Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Blimey! This EOI is a major task in itself ...

Blimey! This EOI is a major task in itself ...

Old Mar 15th 2007, 10:50 am
BE Forum Addict

UKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond repute
Default Blimey! This EOI is a major task in itself ...

I started filling in our EOI in October! Waiting for house sale and job interviews has put it off - but thanks to the lovely Georgina - she found out for me that Carl's qualification IS enough !!!!! Slap me stupid for being so fick!

Anyhoo - I started filling in all the bumph and Jeez - how bl**dy huge is it ?!

I'm shattered and can't imagine what the ITA is going to be like if this is anything to go by !!!!!!

anyhoo - I'm only half way through and already on 130 points !!!!! Just hope G is right and I don't have to kill her for making me do this better get back to it or it'll take me more months !!!

Michelle

Oh and I just found my 1 year old daughter in my make-up bag
Old Mar 15th 2007, 11:28 am
BE Forum Addict

Sammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Blimey! This EOI is a major task in itself ...

Hi there

We have printed off our EOI and started to fill it in but have got stuck as we have give verification of job, hubby is main applicant but he can't register as a pharmacist in NZ without proof of visa and can't complete EOI without proof of registration to work as a pharmacist in NZ - I think we are stuck
Sammy
Old Mar 15th 2007, 11:31 am
Banned

andy&georgina has a reputation beyond reputeandy&georgina has a reputation beyond reputeandy&georgina has a reputation beyond reputeandy&georgina has a reputation beyond reputeandy&georgina has a reputation beyond reputeandy&georgina has a reputation beyond reputeandy&georgina has a reputation beyond reputeandy&georgina has a reputation beyond reputeandy&georgina has a reputation beyond reputeandy&georgina has a reputation beyond reputeandy&georgina has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Michelle&Carl
I started filling in our EOI in October! Waiting for house sale and job interviews has put it off - but thanks to the lovely Georgina - she found out for me that Carl's qualification IS enough !!!!! Slap me stupid for being so fick!

Anyhoo - I started filling in all the bumph and Jeez - how bl**dy huge is it ?!

I'm shattered and can't imagine what the ITA is going to be like if this is anything to go by !!!!!!

anyhoo - I'm only half way through and already on 130 points !!!!!Just hope G is right and I don't have to kill her for making me do this better get back to it or it'll take me more months !!!

Michelle

Hey hey hey - don't blame me if I am wrong - I only gave you link from NZIS

So kill them if it's wrong

P.s - do a bit at a time as you can save it and go back
Old Mar 15th 2007, 11:51 am

Mandie is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Sammy T
he can't register as a pharmacist in NZ without proof of visa and can't complete EOI without proof of registration
Surely this can't be right, how would anyone manage to get over there...it may be different for midwives but i got my NZ midwifery registration without having a visa. Maybe give the NZ pharmacist registration body a ring as sometimes speaking to someone is better.

good luck
Old Mar 15th 2007, 12:19 pm
BE Forum Addict

UKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond repute

Well it's done and filled in !!! Phew !!!

i was just messing around with the points indicator and it says that if Carl has a job offer to add onto our EOI, he will have 210 points !!!! that can't be right, can it ?!

I'm having a coronary .....

Michelle xx
Old Mar 15th 2007, 12:28 pm
within Touching distance

GowHow is a name known to allGowHow is a name known to allGowHow is a name known to allGowHow is a name known to allGowHow is a name known to allGowHow is a name known to allGowHow is a name known to allGowHow is a name known to allGowHow is a name known to allGowHow is a name known to allGowHow is a name known to all

Hi there

We have printed off our EOI and started to fill it in but have got stuck as we have give verification of job, hubby is main applicant but he can't register as a pharmacist in NZ without proof of visa and can't complete EOI without proof of registration to work as a pharmacist in NZ - I think we are stuck
Sammy
My wife is our main applicant and she is a pharmacist. It is a bit tricky, but from memory she needed to gt a letter of goodstanding from the RPSGB . We are about to get our Work to residency visa. This means that wifey will need to get registered in NZ within 6 months of visa being issued. Then we can convert the visa to a PR visa. The registration takes about 4 weeks I think.

PM me if you want any more advice.
Old Mar 15th 2007, 2:47 pm
Maz

Maz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Michelle&Carl
130 points? You're golden for the next draw. Shame you just missed the last one!

The above made me
Old Mar 15th 2007, 2:57 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Maz
130 points? You're golden for the next draw. Shame you just missed the last one!

The above made me

I do hope so! Just hope that its right and he does have a Diploma worthy of NZ - it does say BTEC Diploma in BIG letters though yay! How the hell I missed this major point before, is beyond me!

Thanks all though xx Oh and Maz she tried EATING it not wearing it don't know what would have been worse !!

Michelle xx
Old Mar 15th 2007, 3:10 pm
BE Forum Addict

Sammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by GowHow
My wife is our main applicant and she is a pharmacist. It is a bit tricky, but from memory she needed to gt a letter of goodstanding from the RPSGB . We are about to get our Work to residency visa. This means that wifey will need to get registered in NZ within 6 months of visa being issued. Then we can convert the visa to a PR visa. The registration takes about 4 weeks I think.

PM me if you want any more advice.
Ta for that, we got in touch with both the Pharmacy Council who said we had to have proof of visa before he could do assessment so then we spoke to a helpful bod at immigration who said he had to have proof of eligibilty to work and register as a pharmacist before we could even submit the EOI.
I'm v confused
We are now looking to see if we can get enough points with me as main applicant as it is not so complicated for midwives.
Have not looked at the Work to Residency visa, how long does that give you in NZ and what are the chances of getting extended into PR?
Sammy
Old Mar 15th 2007, 3:13 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Mandie.H
Surely this can't be right, how would anyone manage to get over there...it may be different for midwives but i got my NZ midwifery registration without having a visa. Maybe give the NZ pharmacist registration body a ring as sometimes speaking to someone is better.

good luck
See above post, we have spoken to a real person but still as confused!
We are going to check to see if we could get in with me as main applicant.
How easy did you find midwifery registration, on checking it says you have to have extra police and medical checks (seperate to visa required ones) Is that right?
Any info would be helpful as I feel we are going 2 steps forward and 3 back at the moment
Sammy
Old Mar 15th 2007, 3:38 pm
within Touching distance

GowHow is a name known to allGowHow is a name known to allGowHow is a name known to allGowHow is a name known to allGowHow is a name known to allGowHow is a name known to allGowHow is a name known to allGowHow is a name known to allGowHow is a name known to allGowHow is a name known to allGowHow is a name known to all

Ta for that, we got in touch with both the Pharmacy Council who said we had to have proof of visa before he could do assessment so then we spoke to a helpful bod at immigration who said he had to have proof of eligibilty to work and register as a pharmacist before we could even submit the EOI.
I'm v confused
We are now looking to see if we can get enough points with me as main applicant as it is not so complicated for midwives.
Have not looked at the Work to Residency visa, how long does that give you in NZ and what are the chances of getting extended into PR?
Sammy
You get 6 months from issue of WTR visa. Assuming that the 4 weeks pass ok, the PR is just a formality....apparently

My wife even got a job offer but it lapsed as we did not sell the house in time. I cannot see any reason why you cannot carry on with the application as a prime applicant.
Old Mar 15th 2007, 4:24 pm
BE Forum Addict

Off to check points (again!)
Old Mar 15th 2007, 5:37 pm

Mandie is an unknown quantity at this point

How easy did you find midwifery registration, on checking it says you have to have extra police and medical checks (seperate to visa required ones) Is that right?
Any info would be helpful as I feel we are going 2 steps forward and 3 back at the moment
Sammy
Hi Sammy, this is how i've done it...

1. Police check - ask for two copies as you'll need one for Midwifery Council and one for immigration (this takes 40 days)
2. If you've not been qualified for long you'll need a transcript from you university outlining your course
3. NMC verification

Ok part of the NZ midwifery council registration process involves doing a self assessment for which is very long winded, so i filled it out while i was waiting for police checks to come through (believe me you'll need the forty days)

so for the NZ Midwifery Council you'll need to have the following to send off to become registered (although some forms will need to be sent directly from the person filling out the form, in this case i gave these people pre-addressed envelopes that i'd already got weighed and paid for at the post office) ...the majority of these forms come with the registration pack which you can download and print off.
1. Application form
2. Self assessment form
3. Good character form - Midwife
4. Good character form - Professional
5. medical practitioner
6. NMC registration verification
7. NMC good standing
8. police certificate
9. Birth certificate - certified by solicitor
10. university transcript
11. Marriage certificate - certified by solicitor
12. Passport - certified by solicitor
13. Payment

I had no extra medical just the form signed by my GP which says that your basically sound to do the job. it sounds a nightmare but is really quite simple once you've done the self assessment pack.

Here is the website for midwifery council although you've prob got it anyway
http://www.midwiferycouncil.org.nz/main/Registration/

I always spoke to Nick Bennie who was really helpful contact page link below
http://www.midwiferycouncil.org.nz/main/contact/

PM me if i can be of any further help
good luck and take care
Old Mar 15th 2007, 5:51 pm
BE Forum Addict

Fantastic, thanks Mandie

Looks like I've got a few evenings work ahead, better get started once I've got children off to bed then!

Sammy