Blenheim move

Old Jul 12th 2007, 11:26 am
Just Joined

houseofwhites has a spectacular aura abouthouseofwhites has a spectacular aura abouthouseofwhites has a spectacular aura about
Default Blenheim move

Hi Guys
We originally were looking at the Nelson but now it looks like my husband is going to be studing at the NMIT Marlborough campus in Blenheim hopefully from January/Feb time.
If anyone has any ideas or opinions on where the nice village schools are in this area or no more than a 30 min drive outside of this area for our two children (4 and 8). I think if i'm confident about them being settled then the move will be alot smoother!
Also i need to find work once we arrive and i currently am an early years intervention worker with children 0-5 with special needs, does anyone know of any contact that might be useful for me to start sending my C.V. out to.
Many thanks
Old Jul 12th 2007, 11:29 am
P2L
BE Forum Addict

P2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Blenheim move

Originally Posted by houseofwhites
Hi Guys
We originally were looking at the Nelson but now it looks like my husband is going to be studing at the NMIT Marlborough campus in Blenheim hopefully from January/Feb time.
If anyone has any ideas or opinions on where the nice village schools are in this area or no more than a 30 min drive outside of this area for our two children (4 and 8). I think if i'm confident about them being settled then the move will be alot smoother!
Also i need to find work once we arrive and i currently am an early years intervention worker with children 0-5 with special needs, does anyone know of any contact that might be useful for me to start sending my C.V. out to.
Many thanks

Hiya

We're in Blenheim (as is Beachcombers & Frenchy) and Trout are on their way in October!!

If you don't mind hanging on till tomorrow, I'll send you some links but I'm just off to my bed (it's 1130pm here!) Sorry to keep you hanging on...........

Sarah
Old Jul 12th 2007, 1:44 pm
Just Joined

houseofwhites has a spectacular aura abouthouseofwhites has a spectacular aura abouthouseofwhites has a spectacular aura about

thanks thats great, every time i hear these things i get a tingle up my spine of the whole reason we are moving!!! speak soon
Old Jul 12th 2007, 7:24 pm

happynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nice

Hi Guys
We originally were looking at the Nelson but now it looks like my husband is going to be studing...
oo er, missus...

Last edited by happynz; Jul 12th 2007 at 7:28 pm.
Old Jul 12th 2007, 11:30 pm
P2L
BE Forum Addict

P2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Guys
Many thanks

Hiya

Sorry about the delay in getting back to you.

Great news about you coming to Blenheim, much better than Nelson!!( Joking BEV!!)

So I'm guessing that your OH might already have made some contacts re the viticulture industry in Marlborough?? If not he could always PM Beachcombers; Melissa is a supervisor for one of the vineyards & may be able to advise you. I have read some pres this week regarding the visa process for the vineyards. It's changing basically and I believe that these changes are pretty imminent but Marlborough seems to be dragging it's heels with the whole process.

Sorry I can't help with your job search, but I will ask next week for you at school & nursery to see where your best bet is to look.

With regards to where to live, it's a difficult question for someone to answer for someone else, it really is a personal choice.

We initially lived in Blenheim when we arrived but are now renting out in Renwick, which is 10 minutes out of Blenheim, but much quieter. Our girls go to school here too & have settled well (we've been here 3 months)

If you look on here www.wises.co.nz they have the most comprehensive map for you to look at for the area. Personally, I wouldn't look any further out of town than Seddon to the south, you can't go any further than Picton to the North! and although you can go a long way out into the Wairau Valley, practically I think Wairau settlement is about your limit as far as school, commuting & shopping goes!!

This covers all the schools in Blenheim & surrounding areas
http://www.ero.govt.nz/ero/publishin...&SearchOrder=4

Other links worth looking at to get a feel for the place are

www.marlborough.govt.nz

http://www.stuff.co.nz/marlboroughex...boroughexpress

www.realestate.co.nz
this one has the best selection of rental property too in the area

http://www.metservice.co.nz/default/...alias=blenheim

Sorry it's a long one, but hope it helps

Happy Reading
Old Jul 14th 2007, 9:48 pm
BE Enthusiast

Frenchy has much to be proud ofFrenchy has much to be proud ofFrenchy has much to be proud ofFrenchy has much to be proud ofFrenchy has much to be proud ofFrenchy has much to be proud ofFrenchy has much to be proud ofFrenchy has much to be proud ofFrenchy has much to be proud ofFrenchy has much to be proud ofFrenchy has much to be proud of

Hello there!!!
Sara has given you lots of links (she has settled so well and is such a resourcefull woman). We arrived in January from Birmingham.

Areas will be very much a personal choice thing, we have senior school age kids and knew we wanted to be fairly close to the girls college. This works well for us as our daughter can walk to school and our son rides a bike to the boys college. You will find a HUGE variation in the prices of property generally the further away from town the slightly cheaper things get.

Renwick (where Sara lives) has a good reputation for schools and is a nice area. We felt that with the kids the age that ours are (15 and 13) we didnt want to be constantly driving them into town so we chose to be fairly near the CBD.

I work in the hospital with a lady who has many links to schools so I will ask her about any job info for you.
You could try

www.seek.co.nz

For a job search
or

www.trademe.co.nz

for property and jobs.
For local news

www.marlboroughexpress.co.nz

Good luck and we look forward to meeting you in sunny Blenheim (bit cold today!!!!!)