Bit of a c*ck up!

Old Jul 19th 2013, 5:32 am
BE Forum Addict

j19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond repute
Default Bit of a c*ck up!

Can't believe I've done it, just read through how to get the rest of our 3 years on our LTBV and see that the money we sent from UK should have come from Principal Applicants account ie OH. You guessed it, it didn't.
Have tried getting in contact with INZ Business Visa branch in Wellington but they were either away from desks on hols or hiding from the quake.
Feel like an absolute twit, any one encountered similar problem??
Old Jul 19th 2013, 5:41 am

Location: Wellington - I miss Castles, the NHS & English school system
MrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Bit of a c*ck up!

OOHH dear, do you have a CO dealing with this ongoing or is it just who ever picks up the emails/phones.

If you have a contact name try them and ask them what to do. It may be ok or just tell them to return the money and send it in again from correct account ?
If you don't have contact just email them and see what they say
Old Jul 19th 2013, 7:10 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond repute

Sounds to me like a 'jobs worth' requirement, when money hits their bank account they would have absolutely no idea whose actual account it came from. As long as they got it and it's got a suitable reference on it, I reckon it will be fine.
Old Jul 19th 2013, 7:11 am
BE Forum Addict

j19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MrsFychan
OOHH dear, do you have a CO dealing with this ongoing or is it just who ever picks up the emails/phones.

If you have a contact name try them and ask them what to do. It may be ok or just tell them to return the money and send it in again from correct account ?
If you don't have contact just email them and see what they say
Tried our co and it got flicked to someone else. Have also emailed the Head of Dept (not for the first time!!) but he's out of office. Feel like a total dick ( I know I can say that cos they just did on 7 Sharp). No bank account left in uk for OH so not sure how to send it again. House offer due to go unconditional next week. All a bit of a mess. OH stuck in traffic on SH16 he's really going to be happy to hear my news when he finally gets in. Is there an emoticon for kicking yourself?
Old Jul 19th 2013, 7:14 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Bo-Jangles
Sounds to me like a 'jobs worth' requirement, when money hits their bank account they would have absolutely no idea whose actual account it came from. As long as they got it and it's got a suitable reference on it, I reckon it will be fine.
I have to submit the bank transfer details on paper. Something to do with money laundering I guess. You'd think money was money at the end of the day!!
Old Jul 19th 2013, 7:18 am

Snap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by j19fmm
Feel like a total dick ( I know I can say that cos they just did on 7 Sharp).
But not an arse or feeling like crap or that they are taking the piss ? Also heard on the NZ t.v. show, 'Seven Sharp' (think, 'One Show' all you UK readers.)

Ooops, shouldn't say that. People come to NZ from Britain because they are fed up with the swearing in the UK.

Hey, no 'watershed' in NZ. Cool.
Old Jul 19th 2013, 7:47 am

MrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond repute

if the money needs to come from OH account get it back into yours and then transfer to his then transfer to theirs.

Hopefully won't come to that but at the end of the day if that's what they want that's the only way to do it. They can't keep your money if they are not going to accept it from your account.
Old Jul 19th 2013, 10:28 am
BE Forum Addict

if the money needs to come from OH account get it back into yours and then transfer to his then transfer to theirs.

Hopefully won't come to that but at the end of the day if that's what they want that's the only way to do it. They can't keep your money if they are not going to accept it from your account.
Not sure how we would open a bank account for OH in UK. He closed his when he left.
Old Jul 19th 2013, 10:38 am

no I meant transfer to his account here, or does the money need to come from abroad?
Old Jul 19th 2013, 2:26 pm
BE Forum Addict

no I meant transfer to his account here, or does the money need to come from abroad?
The condition says "must be transferred to New Zealand by banking system"
trouble is we are in the middle of buying a house so in a minute there won't be any funds to be able to ping pong.
Old Jul 19th 2013, 4:06 pm
Queen of the Underworld

Persephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond repute

I can see why the rule exists but when it's a married couple surely it makes no difference whether it comes from the wife or the husband's account.
Hopefully it will be less of an issue than you think
He'd have trouble opening a bank account in the UK if not resident I think.
All the best x

Last edited by Persephone; Jul 19th 2013 at 4:19 pm.
Old Jul 19th 2013, 10:11 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Persephone

I can see why the rule exists but when it's a married couple surely it makes no difference whether it comes from the wife or the husband's account.
Hopefully it will be less of an issue than you think
He'd have trouble opening a bank account in the UK if not resident I think.
All the best x
I'm trying to add him to my UK online bank account from here.
Just another damn thing to keep me awake at night!