Birmigham Expo

Old Mar 27th 2009, 7:40 pm
NZbound

yorkshire_sparkie is just really niceyorkshire_sparkie is just really niceyorkshire_sparkie is just really niceyorkshire_sparkie is just really niceyorkshire_sparkie is just really niceyorkshire_sparkie is just really niceyorkshire_sparkie is just really niceyorkshire_sparkie is just really nice
Default Birmigham Expo

To everyone going tomorrow

Hope you all have a good day

I have a long list of questions prepared
Old Mar 27th 2009, 9:26 pm
Forum Regular

LiffyB is a glorious beacon of lightLiffyB is a glorious beacon of lightLiffyB is a glorious beacon of lightLiffyB is a glorious beacon of lightLiffyB is a glorious beacon of lightLiffyB is a glorious beacon of lightLiffyB is a glorious beacon of lightLiffyB is a glorious beacon of lightLiffyB is a glorious beacon of lightLiffyB is a glorious beacon of lightLiffyB is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Birmigham Expo

We are off to the Expo on Sunday - so would appreciate any feed back! we will be travelling a fair distance from deepest darkest Cornwall, so if it turns out to be not as expected I'd appreciate a 'heads up'.

Looking forward to hearing others views!

Liff
Old Mar 28th 2009, 11:25 am
Live from CHCH...

Matewx has a reputation beyond reputeMatewx has a reputation beyond reputeMatewx has a reputation beyond reputeMatewx has a reputation beyond reputeMatewx has a reputation beyond reputeMatewx has a reputation beyond reputeMatewx has a reputation beyond reputeMatewx has a reputation beyond reputeMatewx has a reputation beyond reputeMatewx has a reputation beyond reputeMatewx has a reputation beyond repute

I work & live round the corner from NEC & we're going tomorrow as well!
If it's a waste of time, please do tell us tonight & I can save some £££

Thanks!
Old Mar 28th 2009, 2:15 pm
Forum Regular

jakie is just really nicejakie is just really nicejakie is just really nicejakie is just really nicejakie is just really nicejakie is just really nicejakie is just really nicejakie is just really nice

Hi we are at the expo and if want to waste £15 each plus £8 parking to stand in Qs for two hours to find out info that you can find out on the internet then get spoken to by the organisers and security like you are a child and then locked out and made to Q for anthoer hour to get back in because you wanted the loo even though you have explained to the security that your 12 year old child is inside the expo on with all your gear then come on down!!!!!!!!!
Even the people on the stands are moaning how small it is, there were treble the stands at the last one apparantly, there is 17 here.
If you are a nurse there are 2 stands - tonixs and accent
if you are a painter from devon then theres nothing, the oh may as well stopped at home
the only thing that was nice was being able to talk to P.S.S and getting prices for moving us however we could of done that on the net!
Nothing to interest the kids apart from subway and sweets, not that we were expecting there to be but there are loads of kids here.
We are waiting for the INZ seminar, the first 1 was choca block.
Sorry to be so negative but i travelled 190 miles for this however im sure there are people here that have found it useful
Update on the inzs in a bit
Jaks
Old Mar 28th 2009, 2:26 pm
Live from CHCH...

Matewx has a reputation beyond reputeMatewx has a reputation beyond reputeMatewx has a reputation beyond reputeMatewx has a reputation beyond reputeMatewx has a reputation beyond reputeMatewx has a reputation beyond reputeMatewx has a reputation beyond reputeMatewx has a reputation beyond reputeMatewx has a reputation beyond reputeMatewx has a reputation beyond reputeMatewx has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks Jackie... Sorry to hear you're disappointed!!
Hmmm not sure what to do...
I guess all we are wasting will be £30 (2 entries) as we dont need parking nor travel!!
The OH is en engineer & while I have a job offer & am waiting on my visa to come through, he has nothing so far... We're hoping for it to be an opportunity to get his CV out & about...
I look forward to more feedback...
Old Mar 28th 2009, 2:31 pm
Forum Regular

LiffyB is a glorious beacon of lightLiffyB is a glorious beacon of lightLiffyB is a glorious beacon of lightLiffyB is a glorious beacon of lightLiffyB is a glorious beacon of lightLiffyB is a glorious beacon of lightLiffyB is a glorious beacon of lightLiffyB is a glorious beacon of lightLiffyB is a glorious beacon of lightLiffyB is a glorious beacon of lightLiffyB is a glorious beacon of light

Jackie

Thanks for being so candid! We are intending to drive up from Cornwall tommorrow - if further reports from yourself and others prove just as negative it looks as if it could be a waste of time. I guess you are correct in the fact that most stuff could be researched online.

OH and I are a Project Manager and a Management Consultant/EA - if there's nothing for us then I think I'll stay at home and do more research online. Sister is already out there (NZ) and has gone through the process so I guess I can build on her experience.

Keep us all posted - I'm sure we all appreciate you taking time out to update us - Many Thanks!

Liff
Old Mar 28th 2009, 2:51 pm
Forum Regular

jakie is just really nicejakie is just really nicejakie is just really nicejakie is just really nicejakie is just really nicejakie is just really nicejakie is just really nicejakie is just really nice

Hi all we are in a pension seminar at the mo, lots of info . just done the moneycorp one and that was ok but it told me nothing i couldnt find online, i think this is great to come to if you have not done an eyefull of research and you know nothing about NZ however if you have then i would save your money and do it all online, as for travelling up from cornwall its a long way to come, (we came from braunton North Devon) if you can do it online or phone then save yourself a trip, i wish i had done more research on the expo b4 we came, anyway goto go to the INZ seminar let you all know what its like
Cheers all
Jaks other half
PEZ
Old Mar 28th 2009, 3:00 pm
Just Joined

one last adventure is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi, we have just come back from the Expo, very disappointed, not alot of exhibitors, lots of people all crowded into a very small space.
The only useful visit was to the NZ immigration where you can talk to people who process the visas and ask for help re your particular circumstance.
This site is more useful and its free.
Old Mar 28th 2009, 3:23 pm
Forum Regular

Looks like we can have an extra couple of hours in bed then!

From what we're hearing it might not be worth all the effort and expense to travel up from Cornwall. Might as well take the time tommorrow to actually getting round to filling in the EOI.
Old Mar 28th 2009, 3:39 pm
Just Joined

Bob the Brumy is an unknown quantity at this point
Angry Re: Birmigham Expo

Do not bother going, it is chaotic, no one knowswhat to do with the very long ques, if you go out to the toilet, you have to re join que and they only let in 20 at a time, we waited 3 hours to get to que front, only to told that people that had pre paid, would be before us, that que was 154 people all waiting for their 20 block to move. a complete fars and waste of time and parking money £8.0. can get all need off line. DONT GO.:curse:
Old Mar 28th 2009, 3:48 pm
Forum Regular

Definitely a duvet day then!
Old Mar 28th 2009, 5:08 pm
Forum Regular

after 7 hours of travelling and £38 later plus subway i am so not happy, dont do it, get all your info offline, INZ seminar was ok but told us nothing we found on site, anyway hope this helps
Jaks oh
PEZ
Old Mar 28th 2009, 5:13 pm
Forum Regular

Thanks for all your imput Jakie - I'm sure that there are lots of people including myself who are appreciative of your updates - its saved us all a lot of money and travelling time.
Old Mar 28th 2009, 5:33 pm
NZbound

yorkshire_sparkie is just really niceyorkshire_sparkie is just really niceyorkshire_sparkie is just really niceyorkshire_sparkie is just really niceyorkshire_sparkie is just really niceyorkshire_sparkie is just really niceyorkshire_sparkie is just really niceyorkshire_sparkie is just really nice

Hi

Just back from the Birmingham expo..... travelled 140m each way - £30 for tickets, £8 parking.....

Best part was meeting Trish and Dave for a pint in Weatherspoons

DONT BOTHER!!!!!!!! We listened to an hour talk and found out nothing that we didn't know already from people on here. NO recruitment - spoke to an immigration dude (queued for 30mins) to be told what we already knew.... left to meet Marion and Trish and when we went back we had to queue again to get back in??????

We did do a good deed though!!! Gave Trish and Dave our name stickers and Trish hand drew a beautiful kiwi "stamp" on her and Dave's hands with a BIRO (not a pen eh Trish ) and they followed us in for FREE

Definately a waste of time and money - as I say the best bit for us was having a beer afterwards
Old Mar 28th 2009, 5:46 pm
Forum Regular

bodmin13 will become famous soon enough

I was there this morning, we got there quite early so getting in was easy but it filled up quick. It was a lot smaller than I thought it would be, the stalls were close together, if you had more than 5 people standing at 1 stall you were blocking the path. My son and I had a snack and a rest (he's only 5) and as there was very limited seating we were sitting on the floor. There were some very helpful people there but some were less than helpful, paid day out of the office! There were probably 100 people in a queue to talk to immigration but there was only 3 maybe 4 people to talk to. When people started queuing for the seminar you couldnt tell which was the line for immigration and which was for the seminar and both lines basically blocked the entrance/exit to the expo.

I decided the easiest option was to go round the stalls and grab all the info packs and leave, after reading through it at home, there really isnt much in there that I didnt already know. You can get it all off the internet and save your sanity from dealing with the Birmingham motorway system

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.