Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Beware of recruitment agencies, namely.....

Beware of recruitment agencies, namely.....

Old Mar 11th 2008, 12:39 pm
BE Enthusiast

jill1420 has much to be proud ofjill1420 has much to be proud ofjill1420 has much to be proud ofjill1420 has much to be proud ofjill1420 has much to be proud ofjill1420 has much to be proud ofjill1420 has much to be proud ofjill1420 has much to be proud ofjill1420 has much to be proud ofjill1420 has much to be proud ofjill1420 has much to be proud of
Default Beware of recruitment agencies, namely.....

<snip> an agency in <snip> Whangarei? Does anyone know anything about them. I paid £1,500 in August after a couple of recommendations from people on this site and nothing! Even weirder the emails are bouncing back with failure notices and I cant get into their website. Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm plot thickens. Methinks Ive been duped.

Last edited by BEVS; Mar 12th 2008 at 12:13 am. Reason: Please PM the OP for details
Old Mar 11th 2008, 1:00 pm
Forum Regular

madmidwife has much to be proud ofmadmidwife has much to be proud ofmadmidwife has much to be proud ofmadmidwife has much to be proud ofmadmidwife has much to be proud ofmadmidwife has much to be proud ofmadmidwife has much to be proud ofmadmidwife has much to be proud ofmadmidwife has much to be proud ofmadmidwife has much to be proud ofmadmidwife has much to be proud of
Default Re: Beware of recruitment agencies, namely.....

I hope someone can shed some light for you.
Old Mar 11th 2008, 1:14 pm

Nerine is an unknown quantity at this point

ouch, that's quite a bit of money to be loosing who recommended them to you?

Most recruitment agencies make their money from the employer - they charge them a % of your wage/salary. I wouldn't recommend anyone use a company which charges the job seeker - it's something that is illegal in the UK, should be the same in NZ IMO.

Get in contact with the Commerce Commission and see if there's anything that can be done.

Did you pay by credit card, perhaps you can get your money back through them?
Old Mar 11th 2008, 1:32 pm
Forum Regular

markraynes has a brilliant futuremarkraynes has a brilliant futuremarkraynes has a brilliant futuremarkraynes has a brilliant futuremarkraynes has a brilliant futuremarkraynes has a brilliant futuremarkraynes has a brilliant futuremarkraynes has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by madmidwife
I hope someone can shed some light for you.
i was searching there website not a week ago and it was fine. its in my bookmarks and i tried to get it up now but nothing.
i`ll see if i can look in my history and see if i can get some contact details
Old Mar 11th 2008, 1:37 pm
Forum Regular

markraynes has a brilliant futuremarkraynes has a brilliant futuremarkraynes has a brilliant futuremarkraynes has a brilliant futuremarkraynes has a brilliant futuremarkraynes has a brilliant futuremarkraynes has a brilliant futuremarkraynes has a brilliant future

ive looked and cant find nothing at all on them now. i searched google and found them, now i cant

im sure there is something you can do. if u used credit card then all purchases are insured
Old Mar 11th 2008, 1:47 pm
Forum Regular

to-go-or-not-to-go is just really niceto-go-or-not-to-go is just really niceto-go-or-not-to-go is just really niceto-go-or-not-to-go is just really niceto-go-or-not-to-go is just really niceto-go-or-not-to-go is just really niceto-go-or-not-to-go is just really niceto-go-or-not-to-go is just really niceto-go-or-not-to-go is just really niceto-go-or-not-to-go is just really niceto-go-or-not-to-go is just really nice

Hi
Can't shed any light on that agency - sorry. But what field are you looking for work in? We have found a brilliant medical agency if that is of any use. Only went with them a 10 days ago and they are in contact daily, and really have their ears to the ground. Sorry about your situation. Sent you some cheer up karma. If you want more info pm me.
Old Mar 11th 2008, 1:53 pm
BE Enthusiast

jill1420 has much to be proud ofjill1420 has much to be proud ofjill1420 has much to be proud ofjill1420 has much to be proud ofjill1420 has much to be proud ofjill1420 has much to be proud ofjill1420 has much to be proud ofjill1420 has much to be proud ofjill1420 has much to be proud ofjill1420 has much to be proud ofjill1420 has much to be proud of

Thanks for your replies, I transferred money via bank to bank..............bankers draft? or similar. Never even thought about reimbursement...........will check it out though. Cheers for any further updates. Our plans are on hold for time being due to personal circumstances and this is just another blow we didnt need.
Old Mar 11th 2008, 3:11 pm
BE Forum Addict

Nice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Bugger, bugger, bugger.

Hmmmmmm...........just a bit of a blow!

Done a Google all I got was this thread on this shallow web site.

The cynic in me says you have probably lost your money...................

The lesson here, as always, is do not use a consultancy service, be logical, sequential and methodical when doing the application process and you will be fine.

Good luck and sending you some give me back my money karma.

NG
Old Mar 11th 2008, 5:05 pm
BE Enthusiast

gina and danny is a glorious beacon of lightgina and danny is a glorious beacon of lightgina and danny is a glorious beacon of lightgina and danny is a glorious beacon of lightgina and danny is a glorious beacon of lightgina and danny is a glorious beacon of lightgina and danny is a glorious beacon of lightgina and danny is a glorious beacon of lightgina and danny is a glorious beacon of lightgina and danny is a glorious beacon of lightgina and danny is a glorious beacon of light

ithink there should be a big warning about these guys as they are still advertising on a job webite i copied and pasted it below, i also found link to there website but as you say its not working, you could try the contact details below though. sorry i couldnt find anything else

http://www.bestjobsuk.co.uk/bt-empd-chrysalis.htm

<snipped here>

Company description:

People are our business. We are a recruitment agency sourcing UK Professionals for New Zealand Employers. We provide a comprehensive sourcing and settlement service for our UK customers.

Last edited by BEVS; Mar 12th 2008 at 12:15 am. Reason: Please contact OP if you require further details.
Old Mar 11th 2008, 5:07 pm
BE Enthusiast

gina and danny is a glorious beacon of lightgina and danny is a glorious beacon of lightgina and danny is a glorious beacon of lightgina and danny is a glorious beacon of lightgina and danny is a glorious beacon of lightgina and danny is a glorious beacon of lightgina and danny is a glorious beacon of lightgina and danny is a glorious beacon of lightgina and danny is a glorious beacon of lightgina and danny is a glorious beacon of lightgina and danny is a glorious beacon of light

so found these tel numbers

PO BOX 177 Ruakaka Whangarei New Zealand Telephone: (09) 432 - 7890 Mobile: (021) 159 - 0134 Fax: (09) 432 - 7895

good luck i really feel sorry for you. heres hoping its just a glitch or that you get your money back at least.
Old Mar 11th 2008, 5:13 pm
BE Enthusiast

aso when i searched it came up with an old expat page that says marika 38 used them so maybe she could help
Old Mar 11th 2008, 8:13 pm
BE Enthusiast

Kippers is a glorious beacon of lightKippers is a glorious beacon of lightKippers is a glorious beacon of lightKippers is a glorious beacon of lightKippers is a glorious beacon of lightKippers is a glorious beacon of lightKippers is a glorious beacon of lightKippers is a glorious beacon of lightKippers is a glorious beacon of lightKippers is a glorious beacon of lightKippers is a glorious beacon of light

Is this company associated with NZ4U for migrating truckers?
They are defunct now too, but I have a different address in Auckland if it is.

Kip
Old Mar 11th 2008, 10:17 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by gina and danny
aso when i searched it came up with an old expat page that says marika 38 used them so maybe she could help
Marika and I are in touch. They were no use to Marika either. Marika and OH went out to NZ after them encouraging her to make move and that job possibilities would increase when she got out. Needless to say they werent helpful and her OH got job on his own with no refund as they had offered him job (all be it not what they wanted.................but at end of day thats the deal if you read small print.................any job!) We never got offered any.
Old Mar 11th 2008, 10:26 pm
BE Enthusiast

Default Re: Bugger, bugger, bugger.

Originally Posted by Nice Guy
Hmmmmmm...........just a bit of a blow!

Done a Google all I got was this thread on this shallow web site.

The cynic in me says you have probably lost your money...................

The lesson here, as always, is do not use a consultancy service, be logical, sequential and methodical when doing the application process and you will be fine.

Good luck and sending you some give me back my money karma.

NG
Sorry nice guy....................I didnt mean it to sound blase. We would love/need to get money back but compared to things happening around us right now....................this isnt end of the world (hope you understand what Im saying). Thanks for kind comments from everyone. Curious to know how it feels working for a company that takes money from innocent people with dreams knowing that they are NEVER going to help them.............................................. on their conscious be it!
Old Mar 11th 2008, 10:38 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Nerine
ouch, that's quite a bit of money to be loosing who recommended them to you?

Most recruitment agencies make their money from the employer - they charge them a % of your wage/salary. I wouldn't recommend anyone use a company which charges the job seeker - it's something that is illegal in the UK, should be the same in NZ IMO.

Get in contact with the Commerce Commission and see if there's anything that can be done.

Did you pay by credit card, perhaps you can get your money back through them?
Thanks Nerine Ive forwarded my situation to the Commerce Commission.

It was Phil01 that recommended Chrysalis to us. Debs and Phil were quite happy with them so things obviously went downhill after they dealt with them.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.