Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Best way to send money to UK.

Best way to send money to UK.

Old Apr 2nd 2014, 10:28 pm
Just Joined

Christmas2014 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Best way to send money to UK.

Can anyone give me any advice on the best/cheapest way to send earned money to the UK.
We have an account with BNZ here and Halifax at home.
I'm sure we will get charged at both ends by both banks, is there a better way than just transferring from one to the other?
I've heard it's cheaper the larger the amount?
Any ideas on cost.
Thanks.
Old Apr 7th 2014, 12:10 am
Forum Regular

Helen256 is a name known to allHelen256 is a name known to allHelen256 is a name known to allHelen256 is a name known to allHelen256 is a name known to allHelen256 is a name known to allHelen256 is a name known to allHelen256 is a name known to allHelen256 is a name known to allHelen256 is a name known to allHelen256 is a name known to all
Default Re: Best way to send money to UK.

Our banks (westpac and Llyods) charge us $15 per transaction in NZ and £10 in the UK, no matter how much money you send across.
Old Apr 7th 2014, 2:43 am
Forum Regular

nzneville is on a distinguished road

Check out HiFX.co.nz There are currency brokers around who are usually able to offer better rates than the banks.

I have used HiFX and they quoted much better rates, and no fees, for a transfer recently. In my case, I transferred the New Zealand dollar funds from my bank (ANZ) to HiFX by Internet, and they appeard again two days later in my Barclays account in UK in sterling at exactly the amount quoted with no bank fees at either end.
Old Apr 7th 2014, 6:20 am
Just Joined

Christmas2014 is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks, will look into these options this week.
Old Apr 8th 2014, 7:40 pm
BE Enthusiast

julesnye is a splendid one to beholdjulesnye is a splendid one to beholdjulesnye is a splendid one to beholdjulesnye is a splendid one to beholdjulesnye is a splendid one to beholdjulesnye is a splendid one to beholdjulesnye is a splendid one to beholdjulesnye is a splendid one to beholdjulesnye is a splendid one to beholdjulesnye is a splendid one to beholdjulesnye is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by nzneville
Check out HiFX.co.nz There are currency brokers around who are usually able to offer better rates than the banks.

I have used HiFX and they quoted much better rates, and no fees, for a transfer recently. In my case, I transferred the New Zealand dollar funds from my bank (ANZ) to HiFX by Internet, and they appeard again two days later in my Barclays account in UK in sterling at exactly the amount quoted with no bank fees at either end.
I recommend Hifx as well, as you get a better rate than any bank can give you and you're in control when to transfer and at what rate.
Old Apr 8th 2014, 9:04 pm
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

I've used NZ forex in the past.

Very easy to navigate .
Old Apr 12th 2014, 7:19 am
BE Enthusiast

M_and_M has a reputation beyond reputeM_and_M has a reputation beyond reputeM_and_M has a reputation beyond reputeM_and_M has a reputation beyond reputeM_and_M has a reputation beyond reputeM_and_M has a reputation beyond reputeM_and_M has a reputation beyond reputeM_and_M has a reputation beyond reputeM_and_M has a reputation beyond reputeM_and_M has a reputation beyond reputeM_and_M has a reputation beyond repute

HiFX.

Always use them. I have an account here and one in England. I send cash both ways, and never have any problems.