Bloody Argos

Old Jan 18th 2007, 5:47 pm
Account Closed

mazi is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Bloody Argos

Seriously, SirEg, why are you buying new stuff to take to NZ?
Old Jan 18th 2007, 5:51 pm
Forum Regular

davec987 will become famous soon enoughdavec987 will become famous soon enough

Think it's the sleeping one as it's : zzz :

But yeah, new ones are pretty rubbish!
Old Jan 18th 2007, 6:08 pm
Too close to the sun

SirEglamore has much to be proud ofSirEglamore has much to be proud ofSirEglamore has much to be proud ofSirEglamore has much to be proud ofSirEglamore has much to be proud ofSirEglamore has much to be proud ofSirEglamore has much to be proud ofSirEglamore has much to be proud ofSirEglamore has much to be proud ofSirEglamore has much to be proud ofSirEglamore has much to be proud of

We've now gone to Ikea and local shops and got the stuff we wanted, so argos can stuff it and we can get things sorted so they go into the container as used, not new goods
Old Jan 18th 2007, 6:10 pm
Forum Regular

davec987 will become famous soon enoughdavec987 will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by SirEglamore
We've now gone to Ikea and local shops and got the stuff we wanted, so argos can stuff it and we can get things sorted so they go into the container as used, not new goods
Result then!
Old Jan 18th 2007, 6:10 pm
Too close to the sun

SirEglamore has much to be proud ofSirEglamore has much to be proud ofSirEglamore has much to be proud ofSirEglamore has much to be proud ofSirEglamore has much to be proud ofSirEglamore has much to be proud ofSirEglamore has much to be proud ofSirEglamore has much to be proud ofSirEglamore has much to be proud ofSirEglamore has much to be proud ofSirEglamore has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by mazi
Seriously, SirEg, why are you buying new stuff to take to NZ?
Did some looking at furniture etc when we did our recce and thought it cost a bit more than UK, also people on here said its worth doing. we have the space in the container so gonna fill it
Old Jan 18th 2007, 6:22 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by SirEglamore
Did some looking at furniture etc when we did our recce and thought it cost a bit more than UK, also people on here said its worth doing. we have the space in the container so gonna fill it
Fair enough. Ikea much better than Argos anyway. And not in NZ so your furniture will be unique!
Old Jan 18th 2007, 9:45 pm
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

Way to go Sir Eg. I so wish we had done just that.

Unpack the stuff so it doesn't all look like brand new.

Having said that we shipped over a bed and a couple of stick of furniture which were still in their packing . THere was no problem.
Old Jan 18th 2007, 9:53 pm
A land far far away

pixi-dust has a reputation beyond reputepixi-dust has a reputation beyond reputepixi-dust has a reputation beyond reputepixi-dust has a reputation beyond reputepixi-dust has a reputation beyond reputepixi-dust has a reputation beyond reputepixi-dust has a reputation beyond reputepixi-dust has a reputation beyond reputepixi-dust has a reputation beyond reputepixi-dust has a reputation beyond reputepixi-dust has a reputation beyond repute

well done you!! Fill 'er up I say! ( we overfilled somewhat! )

We didnt have any problems with some new stuff either - the unpackers were so chuffed that we said bung pretty much everything in the woolshed that they made up an ikea table for us - result!

Good luck.
Old Jan 18th 2007, 10:40 pm

Nerine is an unknown quantity at this point

oh yes, I believe that is a particular speciality of theirs.
Old Jan 18th 2007, 11:45 pm
Forum Regular

Alex is just really niceAlex is just really niceAlex is just really niceAlex is just really niceAlex is just really niceAlex is just really niceAlex is just really niceAlex is just really niceAlex is just really niceAlex is just really niceAlex is just really nice

Fair enough. Ikea much better than Argos anyway. And not in NZ so your furniture will be unique!
We moved here, and brought a lot of ikea furniture and to be honest the kiwis love it, they are always admiring the "modern stuff" and harp on about how they wish there was an ikea in N.Z. I have a friend who sold her table and chairs which she had bought from D.F.S in the U.K and made a considerable profit!! I say bring as much as you can cram into the container!
Old Jan 19th 2007, 1:38 am
By name and by nature

Batty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond repute

Pray tell, why did you buy new stuff to take to NZ? They have the Warehouse in NZ. I don't think Customs will allow Argos stuff in.
You were in stitches when you were writing that weren't you? I've told someone on here that UK TVs work in NZ when they're facing west (without any smilies) and it fell like a stone on the water That sort of humour is very common in my family. or should it be
Old Jan 19th 2007, 4:30 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Batty
You were in stitches when you were writing that weren't you? I've told someone on here that UK TVs work in NZ when they're facing west (without any smilies) and it fell like a stone on the water That sort of humour is very common in my family. or should it be