A bit of advice

Old Apr 18th 2008, 1:36 pm
tickle my tadpoles

footloose is on a distinguished road
Default A bit of advice

Hi,

I have recently completed a CIPD qualification in training, and have been delivering training for the past year or so. I am interested in moving to NZ, and was wondering if going as a prison officer or trying to get a training job would be the better option.

Any ideas or advice would be warmly welcome.
Old Apr 18th 2008, 8:48 pm

happynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nice
Default Re: A bit of advice

I think that whatever way gives you the best chance of securing residency is your best route. Once you have that permanent residency sticker in your passport you have more choices here in what you want to do.
Old Apr 19th 2008, 3:27 am
Forum Regular

Archangel is just really niceArchangel is just really niceArchangel is just really niceArchangel is just really niceArchangel is just really niceArchangel is just really niceArchangel is just really niceArchangel is just really niceArchangel is just really niceArchangel is just really nice
Default Re: A bit of advice

Originally Posted by footloose
Hi,

I have recently completed a CIPD qualification in training, and have been delivering training for the past year or so. I am interested in moving to NZ, and was wondering if going as a prison officer or trying to get a training job would be the better option.

Any ideas or advice would be warmly welcome.
I have no idea whether your current training is transferable here. If your preference is to work in the prison service then from my experience there is an ongoing shortage in that area. Only you can decide which job you will be happy in. If you get PR and you don't like the job your in you can always change, I assume this is not the case with a work permit you will have to stick with the employer that offered you the job for what ever period stated. The main focus within the prison service is on rehabilitation using principles from the Treaty of Waitangi this is essential as many of the prisons have a higher proportion of Maori prisoners.

Good luck