Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Biometric Passports

Biometric Passports

Old Feb 13th 2008, 5:28 pm
Bouncer For Mothercare

wimpy is a glorious beacon of lightwimpy is a glorious beacon of lightwimpy is a glorious beacon of lightwimpy is a glorious beacon of lightwimpy is a glorious beacon of lightwimpy is a glorious beacon of lightwimpy is a glorious beacon of lightwimpy is a glorious beacon of lightwimpy is a glorious beacon of lightwimpy is a glorious beacon of lightwimpy is a glorious beacon of light
Default Biometric Passports

Sure I read on here somewhere that to fly via LAX you have to have a new biometric passport. Please tell me this is not true and if it is can I change the one I have now to the newer version?
Old Feb 13th 2008, 6:40 pm

Avid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Biometric Passports

Originally Posted by wimpy
Sure I read on here somewhere that to fly via LAX you have to have a new biometric passport. Please tell me this is not true and if it is can I change the one I have now to the newer version?
If your passport was issued after 26 October 2006 then it must be biometric.

If it was issued after October 26th 2005 it should be machine-readable and have a digital photo.

Before October 26th 2005 it should be machine readable.

The above is for those entering the USA. LAX treats all transit passengers as if they were entering the country, so I'd assume that the above rules apply.
Old Feb 13th 2008, 6:53 pm
Bouncer For Mothercare

wimpy is a glorious beacon of lightwimpy is a glorious beacon of lightwimpy is a glorious beacon of lightwimpy is a glorious beacon of lightwimpy is a glorious beacon of lightwimpy is a glorious beacon of lightwimpy is a glorious beacon of lightwimpy is a glorious beacon of lightwimpy is a glorious beacon of lightwimpy is a glorious beacon of lightwimpy is a glorious beacon of light

Phew
Old Feb 14th 2008, 4:52 am

Tan0410 has a reputation beyond reputeTan0410 has a reputation beyond reputeTan0410 has a reputation beyond reputeTan0410 has a reputation beyond reputeTan0410 has a reputation beyond reputeTan0410 has a reputation beyond reputeTan0410 has a reputation beyond reputeTan0410 has a reputation beyond reputeTan0410 has a reputation beyond reputeTan0410 has a reputation beyond reputeTan0410 has a reputation beyond repute

Sorry my fault!

Forgot to add the machine readable bit to a previous post and just wrote biometric.

Consider my hand slapped

Tan
Old Feb 14th 2008, 6:14 am

dreamfish is an unknown quantity at this point

in LA they take your fingerprints and scan your eyes too.
Old Feb 14th 2008, 9:08 am
Maz

Maz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dreamfish
in LA they take your fingerprints and scan your eyes too.
And they take a digital photo of you when you enter the US, too.
Old Feb 14th 2008, 12:51 pm
Bouncer For Mothercare

I hear they eat your children aswell
Old Feb 14th 2008, 12:55 pm

Tan0410 has a reputation beyond reputeTan0410 has a reputation beyond reputeTan0410 has a reputation beyond reputeTan0410 has a reputation beyond reputeTan0410 has a reputation beyond reputeTan0410 has a reputation beyond reputeTan0410 has a reputation beyond reputeTan0410 has a reputation beyond reputeTan0410 has a reputation beyond reputeTan0410 has a reputation beyond reputeTan0410 has a reputation beyond repute

I hear they eat your children aswell
After 24 hours flying...all of a sudden LAX may well have something going for it