British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   New Zealand (https://britishexpats.com/forum/new-zealand-83/)
-   -   Blatant self / business promotion thread (https://britishexpats.com/forum/new-zealand-83/blatant-self-business-promotion-thread-672315/)

Biddy Jun 13th 2010 11:56 pm

Blatant self / business promotion thread

Hi all - and especially you lovely Mods - thought i'd start a thread (if allowed please Mods) where all us ex Poms struggling to make a living over here can promote their own goods / services so that we can all (where appropriate) take advantage of what's on offer.

So whether it's sausages, heat pumps, books or whatever this can be the place to let others know.

Whaddya think?

lardyl Jun 13th 2010 11:59 pm

Re: Blatant self / business promotion thread

Originally Posted by Biddy (Post 8630892)
Hi all - and especially you lovely Mods - thought i'd start a thread (if allowed please Mods) where all us ex Poms struggling to make a living over here can promote their own goods / services so that we can all (where appropriate) take advantage of what's on offer.

So whether it's sausages, heat pumps, books or whatever this can be the place to let others know.

Whaddya think?

mmm...good in principle but the Admins might not like it.....

best way for me to get more work is for some of you to start some fires, but then I can't recommend that can I ?? :ohmy:

scrubbedexpat094 Jun 14th 2010 5:26 am

I've got a great body!!!!!!:eek:

Jan n Neil Jun 14th 2010 5:31 am

I,m a self employed Gigalo but i aint cheap :wub:

lardyl Jun 14th 2010 5:35 am

Originally Posted by Jan n Neil (Post 8631369)
I,m a self employed Gigalo but i aint cheap :wub:

are you "easy" though?

Justcol Jun 14th 2010 6:06 am

You can have links to any business interests you have in your signiture.
Just like mine below. go on, have a look :thumbsup:

Biddy Jun 14th 2010 6:22 am

Right then .....done.

I was actually thinking of a more 'useful' thread where local / national products or services could be promoted rather than the usual gigolos looking for action - see above. ;)

BEVS Jun 14th 2010 6:53 am

Will have the conversation with admin about this, as in essence this is still advertising

Sue Jun 14th 2010 1:02 pm

Originally Posted by Biddy (Post 8630892)

Whaddya think?

It's a great idea in principle, but unfortunately if we let this thread be used for that it's going to be abused, not by you or the people you are directing this thread at, but by one post spammers and newly joined members whose only aim in using BE is to use it for free advertising. I am sorry.

But .... please everyone do not forget that you can utilise your forum signature, (details about that are in the Site Rules) and we've got the Connections forum where established members can connect with other BE businesses/services. Also, add your site to our links page. We get all the search engines spidering it and it's a great way to get your site indexed in the site engines, if it's not already.

Thanks peeps and I hope you understand. We will let this thread stay open for now, but I ask that it not be used to promote any services/sites/products.

Sue