the big move

Old Jul 5th 2006, 1:35 pm
Forum Regular

donscbr6 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default the big move

afternoon all, (uk time, that is)

After 8 and a half years in the UK I'm returning to my home land- albeit a foreign country to me now. I'm in the process of selling my house and plan to ship my landy/motorbike and a few household items over to NZ in a container. Has anyone got any do's/don'ts/recommendations of companies/ for shipping my stuff?

Any advice would be much appreciated.

Cheers,

Don.
Old Jul 5th 2006, 2:41 pm
By name and by nature

Batty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: the big move

Originally Posted by donscbr6
afternoon all, (uk time, that is)

After 8 and a half years in the UK I'm returning to my home land- albeit a foreign country to me now. I'm in the process of selling my house and plan to ship my landy/motorbike and a few household items over to NZ in a container. Has anyone got any do's/don'ts/recommendations of companies/ for shipping my stuff?

Any advice would be much appreciated.

Cheers,

Don.
Hey Don - can't help with the shipping I'm afraid as ours left from Ireland, but my hubby was away for nearly 13 years so if you want to pick his brains for anything just ask. I think knowing it's a 'foreign country' to you is probably more than half the battle. Good luck.
Old Jul 5th 2006, 8:48 pm
Freak of nature

asiatic has much to be proud ofasiatic has much to be proud ofasiatic has much to be proud ofasiatic has much to be proud ofasiatic has much to be proud ofasiatic has much to be proud ofasiatic has much to be proud ofasiatic has much to be proud ofasiatic has much to be proud ofasiatic has much to be proud ofasiatic has much to be proud of

We had a 20' container organised through Crown Worldwide. We had quotes from other companies too, like AlliedPickfords and Abels etc.
Crown Relocations appeared professional and reliable, as they would handle our belongings a at both ends eg: pick and delivery.
In the NZDomPost recently it was reported that Crown Relocations have been hired by The Reserve Bank to distribute 300 tonnes of newly minted coins.
Old Jul 6th 2006, 5:07 am
Forum Regular

Alex is just really niceAlex is just really niceAlex is just really niceAlex is just really niceAlex is just really niceAlex is just really niceAlex is just really niceAlex is just really niceAlex is just really niceAlex is just really niceAlex is just really nice

Originally Posted by asiatic
We had a 20' container organised through Crown Worldwide. We had quotes from other companies too, like AlliedPickfords and Abels etc.
Crown Relocations appeared professional and reliable, as they would handle our belongings a at both ends eg: pick and delivery.
In the NZDomPost recently it was reported that Crown Relocations have been hired by The Reserve Bank to distribute 300 tonnes of newly minted coins.
We moved here 2 months ago with Crown, and were not impressed when they subcotracted out to another company once in New Zealand. They did not provide the full service that OH's company had paid for.
They have apologised, and we did get a basket of fine foods, and were told that it would not happen again.....however I recently spoke to a friend of mine in the South Island that had the same experience.
I am sure others have used Crown and had good experiences, however I just thought I would share what happened to us.
Old Jul 6th 2006, 10:35 pm
Forum Regular

KiwiDollie is a name known to allKiwiDollie is a name known to allKiwiDollie is a name known to allKiwiDollie is a name known to allKiwiDollie is a name known to allKiwiDollie is a name known to allKiwiDollie is a name known to allKiwiDollie is a name known to allKiwiDollie is a name known to allKiwiDollie is a name known to allKiwiDollie is a name known to all

We used John Masons and would thoroughly recommend them. It cost us £3456 for a 20ft container absolutely packed to the rafters. The fellas who packed for us were brilliant and we only had one glass broken when we unpacked at the other end.

Totally professional job this side as well with the Moving Company. Can't praise them highly enough.

We did get quotes from Britannia, Crown and Whites but they were all either the same price(ish) or more expensive and none of them made us feel as confident as the guy from Masons - have heard of others well pleased with them too.

Best of luck
Old Jul 7th 2006, 2:07 am
BE Forum Addict

SarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond repute

We used Hadley & Ottaway from Norwich... excellent company!!

They also used The Moving Company when the container got here in Auckland and no complaints there either.

Pickfords quote was way over the top and the guy from there was pushy. I heard such bad reports about them I didnt want to use them anyway. John Masons really werent interested in coming out to give us a quote so I gave up on them.
Old Jul 7th 2006, 2:28 am
Susie..

Andrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond repute

We used PSS, who were very good and thorough. Then NZ Vanlines delivered and unpacked all our stuff at the other end. They were very good and I can highly recomend them...
Old Jul 8th 2006, 3:20 am
Forum Regular

brackley has much to be proud ofbrackley has much to be proud ofbrackley has much to be proud ofbrackley has much to be proud ofbrackley has much to be proud ofbrackley has much to be proud ofbrackley has much to be proud ofbrackley has much to be proud ofbrackley has much to be proud ofbrackley has much to be proud ofbrackley has much to be proud of

we re going to use pss, looked into other companies but they seemed the most professional and helpful.