Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Billy Connelly in NZ?

Billy Connelly in NZ?

Old Feb 27th 2007, 11:02 am
Forum Regular

trigod is just really nicetrigod is just really nicetrigod is just really nicetrigod is just really nicetrigod is just really nicetrigod is just really nicetrigod is just really nicetrigod is just really nicetrigod is just really nicetrigod is just really nicetrigod is just really nice
Default Billy Connelly in NZ?

Did anyone else find Billy funny as hell on his World Tour of NZ DVD?

Old Feb 27th 2007, 11:23 am
duckfoot

ceri75 has much to be proud ofceri75 has much to be proud ofceri75 has much to be proud ofceri75 has much to be proud ofceri75 has much to be proud ofceri75 has much to be proud ofceri75 has much to be proud ofceri75 has much to be proud ofceri75 has much to be proud ofceri75 has much to be proud ofceri75 has much to be proud of
Default Re: Billy Connelly in NZ?

Originally Posted by trigod
Did anyone else find Billy funny as hell on his World Tour of NZ DVD?

absolutely did !!!! in fact the scenes of him scooting around are hopefully going to help me decide where to live ! top bloke !
Old Feb 27th 2007, 11:27 am
Forum Regular

trigod is just really nicetrigod is just really nicetrigod is just really nicetrigod is just really nicetrigod is just really nicetrigod is just really nicetrigod is just really nicetrigod is just really nicetrigod is just really nicetrigod is just really nicetrigod is just really nice

Our favorite quote:

"Once you are 60 there are 3 pieces of advice; 1) Use the toilet whenever possible!, 2) Never trust a fart!, 3) If you get an erection, us it, even if you are alone!!" HAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAAHAHA

BRILLIANT

Shows some amazing things around the country!

Old Feb 27th 2007, 1:52 pm
Maz

Maz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond repute

Our favorite quote:

"Once you are 60 there are 3 pieces of advice; 1) Use the toilet whenever possible!, 2) Never trust a fart!, 3) If you get an erection, us it, even if you are alone!!" HAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAAHAHA

BRILLIANT

Shows some amazing things around the country!

He's brilliant isn't he? I love the part about growing old when he says he gives his kids bribe money to tell him when he starts doing old person stuff, like humming around the house... my MIL does that. Constantly.

I watched some of it just last night.
Old Feb 27th 2007, 1:58 pm
Forum Regular

Its part of our transition to the 'New land'.....not bad as homework goes!
Old Feb 27th 2007, 2:02 pm
Maz

Maz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond repute

Its part of our transition to the 'New land'.....not bad as homework goes!
Same here! I love just watching the landscape roll by...

My best friend here in the US (also a Brit) lent me a DVD of Billy Connolly in New York. It's the same tour ("Too Old to Die Young") and he talks briefly about NZ. I guess he spent 3 months there while he did that tour. He says how fond he is of NZ, and how gloomy Dunedin is.
Old Feb 27th 2007, 2:09 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Maz
Same here! I love just watching the landscape roll by...

My best friend here in the US (also a Brit) lent me a DVD of Billy Connolly in New York. It's the same tour ("Too Old to Die Young") and he talks briefly about NZ. I guess he spent 3 months there while he did that tour. He says how fond he is of NZ, and how gloomy Dunedin is.
I believe he said of Dunedin: Scots like it due to the sideways drizzle!!!

Ha ha, just thinking about the DVD makes me smile! I dont think its even him saying something funny, it the way he is so animated!!

Makes me want to hire a trike and ride the roads of NZ!

Last edited by trigod; Feb 27th 2007 at 2:11 pm.
Old Feb 27th 2007, 2:16 pm
Maz

I believe he said of Dunedin: Scots like it due to the sideways drizzle!!!

Ha ha, just thinking about the DVD makes me smile! I dont think its even him saying something funny, it the way he is so animated!!

Makes me want to hire a trike and ride the roads of NZ!
I want to know who does the song at the end of each episode. I can't find it anywhere on the credits or the DVD casing. I sing that to myself in the shower, day-dreaming away!

I just love how he's so un-PC. I have to remind myself that English-speaking countries outside of North America are still un-PC, which I love!
Old Feb 27th 2007, 2:22 pm
Forum Regular

Its billy singing, and I hear you my Amy sings along to it too!!!!
Old Feb 27th 2007, 2:32 pm
Maz

Its billy singing, and I hear you my Amy sings along to it too!!!!
That's Billy singing??? You're kidding! It doesn't sound a bit like him! We are talking about the same song, right? The one in Maori at the end of each episode?
Old Feb 27th 2007, 2:33 pm
Forum Regular

Yup, duby dooby dooby rotarua.....blah blah blah! Tis Billy!
Old Feb 27th 2007, 2:39 pm
Maz

Yup, duby dooby dooby rotarua.....blah blah blah! Tis Billy!
Does it say that somewhere on the credits? I've obviously been looking for the wrong thing! I want to find it on iTunes. I'll play it constantly in my car.
Old Feb 27th 2007, 2:43 pm
Forum Regular

No its not on the credits, not sure why not.
Old Feb 27th 2007, 2:44 pm
Maz

No its not on the credits, not sure why not.
I'm definitely going to go trawling on iTunes later on. You just recognised his singing voice then?
Old Feb 27th 2007, 2:58 pm
Forum Regular

Yup!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.