Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Black Friday shopping accomplishments.

Black Friday shopping accomplishments.

Old Nov 30th 2008, 5:54 pm
Forum Regular

Leyther has much to be proud ofLeyther has much to be proud ofLeyther has much to be proud ofLeyther has much to be proud ofLeyther has much to be proud ofLeyther has much to be proud ofLeyther has much to be proud ofLeyther has much to be proud ofLeyther has much to be proud ofLeyther has much to be proud ofLeyther has much to be proud of
Default Re: Black Friday shopping accomplishments.

Picked up a digital camera for the FIL, for a little under $200 bucks (60% off). Got some Kakis and a sweater from Banana Republic for $25 each, both down from $65. Then got a casimere sweater half off at $30 and then the biggest find was in Levis were I bought an $80 sweater for only $15 bucks.

So overall, minus the camera, I got only spent $95 but the biggest shop will come in January.
Old Nov 30th 2008, 6:01 pm
BE Forum Addict

Jan Alaska has a reputation beyond reputeJan Alaska has a reputation beyond reputeJan Alaska has a reputation beyond reputeJan Alaska has a reputation beyond reputeJan Alaska has a reputation beyond reputeJan Alaska has a reputation beyond reputeJan Alaska has a reputation beyond reputeJan Alaska has a reputation beyond reputeJan Alaska has a reputation beyond reputeJan Alaska has a reputation beyond reputeJan Alaska has a reputation beyond repute

Does cleaning up my department at the store after customers have come through and trashed it count as an accomplishment ? I started work at 2pm and by 11 had just about managed to return the dept to normality.
Needless to say working in retail black friday doesnt excite me so much and I certainly wouldnt be out of bed at 4am to shop.

Jan
Old Nov 30th 2008, 10:34 pm
A lion in your lap

elfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond repute

We visited a mall on Black Friday - but not the shopping kind: Our Black Friday accomplishment was getting the kids from one of the National Mall in Washington DC to the other and back again without any whining (and without buying anything other than the odd snack).
Old Nov 30th 2008, 10:50 pm
BE Enthusiast

jjmb has a reputation beyond reputejjmb has a reputation beyond reputejjmb has a reputation beyond reputejjmb has a reputation beyond reputejjmb has a reputation beyond reputejjmb has a reputation beyond reputejjmb has a reputation beyond reputejjmb has a reputation beyond reputejjmb has a reputation beyond reputejjmb has a reputation beyond reputejjmb has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jan_michigan
Does cleaning up my department at the store after customers have come through and trashed it count as an accomplishment ? I started work at 2pm and by 11 had just about managed to return the dept to normality.
Needless to say working in retail black friday doesnt excite me so much and I certainly wouldnt be out of bed at 4am to shop.

Jan
Not sure which is the best shift...5.30am - 2.15pm here in Joann's in Austin. Could not believe that people were lining up for fabric at 5am! Must admit the price of flannel at $1.49 a yard and fleece at $2.99 was good but one woman bought over 300 yds of the stuff!

Needless to say I don't shop on Black Friday
Old Nov 30th 2008, 11:31 pm
Sursum corda

cindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Poppy girl
LOL its my treat to myself as for chocolate I did indulge in those terribly addictive cherry chocolates that Wal-Mart and a few other carry for a $1 a box lol, they bring them out ever year and I am can't help myself

Think they are cherry cordials.
Aw they are indeed, brings back memories, used to give them to my dad for xmas every year.
Old Dec 1st 2008, 2:59 am
Banned

Lord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Deedee13
Well got home at 9.30pm thursday night and decided to go and see if the queue at best buy has started.. well ended up staying there because they must be better planned than I was. Tents, heaters, marshmallows .. amazing. Anyway here is what i got

BEST BUY
Toshiba Laptop. Best buy -queued till 3.30AM when they gave out tickets i was ticket number 11! YIPPEE.. well worth that one

MEIJERS
Wii, with skins and a free game. $249
portable dvd player thing with screen.. $44

Target
Sewing machine $65
Casio keyboard $65
Hoover things.. $10 crappy gift for someone.
DVD player $40
DVDs $3

ABC Warehouse
Rice Cooker $7
Bosch Dishwasher 25% discount

Circuit City
IPOD Touch Cover $9

CVS
Playtex Tampons 99 cents
aussie shampoo Free
Johnston soft moistoriser Free
Razors 99 cents

So that was the day .. I was and am knackered and skint!! But hey what the hell.

So you'll be able to listen to all sorts of music whilst washing, shaving and soothing the rash on your menstrauting fanny
Old Dec 1st 2008, 3:01 am
Banned

Lord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Rete
Well you were a busy little beaver, DeeDee
I think you're refering to the the original poster
Old Dec 1st 2008, 1:37 pm
BE Forum Addict

Janek66 has a reputation beyond reputeJanek66 has a reputation beyond reputeJanek66 has a reputation beyond reputeJanek66 has a reputation beyond reputeJanek66 has a reputation beyond reputeJanek66 has a reputation beyond reputeJanek66 has a reputation beyond reputeJanek66 has a reputation beyond reputeJanek66 has a reputation beyond reputeJanek66 has a reputation beyond reputeJanek66 has a reputation beyond repute

Had to go to Wally World on Friday and there was no one there! Their Xmas area was half the size it used to be and the selection was rubbish (I know, it is Walmart but.....)
Old Dec 1st 2008, 1:46 pm
Queen of my house

tamms_1965 has a reputation beyond reputetamms_1965 has a reputation beyond reputetamms_1965 has a reputation beyond reputetamms_1965 has a reputation beyond reputetamms_1965 has a reputation beyond reputetamms_1965 has a reputation beyond reputetamms_1965 has a reputation beyond reputetamms_1965 has a reputation beyond reputetamms_1965 has a reputation beyond reputetamms_1965 has a reputation beyond reputetamms_1965 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Deedee13
Well got home at 9.30pm thursday night and decided to go and see if the queue at best buy has started.. well ended up staying there because they must be better planned than I was. Tents, heaters, marshmallows .. amazing. Anyway here is what i got

BEST BUY
Toshiba Laptop. Best buy -queued till 3.30AM when they gave out tickets i was ticket number 11! YIPPEE.. well worth that one

MEIJERS
Wii, with skins and a free game. $249
portable dvd player thing with screen.. $44

Target
Sewing machine $65
Casio keyboard $65
Hoover things.. $10 crappy gift for someone.
DVD player $40
DVDs $3

ABC Warehouse
Rice Cooker $7
Bosch Dishwasher 25% discount

Circuit City
IPOD Touch Cover $9

CVS
Playtex Tampons 99 cents
aussie shampoo Free
Johnston soft moistoriser Free
Razors 99 cents

So that was the day .. I was and am knackered and skint!! But hey what the hell.
Nice job. I got the $50 luggage at Macy's and called it a day. I gave 19-yr-old her laptop early (hers fried at school), I'm going shopping with 21-yr-old for clothes either weekend before or after Xmas (his choice), and DH and I decided we're going after Xmas for our prezzies.