Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

blenheim/marlborough

blenheim/marlborough

Old Apr 15th 2009, 12:44 pm
Forum Regular

jimanddebs has a brilliant futurejimanddebs has a brilliant futurejimanddebs has a brilliant futurejimanddebs has a brilliant futurejimanddebs has a brilliant futurejimanddebs has a brilliant futurejimanddebs has a brilliant future
Default blenheim/marlborough

hi everyone

i have been offered a promotion with my company and it is in blenheim. we dont know a lot about it apart from it makes great wines hahaha

is anyone can help us with any type of useful info we would appreciate it.

jim and debs
Old Apr 15th 2009, 7:57 pm
P2L
BE Forum Addict

P2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: blenheim/marlborough

Originally Posted by jimanddebs
hi everyone

i have been offered a promotion with my company and it is in blenheim. we dont know a lot about it apart from it makes great wines hahaha

is anyone can help us with any type of useful info we would appreciate it.

jim and debs

Just left Blenheim for Christchurch

Yes they make the BEST wine, also have the most sunshine hours in New Zealand.

Lots of migrants because of the vineyards, so lots of cultures are represented there.

Weather good all year round pretty much, so lots of outdoorsy things going on
One of the few places where house prices are still going UP too

here's some handy websites for you.

Try contacting Frenchy too, she's in Bleneheim ( although think she's actually in the UK at the mo)

http://www.marlboroughonline.co.nz/

http://www.stuff.co.nz/marlborough-express/

http://marlborough.newcomers.co.nz/p...eofevents.html

http://www.marlboroughrealestate.co.nz/

The downsides???
Sometimes it can feel claustraphobic, and is still very much a 'growing town' but Nelson is just over an hour away and the drive to Christchurch is quite 'doable'

Get them to send you for a weekend and make your mind up

And if anyone wants to give us a job, we'd be back there like a shot.
Old Apr 17th 2009, 10:55 pm
Who loves you, baby?

sparkie down under has a reputation beyond reputesparkie down under has a reputation beyond reputesparkie down under has a reputation beyond reputesparkie down under has a reputation beyond reputesparkie down under has a reputation beyond reputesparkie down under has a reputation beyond reputesparkie down under has a reputation beyond reputesparkie down under has a reputation beyond reputesparkie down under has a reputation beyond reputesparkie down under has a reputation beyond reputesparkie down under has a reputation beyond repute

well your last line say it all really
Old Apr 26th 2009, 8:50 pm
BE Enthusiast

Frenchy has much to be proud ofFrenchy has much to be proud ofFrenchy has much to be proud ofFrenchy has much to be proud ofFrenchy has much to be proud ofFrenchy has much to be proud ofFrenchy has much to be proud ofFrenchy has much to be proud ofFrenchy has much to be proud ofFrenchy has much to be proud ofFrenchy has much to be proud of

Back from good old Blighty!!!!

I love Blenheim and my 17 year old daughter has just been on her 1st trip back to the UK and was really homesick for Blenheim, she loves it here

Really relaxed lifestyle small town feel. Feel free to pm me with any specific queeries. Come take a look!!!!