Biting the bullet

Old Aug 3rd 2011, 5:51 am
BE Forum Addict

Genesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond repute
Default Biting the bullet

Had a water tight accredited surveyor to inspect my house today. I had a regular building inspector earlier in the year. I can now be sure my home is not leaky!! It is one of the 7 out of 10 that is supposed to leak..............what did I know 6 years ago about all this bollocks? I can safely say now that I know most things about leaky homes. I have researched and gnawed away at it, quite interesting stuff.

Anyway alas this all comes at a price, not just the $120 per hour plus GST for the inspection but a cool $60k (ish) for a new roof. Whilst the home is not a leaker the roof has had its 20 year life span and will be replaced by a modern mono pitch roof in steel long run.

This will ensure the longevity of the house, will make it easier to sell if need be and will NOT need replacing in 20 years which is the shelf life of the average butynol flat roof.

Money pit springs to mind.....still its a beautiful money pit with soon to be even more gorgeous!!
Old Aug 3rd 2011, 7:17 am
BE Forum Addict

Bellasmum has a reputation beyond reputeBellasmum has a reputation beyond reputeBellasmum has a reputation beyond reputeBellasmum has a reputation beyond reputeBellasmum has a reputation beyond reputeBellasmum has a reputation beyond reputeBellasmum has a reputation beyond reputeBellasmum has a reputation beyond reputeBellasmum has a reputation beyond reputeBellasmum has a reputation beyond reputeBellasmum has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Biting the bullet

Originally Posted by Genesis
Had a water tight accredited surveyor to inspect my house today. I had a regular building inspector earlier in the year. I can now be sure my home is not leaky!! It is one of the 7 out of 10 that is supposed to leak..............what did I know 6 years ago about all this bollocks? I can safely say now that I know most things about leaky homes. I have researched and gnawed away at it, quite interesting stuff.

Anyway alas this all comes at a price, not just the $120 per hour plus GST for the inspection but a cool $60k (ish) for a new roof. Whilst the home is not a leaker the roof has had its 20 year life span and will be replaced by a modern mono pitch roof in steel long run.

This will ensure the longevity of the house, will make it easier to sell if need be and will NOT need replacing in 20 years which is the shelf life of the average butynol flat roof.

Money pit springs to mind.....still its a beautiful money pit with soon to be even more gorgeous!!
Just think how much wiser you will be if you decide to buy again Genesis.
Old Aug 3rd 2011, 10:58 am
BE Forum Addict

Genesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Biting the bullet

Originally Posted by Bellasmum
Just think how much wiser you will be if you decide to buy again Genesis.
Indeed. However having sunk so much into the place AND more importantly being very, very happy on our little 1100mtrs section I doubt I will ever leave.