Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

A Big Thankyou....can't wait to get there!

A Big Thankyou....can't wait to get there!

Old Apr 24th 2007, 11:20 am
If u see Sid, tell 'im...

Location: Ex of Hucknall and Mansfield, Notts and now in Manly, Whangaparaoa, just North of Auckland!
sirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond repute
Smile A Big Thankyou....can't wait to get there!

Just thought I'd express my thanks to a lot of you.

Today I spoke to Ray (aka Cherry) via Skype. Ray has happily answered a few PM's I have sent him and got me to sign up to Skype for the chat.

Like most of you, the odd niggling doubt was there but nothing serious, so a chat was needed. I now have an invitation to Christmas dinner...sorry.. BBQ! and even the offer of Ray helping me find work if I need him to. Ray has explained life in New Zealand, warts and all and it still hasn't put me off! I'm now more determined than ever and just wish NZIS would pull their finger out

The help on this site has been fantastic, from the very beginning and I can't wait to meet a few of the names face to face, I will try and attend one of the p*ss ups, wherever they may be!

Thanks to this site and the members here in it, not only have I discovered a long lost mate of some 20 years past (Jack) but I will be able to arrive in New Zealand to new friends and with enough info to, hopefully, hit the ground running.

Once again, thankyou all and thanks Ray, I'll bring the bottles!
Old Apr 24th 2007, 11:40 am
duckfoot

ceri75 has much to be proud ofceri75 has much to be proud ofceri75 has much to be proud ofceri75 has much to be proud ofceri75 has much to be proud ofceri75 has much to be proud ofceri75 has much to be proud ofceri75 has much to be proud ofceri75 has much to be proud ofceri75 has much to be proud ofceri75 has much to be proud of
Default Re: A Big Thankyou....can't wait to get there!

great post. happy to hear everythings going right for you
Old Apr 24th 2007, 12:07 pm
mrs want2gonow

just sam will become famous soon enoughjust sam will become famous soon enough

hi sirplug, reading your thread really gives me hope, your on that rollarcoaster ride and i think your still smiling. i too hope that one day in new zealand i can put faces to the names and have a jolly good p*** up. keep up with the happy threads. sam
Old Apr 24th 2007, 12:09 pm

Location: Ex of Hucknall and Mansfield, Notts and now in Manly, Whangaparaoa, just North of Auckland!
sirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by just sam
hi sirplug, reading your thread really gives me hope, your on that rollarcoaster ride and i think your still smiling. i too hope that one day in new zealand i can put faces to the names and have a jolly good p*** up. keep up with the happy threads. sam
Thanks, you've got to stay smiling, after all it's your own decision, not one you're being forced into and there'e a whole new way of living, out there!!
Old Apr 24th 2007, 12:23 pm
mrs want2gonow

sorry if you have been asked this before, what area are you concentrating on moving to? we have kids too and like the sound of wellington and surrounding areas.
Old Apr 24th 2007, 12:32 pm

sorry if you have been asked this before, what area are you concentrating on moving to? we have kids too and like the sound of wellington and surrounding areas.
Well, we're not sure, it's down to where the work is, but Ray (Cherry) has been selling the joys of Wellington to me and I do like the sound of it. If it's not here then I would like to go to Northland or Bay of Plenty
Old Apr 24th 2007, 4:52 pm
mrs want2gonow

if we had the money we would go over and check out welly for ourselves. i know its for tourists and stuff but i keep checking out the touristy websites just to see whats happening, events and stuff.(see what im missing)
Old Apr 24th 2007, 9:17 pm
Banned

Jack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sirplug
Thanks to this site and the members here in it, not only have I discovered a long lost mate of some 20 years past (Jack) but I will be able to arrive in New Zealand to new friends and with enough info to, hopefully, hit the ground running.
Aint he nice?

Bugger thats it 5001 now. Bugger, bugger, bugger
Old Apr 24th 2007, 9:59 pm
Account Closed

cherry will become famous soon enoughcherry will become famous soon enough

Nice to talk to you last night Paul,will have the barby fired up ready.Just a note of interest for the kids,there is an indoor rock climb here and lots of pony riding places.(took a peek at your pics).
Old Apr 25th 2007, 12:43 am
NZ ways is best ways :0)

Wiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond repute

That's great news Sirplug! Good luck to you in the forthcoming fun and games
Old Apr 25th 2007, 8:06 am
Account Closed

cherry will become famous soon enoughcherry will become famous soon enough

if we had the money we would go over and check out welly for ourselves. i know its for tourists and stuff but i keep checking out the touristy websites just to see whats happening, events and stuff.(see what im missing)

Its not just for tourists its for everyone who lives here ,we enjoy visiting the city when we get time off work and its an adventure finding your way round with no maps just memory .There are some really fab view points and a really great shoreline ,a museum to rival any worldwide and free(Te Papa),a brill manmade beach(oriental bay) and casual coffee /snack/restaraunts all over .If you want a really good place for a meal that will fill you so full you will have to go on a Diet that night go to the GREEN PARROT at Taranaki street .I am lucky in the sense that my job takes me to a lot of different areas and I usually have a local with me to tell me all the great places to go and also all the shortcuts .memory maps work well here .Seriously its too hard to get lost in Welly .We love it here and Welly is only 30 mins from our home ,live away from the city but so close to visit without the hustle and bustle
Old Apr 25th 2007, 8:07 pm
mrs want2gonow

Originally Posted by cherry
Its not just for tourists its for everyone who lives here ,we enjoy visiting the city when we get time off work and its an adventure finding your way round with no maps just memory .There are some really fab view points and a really great shoreline ,a museum to rival any worldwide and free(Te Papa),a brill manmade beach(oriental bay) and casual coffee /snack/restaraunts all over .If you want a really good place for a meal that will fill you so full you will have to go on a Diet that night go to the GREEN PARROT at Taranaki street .I am lucky in the sense that my job takes me to a lot of different areas and I usually have a local with me to tell me all the great places to go and also all the shortcuts .memory maps work well here .Seriously its too hard to get lost in Welly .We love it here and Welly is only 30 mins from our home ,live away from the city but so close to visit without the hustle and bustle
cheers cherry, that all sounds like good family fun to me, cant wait to come over and see it for myself.i am beginning to like the sound of wellington more and more, sam.
Old Apr 26th 2007, 12:34 pm
BE Enthusiast

cottageinthesky is a name known to allcottageinthesky is a name known to allcottageinthesky is a name known to allcottageinthesky is a name known to allcottageinthesky is a name known to allcottageinthesky is a name known to allcottageinthesky is a name known to allcottageinthesky is a name known to allcottageinthesky is a name known to allcottageinthesky is a name known to allcottageinthesky is a name known to all

I was about to jump in when I read Cherry's post - Wellington is not just "for tourists and stuff" - in 10 years, I have yet to find anywhere else in NZ where I would rather live!
Old Apr 26th 2007, 12:37 pm

Originally Posted by cottageinthesky
I was about to jump in when I read Cherry's post - Wellington is not just "for tourists and stuff" - in 10 years, I have yet to find anywhere else in NZ where I would rather live!
It is starting to look like the first stop on our list, Cherry has been trying to sell Wellington to me from day 1!

There appears to be more members on this forum, in and around Wellington, than anywhere else.
Old Apr 26th 2007, 12:40 pm

Avid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by cottageinthesky

Wasn't 'just sam' saying that tourist websites are for tourists, not Wellington itself?

But that's ok...everybody on this site claims that the exact spot that they live in is the best place in the country

I used a few internet sites and a Lonely Planet guidebook to choose Wellington, 'just sam', and I think it was a pretty good choice. You could do a lot worse!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.