Big Day Out

Old Jan 18th 2012, 1:40 am

love30stm is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Big Day Out

Well does not surpise me, they cant attract good bands here, no match for festivals in other countrties i.e UK, America, and Australia in my opinion, i do miss going to gigs and good festivals

maybe Laneway wil get bigger heres hoping

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/entertainm...ectid=10779337
Old Jan 18th 2012, 3:10 am
BE Forum Addict

Justcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Big Day Out

BDO will still be running, they are just dropping the NZ day as it to expensive to come here and the Auck day never sells out
so doesn't even cover costs. BDO organisers have just announced a link with Lollapalooza and should be getting some great bands
in the future but thats of no consequence to us in dull little music less NZ.

You could always get into reggae, throw on your beanie with dredds attached and shimmy off to Raggamuffin
Old Jan 18th 2012, 3:11 am
HAPPY AS...

hazeandsteve has a reputation beyond reputehazeandsteve has a reputation beyond reputehazeandsteve has a reputation beyond reputehazeandsteve has a reputation beyond reputehazeandsteve has a reputation beyond reputehazeandsteve has a reputation beyond reputehazeandsteve has a reputation beyond reputehazeandsteve has a reputation beyond reputehazeandsteve has a reputation beyond reputehazeandsteve has a reputation beyond reputehazeandsteve has a reputation beyond repute

Kanye West pulled out of the Aussie shows too.
It's not a lack of bands, it's a lack of fans. The line up is pretty much set by the Australia shows, so it's a bit harsh to blame NZ for the line up.
You going, or gonna be one of the crowd who don't buy tickets and moan that bands don't come.......because people don't buy tickets.
Have fun if you do go though
Old Jan 18th 2012, 3:19 am

Originally Posted by hazeandsteve
Kanye West pulled out of the Aussie shows too.
It's not a lack of bands, it's a lack of fans. The line up is pretty much set by the Australia shows, so it's a bit harsh to blame NZ for the line up.
You going, or gonna be one of the crowd who don't buy tickets and moan that bands don't come.......because people don't buy tickets.
Have fun if you do go though
Lack of fans yes!!!!! If Muse, The Strokes, Arctic Monkeys, Evanecence, 30 seconds to mars and lots more I can think of came then I would go!!!! All been to Australia numerous times btw!!! Maybe people might buy tickets????

Plus people cashed there tickets in when Kanye announced that he would not be coming to New Zealand!

Last edited by love30stm; Jan 18th 2012 at 3:23 am.
Old Jan 18th 2012, 3:22 am

Originally Posted by Justcol
BDO will still be running, they are just dropping the NZ day as it to expensive to come here and the Auck day never sells out
so doesn't even cover costs. BDO organisers have just announced a link with Lollapalooza and should be getting some great bands
in the future but thats of no consequence to us in dull little music less NZ.

You could always get into reggae, throw on your beanie with dredds attached and shimmy off to Raggamuffin

Yep better bands, better gigs in other countries, really getting sick of this big village even more.

Raggamuffin? Nah pass thanks
Old Jan 18th 2012, 4:26 am
grumpy bugger

theghostofdustybin has a reputation beyond reputetheghostofdustybin has a reputation beyond reputetheghostofdustybin has a reputation beyond reputetheghostofdustybin has a reputation beyond reputetheghostofdustybin has a reputation beyond reputetheghostofdustybin has a reputation beyond reputetheghostofdustybin has a reputation beyond reputetheghostofdustybin has a reputation beyond reputetheghostofdustybin has a reputation beyond reputetheghostofdustybin has a reputation beyond reputetheghostofdustybin has a reputation beyond repute

No great loss, poor sound and rubbish layout was enough to put me off going anymore. When will organisers realise that treating people like kids means people act like them...

Last edited by theghostofdustybin; Jan 18th 2012 at 4:29 am.
Old Jan 18th 2012, 4:48 am

Originally Posted by theghostofdustybin
No great loss, poor sound and rubbish layout was enough to put me off going anymore. When will organisers realise that treating people like kids means people act like them...
What you on about?? You deaf or something? I never noticed any bad sound or people acting like idiots or a crap layout when I went in 2010.
Old Jan 18th 2012, 5:28 am
BE Forum Addict

Justcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond repute

I've always liked the layout, different genre's of music on the main stages during the day.
smaller or up and coming bands on the top field (converse) stages, boiler room for the ravers
small stages on most of the walk through areas...whats not to like???

Its a music festival that has to cater for all tastes in one day, I think they put on a good show.

Favourite moments, Andrew W.K on the converse stage last year, Pendulum and the prodigy in 2009,
LCD sound system last year...friggin awesome

Last edited by Justcol; Jan 18th 2012 at 5:33 am.
Old Jan 18th 2012, 8:30 am

Originally Posted by Justcol
I've always liked the layout, different genre's of music on the main stages during the day.
smaller or up and coming bands on the top field (converse) stages, boiler room for the ravers
small stages on most of the walk through areas...whats not to like???

Its a music festival that has to cater for all tastes in one day, I think they put on a good show.

Favourite moments, Andrew W.K on the converse stage last year, Pendulum and the prodigy in 2009,
LCD sound system last year...friggin awesome

Agree! I went to the 2010 festival My highlight was Kasabian and Muse were awesome!!!! Was not interested in the festival since then
Old Jan 19th 2012, 8:55 am
BE Forum Addict

sr71 has a reputation beyond reputesr71 has a reputation beyond reputesr71 has a reputation beyond reputesr71 has a reputation beyond reputesr71 has a reputation beyond reputesr71 has a reputation beyond reputesr71 has a reputation beyond reputesr71 has a reputation beyond reputesr71 has a reputation beyond reputesr71 has a reputation beyond reputesr71 has a reputation beyond repute

There will definitely be a bit of a void there, I'm sure someone will find something to fill it. The BDO, I thought, was getting bit tired and the lineup pretty crap this year.

Compared to this anyway :

http://www.soundwavefestival.com/lineup

Maybe the organisers of that (who do not get on with the organisers of the BDO) might consider including NZ next year.
Old Jan 19th 2012, 6:25 pm
grumpy bugger

theghostofdustybin has a reputation beyond reputetheghostofdustybin has a reputation beyond reputetheghostofdustybin has a reputation beyond reputetheghostofdustybin has a reputation beyond reputetheghostofdustybin has a reputation beyond reputetheghostofdustybin has a reputation beyond reputetheghostofdustybin has a reputation beyond reputetheghostofdustybin has a reputation beyond reputetheghostofdustybin has a reputation beyond reputetheghostofdustybin has a reputation beyond reputetheghostofdustybin has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by love30stm
What you on about?? You deaf or something? I never noticed any bad sound or people acting like idiots or a crap layout when I went in 2010.
Sound echos around the main field, especially if you are anywhere near the stands. Moving from one area to another was always a pain in the arse due to the narrow walkways behind the stands.

Beer police stopping me sitting happily in the main field and telling me I need to stay in the 'caged off' area.

Waiting in a queue for hours to get a wristband only to be told that i still need ID to get a drink.

Still had a great day, just decided that it wasn't worth making the trip again.

It probably my fault for comparing it to the old UK BDO and my yearly pilgramage to everything from sidmouth folk festival to Leeds / Reading or Glastonbury, it all just seemed a bit, well half arsed. I still dont understand in a country that has so much space, why anyone thought putting it in a footie ground was a good idea.

Only my opinion though. I'm off to the Rippon festival in Wanaka this year instead, which may be rubbish, but at least the view will be nice!
Old Jan 23rd 2012, 11:04 pm
Forum Regular

DennisBergkamp has much to be proud ofDennisBergkamp has much to be proud ofDennisBergkamp has much to be proud ofDennisBergkamp has much to be proud ofDennisBergkamp has much to be proud ofDennisBergkamp has much to be proud ofDennisBergkamp has much to be proud ofDennisBergkamp has much to be proud ofDennisBergkamp has much to be proud ofDennisBergkamp has much to be proud ofDennisBergkamp has much to be proud of

hey i went this year and Kasabian and Noel Gallagher were immense!

Was a great day out
Old Jan 24th 2012, 1:09 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by DennisBergkamp

Was a great day out
Was the last day out !!
Old Jan 24th 2012, 8:18 pm

Originally Posted by DennisBergkamp

Was a great day out

they were the only ones that were worth going for and i saw Kasabian at the BDO in 2010 love them
Old Jan 25th 2012, 11:57 pm
BE Forum Addict

Plan for 2012, go to see as many bands as possible.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.