Birkenhead??

Old May 30th 2007, 4:09 pm
Just Joined

gemz is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Birkenhead??

Hi,
Been trying to find out info on auckland suburbs and this one seems to appeal the most. Anyone ever lived here and have any real experience of the place? Do the schools have a good reputation? What are the ppl like?
Thanks x
Old May 30th 2007, 4:40 pm
Forum Regular

Nisey has a brilliant futureNisey has a brilliant futureNisey has a brilliant futureNisey has a brilliant futureNisey has a brilliant futureNisey has a brilliant futureNisey has a brilliant future
Default Re: Birkenhead??

A really good guide is 'where to live in Auckland' and has all the kind of information you are looking for, its available on the internet.
Old May 30th 2007, 7:01 pm
CockneyLass

dazal has much to be proud ofdazal has much to be proud ofdazal has much to be proud ofdazal has much to be proud ofdazal has much to be proud ofdazal has much to be proud ofdazal has much to be proud ofdazal has much to be proud ofdazal has much to be proud ofdazal has much to be proud ofdazal has much to be proud of
Default Re: Birkenhead??

Hi here

I live in Birkdale which is just round the corner from Birkenhead. Birkenhead is a nice area with easy transport into the city and surrounding areas - well as easy as public transport gets here in Akl. The houses can be pretty expensive though which is why a lot of people buy in Birkdale instead and just call it Birkenhead! There are nice shops and restaurants in Birkenhead and the people are pretty much as they would be in in any area. I cant advise you re schools unfortunately as we dont have kids and none of our friends kids go to a school in this area so that would be one you would need to check out yourself. But saying that, I still think the schools in this areas are a pretty high decile no.

Birkdale the area we live in, which is just up the road is a nice area too. It has suffered from having a pretty bad reputation over the years (so has Birkenhead to a certain degree) but it is now an up and coming area with a lot of value for money housing. Well, what I mean is you would get a little bit more for your money here. Again, and I can vouch for this as use the buses all the time you can very easily get into town from here and again, other surrounding areas if you wanted to use public transport. Driving from here into town doesnt take long either (non rush hour that is). Its quite a green area with lots of surrounding bush and parks. Sorry, again, cant help with schools though but would say pretty much the same as above. I just think Birkdale wouldnt have as good schools as say an area like Milford/Forrest Hill but thats not to say they are bad, just not as good. But again, that will need checking out.

Hope that helps. If you need any more information, just PM me and see what I can do.