Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Big Dogs To Christchurch

Big Dogs To Christchurch

Old Aug 25th 2008, 11:15 am
Just Joined

Mattyk is a jewel in the roughMattyk is a jewel in the roughMattyk is a jewel in the roughMattyk is a jewel in the roughMattyk is a jewel in the rough
Default Big Dogs To Christchurch

Hi,

I'm trying to get my German Shepherd to Christchurch and we are having issues with our carrier as her crate news to be over 32" in height and therfore she cannot go via Air New Zealand and has to go with Quantas via Aus. This will cost us 4K, does this sound right to anyone who has done this.

We are looking at using Golden Arrow and have come highly recommended but does anyone else have any suggestions or is what we have been told correct.

We will be coming to NZ next month. Please help!

Cheers

Matt
Old Aug 25th 2008, 11:46 am
Stoke City fanatic

nelsonpom has a reputation beyond reputenelsonpom has a reputation beyond reputenelsonpom has a reputation beyond reputenelsonpom has a reputation beyond reputenelsonpom has a reputation beyond reputenelsonpom has a reputation beyond reputenelsonpom has a reputation beyond reputenelsonpom has a reputation beyond reputenelsonpom has a reputation beyond reputenelsonpom has a reputation beyond reputenelsonpom has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Big Dogs To Christchurch

Originally Posted by Mattyk
Hi,

I'm trying to get my German Shepherd to Christchurch and we are having issues with our carrier as her crate news to be over 32" in height and therfore she cannot go via Air New Zealand and has to go with Quantas via Aus. This will cost us 4K, does this sound right to anyone who has done this.

We are looking at using Golden Arrow and have come highly recommended but does anyone else have any suggestions or is what we have been told correct.

Cheers

Matt
Hi I flew my cats with a company called jets for pets may be worth a google. I would def advise shopping around 4k seems excessive !
Old Aug 25th 2008, 12:05 pm
BE Forum Addict

chippy64 has a reputation beyond reputechippy64 has a reputation beyond reputechippy64 has a reputation beyond reputechippy64 has a reputation beyond reputechippy64 has a reputation beyond reputechippy64 has a reputation beyond reputechippy64 has a reputation beyond reputechippy64 has a reputation beyond reputechippy64 has a reputation beyond reputechippy64 has a reputation beyond reputechippy64 has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Matt,

Have you tried Singapore Airlines, as they fly direct from Singapore to Christchurch?
Old Aug 25th 2008, 7:25 pm
BE Forum Addict

garryhg is a glorious beacon of lightgarryhg is a glorious beacon of lightgarryhg is a glorious beacon of lightgarryhg is a glorious beacon of lightgarryhg is a glorious beacon of lightgarryhg is a glorious beacon of lightgarryhg is a glorious beacon of lightgarryhg is a glorious beacon of lightgarryhg is a glorious beacon of lightgarryhg is a glorious beacon of lightgarryhg is a glorious beacon of light

Hi we brought our medium/large dog 1 year ago,and it cost us about 3 thousand(pounds)....that was with Air NZ...does seem a bit expensive,but don't know if its the size issue that pushes the price up,but flights for humans have gone up,so it must impact on animals too...hope this helps...Jacky
Old Aug 25th 2008, 8:43 pm
Forum Regular

Soppydot4 has much to be proud ofSoppydot4 has much to be proud ofSoppydot4 has much to be proud ofSoppydot4 has much to be proud ofSoppydot4 has much to be proud ofSoppydot4 has much to be proud ofSoppydot4 has much to be proud ofSoppydot4 has much to be proud ofSoppydot4 has much to be proud ofSoppydot4 has much to be proud ofSoppydot4 has much to be proud of

Hi

We're shipping our springer spaniel out tomorrow with a company called Air Supply Shipping Agents who use Air New Zealand and in total including all the vets fees for the testing it should come in just under £2,500. I chose these because they had come recommended by two separate people. Up to now they've been really good. Not sure if they use any other airlines though. I think £4,000 sounds a bit OTT.
Old Aug 25th 2008, 8:48 pm

Am Loolah is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Matt,

We used this company

http://www.airpets.com/

for our 2 dobermans. They were fantastic and I highly recommend them.

Not cheap - via Singapore for the 2 of them was about 6,000 GBP So your 4K seems about right to me.

Shop around and definitely call airpets - from start to finish they were absolutely faultless.

Good luck.
Old Aug 26th 2008, 9:42 am
Just Joined

Mattyk is a jewel in the roughMattyk is a jewel in the roughMattyk is a jewel in the roughMattyk is a jewel in the roughMattyk is a jewel in the rough

Thanks everyone, I've also tried Airpets and they want 3.5K for the cat and dog but they do not include for most of the test which will cost between £400-600 so it may look like they are all around the same price. Should of got a Yorkshire Terrier!!!!

Oh well cannot live without them.

And thanks again.

Old Aug 30th 2008, 12:39 pm
Just Joined

Booked with Golden Arrow who have been ace and it's finally cost 3.9K which does seem about right and they cover everything. We even have their flight No. now. Whoooooooo.

Old Sep 1st 2008, 2:26 pm
Forum Regular

Heavenlyscent is a glorious beacon of lightHeavenlyscent is a glorious beacon of lightHeavenlyscent is a glorious beacon of lightHeavenlyscent is a glorious beacon of lightHeavenlyscent is a glorious beacon of lightHeavenlyscent is a glorious beacon of lightHeavenlyscent is a glorious beacon of lightHeavenlyscent is a glorious beacon of lightHeavenlyscent is a glorious beacon of lightHeavenlyscent is a glorious beacon of lightHeavenlyscent is a glorious beacon of light
Smile Re: Big Dogs To Christchurch

Originally Posted by Mattyk
Hi,

Cheers

Matt

Hi
I have had a quote of, 5,500 pounds to fly out a st bernard, a newfoundland and a cat in november 08 by animalcouriers.co.uk. They flew out my 2 labradors and cat in 2005 and did a fantastic job.
Hi
I have had a quote of, 5,500 pounds to fly out a st bernard, a newfoundland and a cat in november 08 by animalcouriers.co.uk. They flew out my 2 labradors and cat in 2005 and did a fantastic job.