Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Beware of recruitment agencies, namely.....

Beware of recruitment agencies, namely.....

Old Mar 11th 2008, 10:50 pm
BE Forum Addict

Bellasmum has a reputation beyond reputeBellasmum has a reputation beyond reputeBellasmum has a reputation beyond reputeBellasmum has a reputation beyond reputeBellasmum has a reputation beyond reputeBellasmum has a reputation beyond reputeBellasmum has a reputation beyond reputeBellasmum has a reputation beyond reputeBellasmum has a reputation beyond reputeBellasmum has a reputation beyond reputeBellasmum has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Beware of recruitment agencies, namely.....

If you have no luck with those phone numbers you could try searching in NZ Companies Register

http://www.companies.govt.nz/cms/banner_template/CNAME
Old Mar 12th 2008, 12:32 am
`

BEVS has disabled reputation
Default TRUCKERS

As Kips states.

There was a site called NZ4U for migrating truckers. This site has been suspended and is no more.

This was linked to a trucking recruitment agency which claimed that , in some cases, the truckers they found jobs for would be eligible for WTR. I did challenge them re. this with no response.

In order to be eligible for WTR a trucker would need to earn $50K over a 40 hour week. The only companies that might offer this rate of pay would be acredited employers . However, with trucking , this would be a very unlikely salary.

This particular agency dipped into the acredited employers list. A list which is freely available to everyone via the NZIS website.

I have some contact details somewhere .

Jill. I have sent a PM re the <snips> and will PM the contact details I have to you.
Old Mar 12th 2008, 12:39 am
Here in Dunedin

southerner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bellasmum
If you have no luck with those phone numbers you could try searching in NZ Companies Register

http://www.companies.govt.nz/cms/banner_template/CNAME
I checked it earlier, there is no company assoicated with the details given.

Is anybody in Ruakaka or Whangarei who can ask around about this person?
Old Mar 12th 2008, 4:40 am
Forum Regular

waynepfry is a splendid one to beholdwaynepfry is a splendid one to beholdwaynepfry is a splendid one to beholdwaynepfry is a splendid one to beholdwaynepfry is a splendid one to beholdwaynepfry is a splendid one to beholdwaynepfry is a splendid one to beholdwaynepfry is a splendid one to beholdwaynepfry is a splendid one to beholdwaynepfry is a splendid one to beholdwaynepfry is a splendid one to behold
Exclamation Re: Beware of recruitment agencies, namely.....

I know it's not much help now but I would never pay any money to a recruitment agency. I work for a large multi-national agency and I've loads of friends across NZ, Oz and the UK who do - and not one agency I've ever heard of charges any fees to jobseekers. In fact if I did I would get sacked and probably face criminal charges. Any ethical agency would not charge.

There are some kinds of agencies in NZ that do charge for finsing work but they charge a percentage of your monthly salary over the first 12 months. I'd never pay any money upfront as, even if they're good and try to find you work, there's no guarantee they'll be able to. also it is v difficult to find jobseekers work as a NZ-based agent unless they are present in NZ.
Old Mar 12th 2008, 5:06 am
Cornish Lass

Marika 38 is a splendid one to beholdMarika 38 is a splendid one to beholdMarika 38 is a splendid one to beholdMarika 38 is a splendid one to beholdMarika 38 is a splendid one to beholdMarika 38 is a splendid one to beholdMarika 38 is a splendid one to beholdMarika 38 is a splendid one to beholdMarika 38 is a splendid one to beholdMarika 38 is a splendid one to beholdMarika 38 is a splendid one to behold

Hi Jill,

I was oping it may be different for you, but sadly its not it seems. What a complete shower of s--t they are arn't they.
OH spoke to a very large well known company in Whangarei, a couple of weeks ago, asked them about "said company" and they said they had heard they have done a runner back to u.k. That ties up with all sorts of other things so i think it could be right.
I wonder if Phil01 and debbie can shed any light on it, I wonder if they will come back to site ? Somehow i think not.
OH has also just contacted another lady we had mobile number for in NZ who works for C---------. About 4 weeks ago, she at that time said she worked for C---------, he has just spoken to her she is now claiming she dosn't work for them anymore and after OH telling her he was going to contact police over all of this, she then told us that it was A prominent member of expats was infact going by another name, fooling people, complete and utter frauds, at least its confirmed to us what we have suspected for some time.
PM me to find out who this member is, someone to be wary of.
Speak soon Jill.
Old Mar 12th 2008, 12:02 pm
BE Enthusiast

jill1420 has much to be proud ofjill1420 has much to be proud ofjill1420 has much to be proud ofjill1420 has much to be proud ofjill1420 has much to be proud ofjill1420 has much to be proud ofjill1420 has much to be proud ofjill1420 has much to be proud ofjill1420 has much to be proud ofjill1420 has much to be proud ofjill1420 has much to be proud of

Hi Marika,

Ive sent you a very interesting email. Phone me.

Jill
Old Mar 12th 2008, 10:16 pm
Forum Regular

suzi n steve is just really nicesuzi n steve is just really nicesuzi n steve is just really nicesuzi n steve is just really nicesuzi n steve is just really nicesuzi n steve is just really nicesuzi n steve is just really nicesuzi n steve is just really nicesuzi n steve is just really nicesuzi n steve is just really nice

Funnily enough we had an email from NZ4U the other week saying they were going to be in the UK conduciting interviews shortly and would we like to be included?

Why can't we name and shame these guys on here. It would save people alot of hassle and stress.
Old Mar 12th 2008, 11:24 pm
Here in Dunedin

southerner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond repute

libel laws
Old Mar 12th 2008, 11:42 pm
BE Enthusiast

jill1420 has much to be proud ofjill1420 has much to be proud ofjill1420 has much to be proud ofjill1420 has much to be proud ofjill1420 has much to be proud ofjill1420 has much to be proud ofjill1420 has much to be proud ofjill1420 has much to be proud ofjill1420 has much to be proud ofjill1420 has much to be proud ofjill1420 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by southerner
libel laws

and...........................your point? Only libellous if untrue. And there is a heap of evidence to say they are fraudsters. I have been approached by an outside agency re. them so they have obviously upset alot of people, and I am not happy about the hassle this is causing me.

Thankfully they were crap fraudsters and Ive been a fool ....................... but hey theyve left a trail of evidence apparently and upset many people

Feeling quite sore......................I thought she was a friend.......................looks like your never to old to get a big reality check!

But Im not going to name and shame......................no need!
Old Mar 12th 2008, 11:50 pm
Here in Dunedin

Originally Posted by jill1420

and...........................your point?
I just pointed out why the website's owners are careful with naming persons in these allegations. Nothing at all against your integrity at all, its just any media would be wary of how they handle this sort of issue.
Old Mar 12th 2008, 11:54 pm
Here in Dunedin

Originally Posted by jill1420
... and I am not happy about the hassle this is causing me.
And I'll add my regret to those who have already posted.

It would be great if the crooks can be brought to justice, even better if you and any others get their money back, and (this one is perhaps the most likely) that people who read this will know the pitfalls to avoid.
Old Mar 12th 2008, 11:58 pm
BE Enthusiast

Southerner,

This has been a helpful lesson to reiterate to my kids that you have no clue as to who you are really talking to on forums.
Old Mar 13th 2008, 12:08 am

Nerine is an unknown quantity at this point

I'd like to see a sticky thread, or some other on-going information about the pitfalls of paying employment agencies to find jobs in NZ, so that no one else from Brit Expats ever gets ripped off like this again.

Jill, don't know if you'll ever get your money back but karma has a way with catching up with people like them

P.S. I think Karma already has.

Last edited by Nerine; Mar 13th 2008 at 1:21 am.
Old Mar 13th 2008, 1:35 am

Nerine is an unknown quantity at this point

Didn't Phil01 live just south of Whanagarei? One Tree point, isn't that also in Ruakaka?

Last edited by Nerine; Mar 13th 2008 at 1:44 am.
Old Mar 13th 2008, 1:38 am
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by Nerine
I'd like to see a sticky thread, or some other on-going information about the pitfalls of paying employment agencies to find jobs in NZ, so that no one else from Brit Expats ever gets ripped off like this again.
HHmm. Perhaps a general article about where to look for work and jobs in the NZ BE Wiki would be appropriate. It could include a warning about the pitfalls of paying an agency to find work & some pointers to quality recruitment agencies that work on commission from the NZ employer.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.