Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Bev's should think herself lucky

Bev's should think herself lucky

Old Aug 10th 2010, 10:44 am
BE Enthusiast

jennifer45 has a reputation beyond reputejennifer45 has a reputation beyond reputejennifer45 has a reputation beyond reputejennifer45 has a reputation beyond reputejennifer45 has a reputation beyond reputejennifer45 has a reputation beyond reputejennifer45 has a reputation beyond reputejennifer45 has a reputation beyond reputejennifer45 has a reputation beyond reputejennifer45 has a reputation beyond reputejennifer45 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Bev's should think herself lucky

A proposed council tax-evaluation policy will mean reassessment of current house values which will mean they will charge us more if we live in a nice area.

That ought to mean discounts for those of us who live in rough areas.

There is a huge house in our street. The extended family is run by a grumpy old woman with a pack of irritable dogs allowed to run without leads. Her car isn't taxed or insured and doesn't even have a number plate, but the police still do nothing. To the best of my knowledge, she has never worked.

Her bad-tempered old man is notorious for racist comments. A shopkeeper blamed him for arranging the murder of his son and his son's girl-friend, but nothing has been proved.

PS.
I am not making light of Bevs' predicament with thos inconsiderate Barstewards at the Tapps Pub in Mapua, but someone sent me this and I saw a tenuous connection.
Forgive me?

All their kids have broken marriages except the youngest, who everyone thought was gay.

Two grandsons are meant to be in the Army but are always out partying in nightclubs. It is not known if they have the same father. They are out of control.

I hate living near Windsor Castle .

PS Not making light of Bevs predicament with her inconsiderate neighbours from hell in Mapua, just that when I received this I thought of Bevs.

Last edited by jennifer45; Aug 10th 2010 at 11:03 am. Reason: Needed a PS
Old Aug 10th 2010, 2:00 pm
`

BEVS has disabled reputation
Default Re: Bev's should think herself lucky

S'okay. No worries. It made me smile a little.