Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

The bloody ball and stick game - Cricket 2017/18

The bloody ball and stick game - Cricket 2017/18

Old Mar 7th 2018, 8:30 pm
BE Forum Addict

Gordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The bloody ball and stick game - Cricket 2017/18

Surely it was a bit dodgy sending Nicholls in instead of Santner, to see NZ through at the end. Is it reasonable to doubt Williamson's captaincy, on the basis of that?
Old Mar 8th 2018, 5:12 am
Truth is the safest lie.

Charismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by chocolate cake
These games have been much more exciting than 20/20 stuff.
T20 is a bit of fun but it shares more in common with baseball than cricket.

Be interesting to see if the day/night tests are popular.
Originally Posted by Gordon Barlow
Surely it was a bit dodgy sending Nicholls in instead of Santner, to see NZ through at the end. Is it reasonable to doubt Williamson's captaincy, on the basis of that?
"A bit dodgy" could describe any number of New Zealand batsmen on any given day.
Old Mar 9th 2018, 5:56 am
BE Enthusiast

Clappy has a reputation beyond reputeClappy has a reputation beyond reputeClappy has a reputation beyond reputeClappy has a reputation beyond reputeClappy has a reputation beyond reputeClappy has a reputation beyond reputeClappy has a reputation beyond reputeClappy has a reputation beyond reputeClappy has a reputation beyond reputeClappy has a reputation beyond reputeClappy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by chocolate cake
These games have been much more exciting than 20/20 stuff.
I traveled around a bit to go to several of the T20 matches and rather less for the ODI matches - that looks like a bad choice now.

I did want to go to the first England match which was in Wellington so I am glad I did that.

There will be at least one person in the crowd at the Eden Park Test match - that will be me.
Old Mar 24th 2018, 10:12 pm
Truth is the safest lie.

Charismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Charismatic
...or similar Spanish business...
Again I reiterate cheats should not be playing .
Old Mar 25th 2018, 5:58 am
BE Enthusiast

Mishclark has a reputation beyond reputeMishclark has a reputation beyond reputeMishclark has a reputation beyond reputeMishclark has a reputation beyond reputeMishclark has a reputation beyond reputeMishclark has a reputation beyond reputeMishclark has a reputation beyond reputeMishclark has a reputation beyond reputeMishclark has a reputation beyond reputeMishclark has a reputation beyond reputeMishclark has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Charismatic
Again I reiterate cheats should not be playing .
I agree, I am now renouncing the Australian team from my support!
Old Mar 31st 2018, 4:18 am
BE Forum Addict

Justcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The bloody ball and stick game Cricket 2017/18

Originally Posted by rascasycle
Simple rules :

Answer the question and ask another one

Is there such things as a perfect girl ?
Whats that got to do with cricket ??
Old Apr 3rd 2018, 8:06 am
Truth is the safest lie.

Smile Re: The bloody ball and stick game Cricket 2017/18

Blackcaps top order has looked so unsteady this summer I'm tempted to say they don't have tail enders, they have all-rounders . None the less a great summer of cricket, won a few and lost a few...but it was a fair reflection of the teams abilities.

- In October/November New Zealand tour Pakistan. Actually playing in Pakistan and not just the UAE from what I hear. I wonder how the ICC view Kevlar body armour?
- India visit New Zealand in Jan/Feb '19.
- Bangladesh in Feb/March '19
Old Apr 4th 2018, 11:21 am
BE Enthusiast

chocolate cake has a reputation beyond reputechocolate cake has a reputation beyond reputechocolate cake has a reputation beyond reputechocolate cake has a reputation beyond reputechocolate cake has a reputation beyond reputechocolate cake has a reputation beyond reputechocolate cake has a reputation beyond reputechocolate cake has a reputation beyond reputechocolate cake has a reputation beyond reputechocolate cake has a reputation beyond reputechocolate cake has a reputation beyond repute

Yeah, deserved draw from NZ in the second test, and series win.

England were gifted a chance to save the first test with two days of rain, but weren't able to show the same application in batting out the final day, as all too often over the last year.
13 away games without a win says it all, and not two many players sure of a spot when the home series start with Pakistan. Not sure Root's suited to the captaincy, and he's obviously needs to start converting all the 50's he's been making. That said are there many candidates, and even a great captain would struggle with this current England team, pretty much back to the early 90's.

NZ looking good, though similarly need to perform away if they are to trouble the top rankings India and South Africa.

Lovely defeat for the Aussies in the 4th and final test in SA, 492 run defeat. Struggling without the sandpaper it seems! though missing their two top batsmen can't help of course. Some pretty severe bans for Smith, Bancroft and Warner.