that path. The only thing I would flag up though is working so many hours but still not being able to afford to take anyone on. I've been there with my last business and it was an absolute nightmare. I really hope it works out for you, but do have a big contingency
Old Mar 15th 2009, 10:55 pm
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

This is sounding all good .

Bung up a few pics ,then ,for us wot can't get there

and don't forget to stick a link in your signature.
Old Mar 17th 2009, 12:08 am
Who loves you, baby?

sparkie down under has a reputation beyond reputesparkie down under has a reputation beyond reputesparkie down under has a reputation beyond reputesparkie down under has a reputation beyond reputesparkie down under has a reputation beyond reputesparkie down under has a reputation beyond reputesparkie down under has a reputation beyond reputesparkie down under has a reputation beyond reputesparkie down under has a reputation beyond reputesparkie down under has a reputation beyond reputesparkie down under has a reputation beyond repute

Done that - been there - and if you want our place, pub/restaurant is up for sale - and what's more we'll even help you get started.

NZ is the land of opportunity - take as many as you can - we do
Old Mar 17th 2009, 11:55 pm

Am Loolah is an unknown quantity at this point

Could do with a hand next Sunday for the 50th, do you think I would need to count the bottle of bolly before and after
A PM'ing you!