Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Bike Helmets sorry twice in one day(question's that is)

Bike Helmets sorry twice in one day(question's that is)

Old Jan 4th 2007, 9:57 pm
BE Enthusiast

mcuddy1 is a splendid one to beholdmcuddy1 is a splendid one to beholdmcuddy1 is a splendid one to beholdmcuddy1 is a splendid one to beholdmcuddy1 is a splendid one to beholdmcuddy1 is a splendid one to beholdmcuddy1 is a splendid one to beholdmcuddy1 is a splendid one to beholdmcuddy1 is a splendid one to beholdmcuddy1 is a splendid one to beholdmcuddy1 is a splendid one to behold
Default Bike Helmets sorry twice in one day(question's that is)

Hi
Just read bike helemts are req in NZ . Is this when I ride my road bike or moutain bike ?.Is it activley enforced by the Police.

Cheers
Worried as I hate them.
Old Jan 4th 2007, 10:21 pm
Account Closed

Apple12 is a glorious beacon of lightApple12 is a glorious beacon of lightApple12 is a glorious beacon of lightApple12 is a glorious beacon of lightApple12 is a glorious beacon of lightApple12 is a glorious beacon of lightApple12 is a glorious beacon of lightApple12 is a glorious beacon of lightApple12 is a glorious beacon of lightApple12 is a glorious beacon of lightApple12 is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Bike Helmets sorry twice in one day(question's that is)

Originally Posted by mcuddy1
Hi
Just read bike helemts are req in NZ . Is this when I ride my road bike or moutain bike ?.Is it activley enforced by the Police.

Cheers
Worried as I hate them.
Yes, helmets are compulsory, on the road and single track.
If you do any racing at all, helmets are compulsory.
The police will fine you if they see you.
If you don't wear a helmet while mtbing then you are a bleeding idiot. Period. And if you are a roadie doing 50-60 ks on the same road a traffic, without a helmet, then you are a bleeding idiot.

Helmets have been here by law since the early 1980s, most rational adults are well used to it. You will stick out like a sore thumb without a helmet, as the culture here is to wear one.

I think this is one of those things that you are going to have to just suck it up, and get over it.

Last edited by Apple12; Jan 4th 2007 at 10:28 pm.
Old Jan 5th 2007, 1:20 am
sky
Banned

sky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond repute

Yes it's compulsory
Old Jan 5th 2007, 1:46 am
Just Joined

Harlow is just really niceHarlow is just really niceHarlow is just really niceHarlow is just really niceHarlow is just really niceHarlow is just really niceHarlow is just really niceHarlow is just really niceHarlow is just really nice

Interesting article in the paper here last month regarding the helmet law, it seems that a sizeable number of people have stated that they don't ride, or don't ride as often because they can't be bothered to put a helmet on, so some researchers are concluding that the benifits of the helmet law in regards to injury have to be weighed against the resulting reduction of exercise statistically amongst the population as a whole.
Old Jan 5th 2007, 1:55 am
Account Closed

Apple12 is a glorious beacon of lightApple12 is a glorious beacon of lightApple12 is a glorious beacon of lightApple12 is a glorious beacon of lightApple12 is a glorious beacon of lightApple12 is a glorious beacon of lightApple12 is a glorious beacon of lightApple12 is a glorious beacon of lightApple12 is a glorious beacon of lightApple12 is a glorious beacon of lightApple12 is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by sky
Yes it's compulsory
errrghhh I have just reread my rather lecturing post.
Can you tell I have newly awash in pregnancy hormones?
Old Jan 5th 2007, 4:00 am
sky
Banned

sky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Apple12
errrghhh I have just reread my rather lecturing post.
Can you tell I have newly awash in pregnancy hormones?
Congratulations
Old Jan 5th 2007, 11:49 am
Forum Regular

Burt Badger has much to be proud ofBurt Badger has much to be proud ofBurt Badger has much to be proud ofBurt Badger has much to be proud ofBurt Badger has much to be proud ofBurt Badger has much to be proud ofBurt Badger has much to be proud ofBurt Badger has much to be proud ofBurt Badger has much to be proud ofBurt Badger has much to be proud ofBurt Badger has much to be proud of

Yep...its enforced by the Police, who will issue you a ticket!

On the otherhand you can buy a beaten up old Subaru. Remove the exhaust silencer, install all manner of lights and horns on it, lower the suspension until you can hardly steer the thing and then wheel spin up and down the road all night...........then the Police will just drive straight past LOL

Burt
Old Jan 5th 2007, 11:59 am
Jedi Princess

kiwi_child has a reputation beyond reputekiwi_child has a reputation beyond reputekiwi_child has a reputation beyond reputekiwi_child has a reputation beyond reputekiwi_child has a reputation beyond reputekiwi_child has a reputation beyond reputekiwi_child has a reputation beyond reputekiwi_child has a reputation beyond reputekiwi_child has a reputation beyond reputekiwi_child has a reputation beyond reputekiwi_child has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Burt Badger
Yep...its enforced by the Police, who will issue you a ticket!

On the otherhand you can buy a beaten up old Subaru. Remove the exhaust silencer, install all manner of lights and horns on it, lower the suspension until you can hardly steer the thing and then wheel spin up and down the road all night...........then the Police will just drive straight past LOL

Burt
Are not Warrant Of Fitness tests still enforced in NZ? They have none in OZ but in NZ this has always been a method of ensuring vehicles are roadworthy.
Old Jan 5th 2007, 12:46 pm
Forum Regular

Burt Badger has much to be proud ofBurt Badger has much to be proud ofBurt Badger has much to be proud ofBurt Badger has much to be proud ofBurt Badger has much to be proud ofBurt Badger has much to be proud ofBurt Badger has much to be proud ofBurt Badger has much to be proud ofBurt Badger has much to be proud ofBurt Badger has much to be proud ofBurt Badger has much to be proud of

Well my cars were always WoFed, but is was always a very rare sight to see the Police pull over a boy racer (hoon), though they seemed to stop families, women and old couples quite a lot. I supose that they are less likely to have any trouble from these types?

Burt
Old Jan 5th 2007, 1:17 pm
Jedi Princess

kiwi_child has a reputation beyond reputekiwi_child has a reputation beyond reputekiwi_child has a reputation beyond reputekiwi_child has a reputation beyond reputekiwi_child has a reputation beyond reputekiwi_child has a reputation beyond reputekiwi_child has a reputation beyond reputekiwi_child has a reputation beyond reputekiwi_child has a reputation beyond reputekiwi_child has a reputation beyond reputekiwi_child has a reputation beyond repute

Well my cars were always WoFed, but is was always a very rare sight to see the Police pull over a boy racer (hoon), though they seemed to stop families, women and old couples quite a lot. I supose that they are less likely to have any trouble from these types?

Burt
Mate you seem more unhappy with NZ than I do with OZ. Really you should consider moving if it shits you off that much
Old Jan 5th 2007, 1:21 pm
Forum Regular

Derrrrrr......I have???

Burt
Old Jan 5th 2007, 1:24 pm
Jedi Princess

Derrrrrr......I have???

Burt
Well if you have moved from NZ, why continue to post here?
Old Jan 5th 2007, 1:25 pm
Jedi Princess

Originally Posted by kiwi_child
Well if you have moved from NZ, why continue to post here?
Oh yes, I have moved from NZ too, but am returning and have never run my homeland down, so bit of a difference I think.
Old Jan 5th 2007, 1:25 pm
Forum Regular

You live in Oz...so why post on the NZ board?

Burt
Old Jan 5th 2007, 1:27 pm
Forum Regular

So what are you? "The posting Police"

Burt

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.