Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

A big hello to everyone

A big hello to everyone

Old Jun 28th 2008, 10:31 am
Forum Regular

Soppydot4 has much to be proud ofSoppydot4 has much to be proud ofSoppydot4 has much to be proud ofSoppydot4 has much to be proud ofSoppydot4 has much to be proud ofSoppydot4 has much to be proud ofSoppydot4 has much to be proud ofSoppydot4 has much to be proud ofSoppydot4 has much to be proud ofSoppydot4 has much to be proud ofSoppydot4 has much to be proud of
Smile A big hello to everyone

Hi

I'm new to this site and just thought I'd say hello to everyone and let you all know a bit about myself and my situation. My name is Nic, my husband is Anthony and we have two children aged 8 and 3. We have been offered work to residence under the skilled migrant category, my husband is an electrician and we have been told it is difficult for electricians in that unless you have your provisional licence to work in NZ you will only be offered WTR. Anyway we have sold the house, or at least everything seems to be moving along in that direction and we are aiming to be in Auckland, New Zealand at the end of August.

Thanks to anyone who reads this.

Nic:D
Old Jun 29th 2008, 1:14 am
BE Enthusiast

The_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: A big hello to everyone

SoppyDot4, if you hubby is a sparkie he shall have to complete the required A Class exams for the full license its illegal in Australia & N/Z to work without the A class license, regardless of experience or qualifications.

He should be awarded the ARTC or N/Z same thats a foot in the door for migration thats all, then as i say he must do all exams again.

regards

Last edited by The_Pom_From_Aus; Jun 29th 2008 at 1:15 am. Reason: typo
Old Jun 29th 2008, 7:40 am
Forum Regular

Soppydot4 has much to be proud ofSoppydot4 has much to be proud ofSoppydot4 has much to be proud ofSoppydot4 has much to be proud ofSoppydot4 has much to be proud ofSoppydot4 has much to be proud ofSoppydot4 has much to be proud ofSoppydot4 has much to be proud ofSoppydot4 has much to be proud ofSoppydot4 has much to be proud ofSoppydot4 has much to be proud of

Hi The_Pom_From_Aus
I think its slightly different in NZ that Aus, my husband can work with a provisional licence. He has a letter from the Electricial Workers Registration Board in NZ stating once he completes a safety course (which he is doing with someone from NZ this Friday) and finds an employer willing to supervise, he can work. Within the provisional licence period which is 12 months he has to do two courses and to earn registration and full practising licence.
Nic
Old Jun 29th 2008, 11:01 am
Forum Regular

lindsay loo is just really nicelindsay loo is just really nicelindsay loo is just really nicelindsay loo is just really nicelindsay loo is just really nicelindsay loo is just really nicelindsay loo is just really nicelindsay loo is just really nicelindsay loo is just really nicelindsay loo is just really nice

Hi Nic

Well done on selling your house, etc. My name is Lindsay, husband Dennis is a builder, we have 3 children 19, 17 and 14 and we are coming out also to Auckland next September. We are putting house on the market in September, so fingers crossed! Good luck to you all, let us know how it goes.
Old Jun 29th 2008, 12:03 pm
Forum Regular

Hi Lindsay

How far down the line are you? We have applied for PR and it has been deferred to work to residence because my husband doesn't actually have his provisional licence. Once my husband has secured a job, received his provisional licence and worked for his employer for 3 months we can ask Immigration to reassess our PR application and if they are satisfied it meets the skilled employment criteria we will have our application for PR approved. Not much to do then!!!

Nic
Old Jun 29th 2008, 12:57 pm
Forum Regular

lindsay loo is just really nicelindsay loo is just really nicelindsay loo is just really nicelindsay loo is just really nicelindsay loo is just really nicelindsay loo is just really nicelindsay loo is just really nicelindsay loo is just really nicelindsay loo is just really nicelindsay loo is just really nice

Originally Posted by Soppydot4
Hi Lindsay

How far down the line are you? We have applied for PR and it has been deferred to work to residence because my husband doesn't actually have his provisional licence. Once my husband has secured a job, received his provisional licence and worked for his employer for 3 months we can ask Immigration to reassess our PR application and if they are satisfied it meets the skilled employment criteria we will have our application for PR approved. Not much to do then!!!

Nic
Hi Nic, we went for a visit last Xmas and loved it. We were both offered jobs when we were there but it was too early for us to go as far as schooling etc. Dennis has got a loose job offer and is going to contact the company again after Xmas. Because he is in the shortage skills list, once he has a firm job offer we will submit our Expression of Interest for permanent residency and we have been told it will take about 3 - 4 months from there. Once you have visas and stuff sorted, you have 12 months to get there. So at the moment we are just waiting and getting the house ready to sell. If it sells ok we will rent until it is time to go. We can go any time after 2 kids finish school/college in July, but ideally about September time.
Old Jun 29th 2008, 7:59 pm
Forum Regular

Hi

Good luck with everything.

Nic
Old Jun 30th 2008, 12:43 am
lionheart

howden40 is a name known to allhowden40 is a name known to allhowden40 is a name known to allhowden40 is a name known to allhowden40 is a name known to allhowden40 is a name known to allhowden40 is a name known to allhowden40 is a name known to allhowden40 is a name known to allhowden40 is a name known to allhowden40 is a name known to all

A Big hello to you

Signed in yesterday but didn't get to complete. Anyway welcome

Pauline