Black Eye

Old Nov 24th 2008, 2:01 pm
Sleepless In Chicago

MrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Black Eye

Just get some Slap (makeup) on the other one and wear black clothing.

Sorted.

Hope you mend ok
Old Nov 24th 2008, 2:02 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Tracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MrEmjoy

Sorted.

Hope you mend ok
I think black lipstick goes well too
Old Nov 24th 2008, 2:05 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

No, I would not ask a stranger. One, it is not my business and two, why would I embarrass her/him by asking a personal question of a total stranger.

Now if it were a co-worker or a neighbor that I knew by sight, I would ask in a very humourous manner.

If a stranger came up and asked me that question if I were to have a black eye, I might well blacken theirs.
Old Nov 24th 2008, 2:07 pm
BE Forum Addict

Janek66 has a reputation beyond reputeJanek66 has a reputation beyond reputeJanek66 has a reputation beyond reputeJanek66 has a reputation beyond reputeJanek66 has a reputation beyond reputeJanek66 has a reputation beyond reputeJanek66 has a reputation beyond reputeJanek66 has a reputation beyond reputeJanek66 has a reputation beyond reputeJanek66 has a reputation beyond reputeJanek66 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MrEmjoy

Sorted.

Hope you mend ok
Thank you. I think I damaged my pride more than anything. The teacher at the daycare called me an ignorant hussy this morning.....nearly wet my pants.
Old Nov 24th 2008, 2:11 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Tracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Janek66
Thank you. I think I damaged my pride more than anything. The teacher at the daycare called me an ignorant hussy this morning.....nearly wet my pants.
What?!

She should be the one with the black eye... or two.
Old Nov 24th 2008, 2:16 pm
BE Forum Addict

Janek66 has a reputation beyond reputeJanek66 has a reputation beyond reputeJanek66 has a reputation beyond reputeJanek66 has a reputation beyond reputeJanek66 has a reputation beyond reputeJanek66 has a reputation beyond reputeJanek66 has a reputation beyond reputeJanek66 has a reputation beyond reputeJanek66 has a reputation beyond reputeJanek66 has a reputation beyond reputeJanek66 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Tracym
What?!

She should be the one with the black eye... or two.
Nah she saw it happen.....I didn't fess to the whole story. I thought I had put the van in park (obviously), got out of it and it started rolling backwards fairly quickly, turned around slamming head on door, leapt back in and hit the breaks. Looked up and saw all the kids, and her standing there. At the time she was really nice, mpped up the blood and had one of the other parents (a nurse) check to see if I needed stitches (didn't). But this morning, in relating the story, she was busting a gut.
Old Nov 24th 2008, 2:17 pm
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute

Bleedin women drivers ...
Old Nov 24th 2008, 2:19 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Rete
No, I would not ask a stranger. One, it is not my business and two, why would I embarrass her/him by asking a personal question of a total stranger.

Now if it were a co-worker or a neighbor that I knew by sight, I would ask in a very humourous manner.

If a stranger came up and asked me that question if I were to have a black eye, I might well blacken theirs.
So the bottom line is (in answer to the original ?) I am naiive. Nosy. Tactless.....oh and a crap driver.
Old Nov 24th 2008, 2:23 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

So the bottom line is (in answer to the original ?) I am naiive. Nosy. Tactless.....oh and a crap driver.
You forgot clumsy

j/k of course - I hope your eye bets better soon.
Old Nov 24th 2008, 2:26 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Tracym
You forgot clumsy

j/k of course - I hope your eye bets better soon.
Thank you Tracy...it really is just damamged pride. The last time I had one of these I was 14 and had been hit in the face with a hockey stick....at least that time I could sort of head up. This time I feel like a prat!
Old Nov 24th 2008, 2:34 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Thank you Tracy...it really is just damamged pride. The last time I had one of these I was 14 and had been hit in the face with a hockey stick....at least that time I could sort of head up. This time I feel like a prat!
Oh I'd be the same. Poor you

Wait... I know... just invent a really good story. Such as pointing at hubby and changing "HE did it.. HE did it"
Old Nov 24th 2008, 3:29 pm
BE Enthusiast

Pharrya is a splendid one to beholdPharrya is a splendid one to beholdPharrya is a splendid one to beholdPharrya is a splendid one to beholdPharrya is a splendid one to beholdPharrya is a splendid one to beholdPharrya is a splendid one to beholdPharrya is a splendid one to beholdPharrya is a splendid one to beholdPharrya is a splendid one to beholdPharrya is a splendid one to behold

Years ago, I had a female housemate who took karate lessons on saturday mornings. She came home one day sporting a huge shiner after apparently dropping her guard and getting hit in the face at the lesson.

Anyway, we went to the pub that evening and the amount of dirty looks I got in there was unreal. I think pretty much everyone thought we were a couple and I had smacked her around. Nobody said anything, mind.
Old Nov 24th 2008, 4:00 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Pharrya
Years ago, I had a female housemate who took karate lessons on saturday mornings. She came home one day sporting a huge shiner after apparently dropping her guard and getting hit in the face at the lesson.

Anyway, we went to the pub that evening and the amount of dirty looks I got in there was unreal. I think pretty much everyone thought we were a couple and I had smacked her around. Nobody said anything, mind.
I wonder how many women walk around in the hope that someone one will notice and help? That was the thought running through my head yesterday.....what if my DH had actually done this? But then again, as Tracy pointed out.....probably the vast majority want to just hide the shame of it. A sad world.
Old Nov 24th 2008, 7:49 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

I wonder how many women walk around in the hope that someone one will notice and help? That was the thought running through my head yesterday.....what if my DH had actually done this? But then again, as Tracy pointed out.....probably the vast majority want to just hide the shame of it. A sad world.

But isn't that how it has always been from time immortal? Women once were thought only to be chattel and a husband could whatever he wished to his wife and she had no recourse. If it was to a gf or a wife, wasn't the standard answers "She asked for it", "She had to be put in her place", etc. And worse still, are all the women through the ages who felt they deserved to be treated this way.
Old Nov 24th 2008, 8:43 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Pharrya

LOL reminds me of something long ago, that I had forgotten. I was taking martial arts, and was a beginner. One of the black belts was consulting at the company I worked for. And HE screwed up a demo, and gave me a black eye.

Then.. we got to face each other at work the next day - with everyone, including the boss saying "What HAPPENED to you?"

I thought it was hilarious - the guy was embarrassed beyond belief.

It is a very sad thing. So many women, generally abused as children, just accept that some violence comes along with love. So... they wish the husband wouldn't hit them, but say "oh well, but he loves me". They do not think anyone will love them, and not hit them. So they'll accept so much abuse, just for the scraps of "love" they get in exchange.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.