Reload this Page >

Blenheim hospital and midwifery

Blenheim hospital and midwifery

Old Dec 9th 2008, 11:35 pm
Just Joined

shazniko is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Blenheim hospital and midwifery

Hi Frenchy

Just wondering what the hospital in Blenheim is like to work in? Its just that I'm a midwife - I contacted a recruitment agency and they had suggested enquiring at Blenheim for me for midwifery jobs. They said that there is a great support system there. Is that your experience?

Shazniko
Old Dec 9th 2008, 11:48 pm
`

BEVS has disabled reputation
Default Re: Nelson vs Marlborough and housing boom

I think I will stick this in its own thread for you so it's seen by those in the know
Old Dec 10th 2008, 12:11 am
P2L
BE Forum Addict

P2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Blenheim hospital and midwifery

Originally Posted by shazniko
Hi Frenchy

Just wondering what the hospital in Blenheim is like to work in? Its just that I'm a midwife - I contacted a recruitment agency and they had suggested enquiring at Blenheim for me for midwifery jobs. They said that there is a great support system there. Is that your experience?

Shazniko

Sorry can't help. Frenchy is the best person to answer your questions; she works at the Wiarau but isn't a midwife. Try sending her a PM
Old Dec 10th 2008, 4:58 am
Forum Regular

nick333 has much to be proud ofnick333 has much to be proud ofnick333 has much to be proud ofnick333 has much to be proud ofnick333 has much to be proud ofnick333 has much to be proud ofnick333 has much to be proud ofnick333 has much to be proud ofnick333 has much to be proud ofnick333 has much to be proud ofnick333 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by shazniko
Hi Frenchy

Shazniko
Hi Shazniko,

My wife has just been offered a job at Wiarau, albeit in Surgical not Midwifery. We got this through Tonix Agency who have been brilliant, although you canapply direct. If you want the contacts details of the human resources hospital co-ordinator let me know.
Wife said telephone interview was very comprehensive and she was glad she spent a couple of revising for it as they asked a lot of of? re case scenarios and ethics etc. They will also want to speak with your professional references and will ask them a lot of ?'s. You will also need to send them recent MRSA swab results.
Good luck, and as P2L says, try getting hold of Frenchy as she is a mine of useful information.
Old Dec 11th 2008, 6:04 pm
BE Enthusiast

Frenchy has much to be proud ofFrenchy has much to be proud ofFrenchy has much to be proud ofFrenchy has much to be proud ofFrenchy has much to be proud ofFrenchy has much to be proud ofFrenchy has much to be proud ofFrenchy has much to be proud ofFrenchy has much to be proud ofFrenchy has much to be proud ofFrenchy has much to be proud of

I am here!!!!

Hospital currently under re-construction from build view (lovely plush new build) and staff re organization but generally Midwifery wont be affected.

Fantastic place to work (I have been here 2 years). Staff megga friendly really community feel a bit like the old cottage hospitals (gosh I am getting old!!!)

Midwifery not as state as the art as bigger centres but then the population is lower. Any complications tend to go to bigger areas ie SCBU at Auckland.

The only down side is that you really do have to sort of forget all your UK dynamic expertise and fast pace and sit back a while. Its only after about 12 months when th Kiwis generally seem to accept your prior experiences and you feel that you can start to challenge and change. I am a Nurse Educator here and used to teach in Uni in the UK so things have been a bit different!!! Pm me if I can be of any help!!!!
Old Dec 11th 2008, 8:31 pm
Forum Regular

nick333 has much to be proud ofnick333 has much to be proud ofnick333 has much to be proud ofnick333 has much to be proud ofnick333 has much to be proud ofnick333 has much to be proud ofnick333 has much to be proud ofnick333 has much to be proud ofnick333 has much to be proud ofnick333 has much to be proud ofnick333 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Frenchy
I am here!!!!

Hospital currently under re-construction from build view (lovely plush new build) and staff re organization but generally Midwifery wont be affected.

Fantastic place to work (I have been here 2 years). Staff megga friendly really community feel a bit like the old cottage hospitals (gosh I am getting old!!!)

Midwifery not as state as the art as bigger centres but then the population is lower. Any complications tend to go to bigger areas ie SCBU at Auckland.

The only down side is that you really do have to sort of forget all your UK dynamic expertise and fast pace and sit back a while. Its only after about 12 months when th Kiwis generally seem to accept your prior experiences and you feel that you can start to challenge and change. I am a Nurse Educator here and used to teach in Uni in the UK so things have been a bit different!!! Pm me if I can be of any help!!!!
See told ya Frenchy rocks lol
Old Dec 19th 2008, 10:38 pm
Just Joined

Thanks everyone for your info.
Old Dec 19th 2008, 10:42 pm
Just Joined

Hi Frenchy

A cottage hospital sounds fab! To sit back for a while would suit me fine!!

I have been in contact with Tonix and thats exactly what I said to them - that I would love to work in a "cottage-style" hospital. I would love to work in a community based setting so that hopefully the families could receive the care they deserve instead of racing from one to another! Does Blenheim have a scbu? If so, do midwives work in it?
Old Dec 19th 2008, 11:02 pm
BE Enthusiast

Frenchy has much to be proud ofFrenchy has much to be proud ofFrenchy has much to be proud ofFrenchy has much to be proud ofFrenchy has much to be proud ofFrenchy has much to be proud ofFrenchy has much to be proud ofFrenchy has much to be proud ofFrenchy has much to be proud ofFrenchy has much to be proud ofFrenchy has much to be proud of

No SCBU I am afraid, too specialized they go off to either Nelson or Wellington. Speaking to other ex pat midwifes here they say its a bit old fashioned but really friendly

Let me know when you arrive or give me a yell if you need any more info!!