Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Beware of recruitment agencies, namely.....

Beware of recruitment agencies, namely.....

Old Mar 18th 2008, 8:13 pm
BE Enthusiast

kleinluka is a splendid one to beholdkleinluka is a splendid one to beholdkleinluka is a splendid one to beholdkleinluka is a splendid one to beholdkleinluka is a splendid one to beholdkleinluka is a splendid one to beholdkleinluka is a splendid one to beholdkleinluka is a splendid one to beholdkleinluka is a splendid one to beholdkleinluka is a splendid one to beholdkleinluka is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Beware of recruitment agencies, namely.....

Originally Posted by BEVS here
Off topic I know but you just must start a new thread about this. where, how, $. Any pics at all please?

On topic. This is all so disappointing and sad. I have been hoping for a misunderstanding of some sort.

I also hope you have your day with the people that ran this agency.
Well I ran a WHOIS search on this domain and here's the result, it lists an address... Don't know how much help this is for you but hopefully it's useful.

bestjobsuk.co.uk = [ 72.55.147.82 ]

Domain name:
bestjobsuk.co.uk
Registrant:
DGnet Ltd
Registrant type:
UK Limited Company (Company number: SC189977)
Registrant's address:
28 Elm Row
Edinburgh
Midlothian
EH7 4RR
GB
Registrar:
Namesco Limited t/a Namesco Ltd [Tag = NAMESCO]
URL: http://www.names.co.uk
Relevant dates:
Registered on: 25-Aug-2004
Renewal date: 25-Aug-2008
Last updated: 21-Feb-2007
Registration status:
Registered until renewal date.
Name servers:
jvds.dgnet.ltd.uk
jvds.dgnetltd.com
tektonic.dgnetltd.com
WHOIS lookup made at 20: 10: 53 18-Mar-2008
--
This WHOIS information is provided for free by Nominet UK the central registry
for .uk domain names. This information and the .uk WHOIS are:
Copyright Nominet UK 1996 - 2008.
You may not access the .uk WHOIS or use any data from it except as permitted
by the terms of use available in full at http://www.nominet.org.uk/whois which
includes restrictions on: (A) use of the data for advertising or its
repackaging recompilation redistribution or reuse (B) obscuring removing
or hiding any or all of this notice and (C) exceeding query rate or volume
limits. The data is provided on an 'as-is' basis and may lag behind the
register. Access may be withdrawn or restricted at any time.
Old Mar 18th 2008, 9:14 pm
BE Enthusiast

jill1420 has much to be proud ofjill1420 has much to be proud ofjill1420 has much to be proud ofjill1420 has much to be proud ofjill1420 has much to be proud ofjill1420 has much to be proud ofjill1420 has much to be proud ofjill1420 has much to be proud ofjill1420 has much to be proud ofjill1420 has much to be proud ofjill1420 has much to be proud of

Cheers for your interest. The company is/was Chrysalisrecruitment NZ. Many thanks for your trouble.
Old Mar 19th 2008, 4:54 am
NZ ways is best ways :0)

Wiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond repute

As a recruitment consultant in NZ myself, reading this entire thread really brings it home about how vulnerable people can be to lies and deception when moving overseas.

I will be printing it off and distributing it to my team as a reminder that the work we do is not to be taken lightly, and that people from overseas are to be given as much respect and honesty as people we meet face to face. Who knows - one day we may well meet them face to face (as it seems this mob may!)

I am sorry to hear that people have been ripped off, and can only reiterate that NO ONE should pay for a recruitment service alone. (Work and visa services involve a lot more fees and paperwork so I can see where a fee is involved there). In a western country they simply shouldn't have to, as they will be adequately catered for by firms that are already supplying to their industry in the area they plan to work.

I personally have dealt with several enquiries from people on BE. Some we have been able to help, others we have not been successful with. They know who they are, and whilst the services the company I work for are not always squeaky clean perfect in communication, we ARE honest.

One thing about agencies is that regardless of what we say, ultimately we all have our 'specialty areas' whether in trucking, hospitality, manufacturing, electronics, etc and these are based on the networks of industry contacts that individual consultants have. The best thing for any potential jobseeker is not to stick with one agency, but to get out there and try as many as you can find contact details for - in addition to continuing your own search.

Also, you will multiply your chances by a factor of 1000 if you come out to NZ in person. A case study: I registered a welder yesterday - let's call him 'Dave'. He is over from the UK for 1 week, arrived yesterday and leaves next weds. He is rightly trying to sort his own interviews, and had one yesterday. Just this morning we have arranged an additional 4 interviews with a variety of companies over the next 2 working days. I am positive that he will return to the UK with a job offer, hopefully more than one. The moral - get out here in person and it will happen for you too if you really want it to - with or without the use of an agency.

But whatever you do, be wary of any agency that even hints at a charge, a fee, or a commission - either up-front, or as a deduction from future wages. There should be no contract with an agency unless you are a contractor yourself (eg in aerospace or similar) and if there is, ready the fine print and take legal advice if you are unsure of anything.

Anyway, enough of my blather - good luck to all you job seekers out there, and I hope those stung by these folks are even more successful than they would otherwise have been.

Also - karma on here is all well and good, but out there in real life it has a funny way of biting you on the ass. I am sure that at some point these people will get theirs, and I only hope those who got done over by them get to hear about it.

Wiz
Old Mar 19th 2008, 10:58 pm
BE Enthusiast

jill1420 has much to be proud ofjill1420 has much to be proud ofjill1420 has much to be proud ofjill1420 has much to be proud ofjill1420 has much to be proud ofjill1420 has much to be proud ofjill1420 has much to be proud ofjill1420 has much to be proud ofjill1420 has much to be proud ofjill1420 has much to be proud ofjill1420 has much to be proud of

Cheers for that Wiz,

Very sound advice. If only I had PM'd you a year ago (like someone on here suggested).................I wouldnt be in this mess:curse:
Honesty is always the best policy...........................personally I wouldnt be able to sleep at night if it was me that was the lying scumbag.

I gave her a chance........................a right of reply.........................to my email................................but no explanation.........................no begging for forgiveness from her........................and no refund for me and Marika.

Anyway, trading standards, certain police forces (internet fraud intelligence)in england, watchdog and Whagarei police will be getting a full report regarding it......................tee hee ....................maybe they wont sleep much after knowing that

Best wishes in your job............

p.s........................thanks to everyone for your messages of support and karma.........................much appreciated!!

Last edited by jill1420; Mar 19th 2008 at 11:04 pm.
Old Mar 19th 2008, 11:08 pm

Nerine is an unknown quantity at this point

Jill I'm sure a lot of people are also going to be keeping their eyes open for this couple incase they re-surface in the future. The British emigrant community in NZ is quite interconnected.

Have a Happy Easter xx.