Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

BLOOD PRESSURE & MEDICALS....

BLOOD PRESSURE & MEDICALS....

Old Aug 22nd 2008, 12:02 pm
Forum Regular

squiddley is a glorious beacon of lightsquiddley is a glorious beacon of lightsquiddley is a glorious beacon of lightsquiddley is a glorious beacon of lightsquiddley is a glorious beacon of lightsquiddley is a glorious beacon of lightsquiddley is a glorious beacon of lightsquiddley is a glorious beacon of lightsquiddley is a glorious beacon of lightsquiddley is a glorious beacon of lightsquiddley is a glorious beacon of light
Question BLOOD PRESSURE & MEDICALS....

My question is...
Got medicals booked for immigration...
Just been to my local GP,anyway while i was their i had my blood pressure checked.... and it was higher than it should have been,,i explained my situation and what we were doing.He wants to give me some tablets...mmmmm (their is some family history).

If i accept these tablets ,will it affect my medical for immigration??
I mean NZIS saying sorry we cannot accept you???
Im a little concerned at the moment..
Thanks................
Old Aug 22nd 2008, 12:04 pm

love30stm is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: BLOOD PRESSURE & MEDICALS....

Originally Posted by squiddley
My question is...
Just been to my local GP,anyway while i was their i had my blood pressure checked.... and it was higher than it should have been,,i explained my situation and what we were doing.He wants to give me some tablets...mmmmm (their is some family history).

Thanks................
Oh really??? sorry to hear that how high was your reading btw
Old Aug 22nd 2008, 12:11 pm
Forum Regular

squiddley is a glorious beacon of lightsquiddley is a glorious beacon of lightsquiddley is a glorious beacon of lightsquiddley is a glorious beacon of lightsquiddley is a glorious beacon of lightsquiddley is a glorious beacon of lightsquiddley is a glorious beacon of lightsquiddley is a glorious beacon of lightsquiddley is a glorious beacon of lightsquiddley is a glorious beacon of lightsquiddley is a glorious beacon of light

it was 89 over 145...
Back at the Docs next week...
Old Aug 22nd 2008, 12:56 pm

it was 89 over 145...
maybe its nerves....hope everything is ok for you try to relax and concentrate ......
Old Aug 22nd 2008, 1:11 pm
BE Forum Addict

weejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond repute

it was 89 over 145...
Are you sure it wasn't 145/89? This sounds ok to me in the circumstances. If it was 85/149 then you should be on anti-hypertensive meds. Why not try here to find out info re medical/health requirements. These are in section A4

http://www.immigration.govt.nz/nzis/...nual/index.htm

Phyllis
Old Aug 22nd 2008, 3:35 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by weejie
Are you sure it wasn't 145/89? This sounds ok to me in the circumstances. If it was 85/149 then you should be on anti-hypertensive meds. Why not try here to find out info re medical/health requirements. These are in section A4

Phyllis
Thanks for the info Phyllis...
Tried the link,but it doesn't seem to work...
Anyway i bought a blood pressure monitor,so i will keep a check on it and see how it goes....Down hopefully
Old Aug 22nd 2008, 4:57 pm
Just Joined

Mama40 has a brilliant futureMama40 has a brilliant futureMama40 has a brilliant futureMama40 has a brilliant futureMama40 has a brilliant futureMama40 has a brilliant futureMama40 has a brilliant future

please don't take an automatic BP machine for gospel - 9 times out of 10 they read higher than your actual BP. did your GP take a manual reading?
Old Aug 22nd 2008, 5:06 pm
Forum Regular

It was taken twice...I dont like going to the docs as it is ,so may be i have white coat syndrome.....As the nurse said,anyway it has got me worried,as the medicals for immigration are booked,jobs are waiting,and it just seems at the moment ,if its not one thing it's another...

I dont want tablets if it is going to have an effect on my medical outcome...
So trying to stay calm...........
Old Aug 22nd 2008, 9:50 pm

Originally Posted by weejie

Phyllis
I knew he meant 145/89?
Old Aug 22nd 2008, 9:54 pm

It was taken twice...I dont like going to the docs as it is ,so may be i have white coat syndrome.....As the nurse said,anyway it has got me worried,as the medicals for immigration are booked,jobs are waiting,and it just seems at the moment ,if its not one thing it's another...

I dont want tablets if it is going to have an effect on my medical outcome...
So trying to stay calm...........
The Doctor should not give you tablets just lke that usually a doctor would monitor your blood pressure with a at home Bp monitor for a week to see if its ok, thats what happened to a friend of mine she monitored her BP for a week throughout the day then handed the results into the doctor. then he signed a letter to say she suffered from white coat syndrome...and she had no problem , her Bp was fine at home. she had another BP taken then it was fine for emigration, try to relax
Old Aug 24th 2008, 1:06 am
BE Enthusiast

Frenchy has much to be proud ofFrenchy has much to be proud ofFrenchy has much to be proud ofFrenchy has much to be proud ofFrenchy has much to be proud ofFrenchy has much to be proud ofFrenchy has much to be proud ofFrenchy has much to be proud ofFrenchy has much to be proud ofFrenchy has much to be proud ofFrenchy has much to be proud of
Smile Re: BLOOD PRESSURE & MEDICALS....

Usually you will need 3 consecutive readings which are elevated to start treatment. As far as immigration are concerned it is better to have controlled bp on medication than uncontrolled not on anything if you see what I mean.

Next time its taken put your shoulders down, sit back in the chair and relax!!!

With all that you have been doing in the last few months it may be a touch of 'white coat syndrome' It WONT BE A PROBLEM!!!

Good luck Sid..... chill!!!
Old Sep 1st 2008, 6:03 am
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

My question is...

Thanks................
Not on your nelly. Do not just take BP tablets. Have your BP monitored first as others have suggested. Then and if it is still high , take the blumming tablets.

Can't you do summink with the wifey to help you relax first ? Not that I do owt to help my husbandit relax...ever. It's my mission in life to make sure he stays - on - his - toes - for - life.
Old Sep 1st 2008, 6:33 am
Arrived CHC 23 May 2006

Stevemw is an unknown quantity at this point

it was 89 over 145...

Assuming you mean 145 over 89 then I think you won't have a problem. I'm pretty sure mine was at least that at my immigration medical. The doctor commented on it and suggested I keep an eye on it, but it wasn't a problem for getting PR.
Cheers,
Steve
Old Sep 1st 2008, 7:34 am
P2L
BE Forum Addict

P2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond repute

it was 89 over 145...

How's things now Sid?
Old Sep 1st 2008, 8:51 am
Forum Regular

Hi ...
Back at the docs on wednesday for BP check...
Ok i think...Bought a home BP monitor.
Waste of money i think........
Put the medical back a couple of weeks..

Got everything just about sorted,birth certificate,phew ,managed to get that sorted,bit of a pain to do,just waiting for a reference from my ex employer,which they seem to be dragging their feet about ,got police Certs done..

Oh ..and got another removal quote coming today,house is like a bomb site emptying the loft out How much c**p.And we've got to fit everything into a 20ft container Could do with a Tardis...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.