Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Beware of recruitment agencies, namely.....

Beware of recruitment agencies, namely.....

Old Mar 14th 2008, 12:43 pm
you dewty owld maan!

lardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Beware of recruitment agencies, namely.....

For old versions of web pages then you can try:
http://www.archive.org/web/web.php
works for some sites, not for others......
I'll add to the other's comments - sorry to hear about you getting stung, good luck in getting here. LL

'appen, when I wer't lad.....

http://web.archive.org/web/200107172...4/new_zealand/ earliest mention of NZ>>>>>>>

Last edited by lardyl; Mar 14th 2008 at 12:46 pm.
Old Mar 14th 2008, 9:11 pm
By name and by nature

Batty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond repute

I'm really sorry to hear that you've had such bad luck. What a crappy thing to happen. Those people knew exactly what immigrants have to go through as they must have done it themselves - how absolutely lower-than-low to then do this :curse:

Funny (not really) but I sent a pm to this person a few months back as we had been toying with the idea of moving to Whangarei. They never replied - probably because they wouldn't have been able to scam me as I was already here
Old Mar 14th 2008, 9:17 pm
BE Enthusiast

jill1420 has much to be proud ofjill1420 has much to be proud ofjill1420 has much to be proud ofjill1420 has much to be proud ofjill1420 has much to be proud ofjill1420 has much to be proud ofjill1420 has much to be proud ofjill1420 has much to be proud ofjill1420 has much to be proud ofjill1420 has much to be proud ofjill1420 has much to be proud of

Did anyone actually meet them??????????????????????? That is the question!
Old Mar 14th 2008, 10:26 pm
By name and by nature

Batty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jill1420
Did anyone actually meet them??????????????????????? That is the question!
And a good question it is too Who knows - with the internet anybody could be anybody
Old Mar 14th 2008, 10:40 pm
Forum Regular

banshigirl has much to be proud ofbanshigirl has much to be proud ofbanshigirl has much to be proud ofbanshigirl has much to be proud ofbanshigirl has much to be proud ofbanshigirl has much to be proud ofbanshigirl has much to be proud ofbanshigirl has much to be proud ofbanshigirl has much to be proud ofbanshigirl has much to be proud ofbanshigirl has much to be proud of

I find this unbeleivable.

From what I can grasp this is nasty.
Old Mar 14th 2008, 10:48 pm
BE Enthusiast

jill1420 has much to be proud ofjill1420 has much to be proud ofjill1420 has much to be proud ofjill1420 has much to be proud ofjill1420 has much to be proud ofjill1420 has much to be proud ofjill1420 has much to be proud ofjill1420 has much to be proud ofjill1420 has much to be proud ofjill1420 has much to be proud ofjill1420 has much to be proud of

Spot on!
Old Mar 14th 2008, 10:53 pm
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

I'm definitely me, a plumbers wife living in Mapua and a big scary monster I am too.
I have never met Batty, but I believe she is definitely her.

Seriously. C'mon folks. Someone must have met Phil01 or wife either up in Whangerei, Auckland, Welly , somewhere. Who is up that way ? It would be good if our truckers could at least have a 'conversation' with the couple about this issue. I live in the hope that this is a misunderstanding of some sort.
Old Mar 14th 2008, 10:59 pm
BE Enthusiast

Yeah me too BEV,...........................Im just boring me, who witnessed a friend die last year and still trying to help one who is very ill..................................easy target............................very vunerable I suppose........................................or just a trusting person..................................doh!

But Ive emailed Debs/Phil for explanation on their hotmail..................it never bounced back like Chrysalis so THEY got it...............and nothing....................WAS THE LOUD REPLY!

Im interested to hear what the more senior (than me) members think.

Feel sorry for Emily...........................................if there ever was/is an Em.....................even with my experience finding it hard to understand this.............................................. ..but end of day............................................... ..............MONEY................talks

Jill

Last edited by jill1420; Mar 14th 2008 at 11:24 pm.
Old Mar 14th 2008, 11:41 pm

Nerine is an unknown quantity at this point

There did seem to be a few other people on the forum that were quite pally with him & her and I think that there was some off forum contact going on. (They know who they are and it's not for me to name them)

Reading back through 'his' posts though a fair few did seem to be made by the female half of the couple and they're quite easy to spot (some of them were overtly aggressive towards myself at times which is why I eventually put 'him' on ignore) seemed to be very touchy about Australia.

They've covered their tracks very well through right from the start haven't they: seemlingly no trace of either of them on the net, nothing given away by any of their earlier posts, lots of contradictions too.

What is interesting is that the guy used his first post on here to 'promote' the recruitment company which was supposed to have helped him out. That suggests a fair amount of premeditation to me, the woman using the 'K.H'. alias suggests that they were deliberately being deceptive. Hence the reason why I think that this isn't the first time this sort of stunt has been pulled, I'm sure that it won't be the last.

We've seen it before on the web though haven't we - people dreaming up little business ventures and then setting up mutliple user accounts one to promote the thing and then pretending to be people who have been satisfied with the service or product . Comes to something when you have to start doubting people's motives when they are making recommendations about something makes you wonder how trustworthy they are in the other aspects of their lives.

Fortunately not too many people here have been taken in by this couple, may be different on other forums? I think one ot two other posters on here are still in denial and won't admit that their judgement on this was poor.

I feel desperately sorry for those who were conned, not just for the fact that they lost money but because they were so comprehensively duped on a personal level and their trust was abused.

Last edited by Nerine; Mar 15th 2008 at 12:22 am.
Old Mar 15th 2008, 12:03 am
A land far far away

pixi-dust has a reputation beyond reputepixi-dust has a reputation beyond reputepixi-dust has a reputation beyond reputepixi-dust has a reputation beyond reputepixi-dust has a reputation beyond reputepixi-dust has a reputation beyond reputepixi-dust has a reputation beyond reputepixi-dust has a reputation beyond reputepixi-dust has a reputation beyond reputepixi-dust has a reputation beyond reputepixi-dust has a reputation beyond repute

Jill, I was so sorry to hear about all this.
I suppose one nice thing really is that you have a lot of support from people here, I know it doesn't get your money back, but people do care.

I'm up north but a lot further than the people concerned and don't know them at all.

big hugs xx
Old Mar 15th 2008, 12:18 am
BE Enthusiast

Thanks Pixie dust,

Right now money not an issue.........................got more on my mind........................lets just say Im enjoying the hunt.............................................a t the end of day its my expertise........................and Im enjoying it.....................got time on my hands just now...........................having said that.......................theyve got a bigger hunter than me on their tail...............................ooh dear.........................bad boys ....................bad boys .................... what yah gonna do when they come for you??????????????????????????????????????????????? ????????????????????????????????????????????????

Debs/Phil...........................shits hit the fan.......................methinks................ ...................... hope you were good .............................but is anyone really that good?????????????????????????????????????/

Last edited by jill1420; Mar 15th 2008 at 12:21 am.
Old Mar 15th 2008, 12:26 am

Nerine is an unknown quantity at this point

Like your spirit Jill1420 - don't get mad get even!
Old Mar 15th 2008, 12:31 am
BE Enthusiast

:t humbsup:
Old Mar 15th 2008, 12:51 am
A land far far away

pixi-dust has a reputation beyond reputepixi-dust has a reputation beyond reputepixi-dust has a reputation beyond reputepixi-dust has a reputation beyond reputepixi-dust has a reputation beyond reputepixi-dust has a reputation beyond reputepixi-dust has a reputation beyond reputepixi-dust has a reputation beyond reputepixi-dust has a reputation beyond reputepixi-dust has a reputation beyond reputepixi-dust has a reputation beyond repute

Go get 'em, girl! That's the spirit.
Old Mar 15th 2008, 12:53 am
BE Enthusiast

I will...........................thats why Im stayin in Uk to do my Law degree................................to catch gits like them

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.