Best Way to Exit

Old May 3rd 2005, 3:56 pm
Forum Regular

NeilB is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Best Way to Exit

Hi,

Following from my earlier post, we are going to “go it alone” and save the agency fees.

So, what is the best way forward as I really want to exit the UK at a rate of knots (sold the house, paid the bills and all that so don’t want to extend the rental if necessary)?

Can I get to Christchurch via a work permit (if so how do I go about it) or do I need a residency visa first?

Sorry for the lack of knowledge on my part but juggling the day job, surfing suitable posts and forums is a prime recipe for getting confused.

Cheers,

Neil
Old May 4th 2005, 2:57 am
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Best Way to Exit

Originally Posted by NeilB
H
Can I get to Christchurch via a work permit (if so how do I go about it) or do I need a residency visa first?
It's best to get a residency visa first. You normally need a sponsoring employer if you want to go the work permit route (and even then you need to be focused on getting permanent residence unless you want to have to go home some day).

NZIS are found at http://www.immigration.govt.nz

Jeremy
Old May 4th 2005, 7:47 am
Forum Regular

Thanks for that, I had a feeling it would be the best way.

I'll start the electronic form filling.
Old May 4th 2005, 10:03 am
Forum Regular

KiwiDollie is a name known to allKiwiDollie is a name known to allKiwiDollie is a name known to allKiwiDollie is a name known to allKiwiDollie is a name known to allKiwiDollie is a name known to allKiwiDollie is a name known to allKiwiDollie is a name known to allKiwiDollie is a name known to allKiwiDollie is a name known to allKiwiDollie is a name known to all

NeilB hi. I'm in sunny Burton upon Trent at the moment waiting for my house to sell. To me it sounds like you're in an excellent position - nothing to stop you.

What line of work are you in? My hubby is an HGV Driver and has been offered a job with a company in Auckland. I got some good contacts from people on another forum, emailed off CV etc and voila! telephone interview week later, job offer on the spot.

We are going the Work to Residence Visa route as we don't have enough points to submit an EOI.

Also, I know of several people who have gone over to NZ on a 'holiday', travelled round looking for employment, got themselves fixed up and then applied for Work Visa, leading to PR application. That's one option for you as you have no house etc to sell.

It can be done - you've just got to grab the bull by the horns so to speak.

All the best x

Also have a look over on emigratenz.org (hope that's allowed) lots of lovely helpful people on there too.
Old May 4th 2005, 10:09 am
Forum Regular

Hi,

Thanks for that, I check out the other site too

For us, we set a timeline (simply I paid 6 months rent) of around 6 months, I can pay more to stay here but with relatives already in NZ (Wellington for 6 years) and my folks considering moving, I just want to go now.

Sunny old BOT, what a small place, moved just up the road to Findern, used to live off Maple Way by Morrison’s.

When we all get to NZ will have to start up a Burton expats club.

For my sins, I’m in IT (System Architect for CSC) so we’d go initially with IT then see if I can complete the life laundry and do something more interesting.

If you have any agencies/contacts you can share I’d be grateful.

Cheers,

Neil
Old May 4th 2005, 11:09 am
Forum Regular

KiwiDollie is a name known to allKiwiDollie is a name known to allKiwiDollie is a name known to allKiwiDollie is a name known to allKiwiDollie is a name known to allKiwiDollie is a name known to allKiwiDollie is a name known to allKiwiDollie is a name known to allKiwiDollie is a name known to allKiwiDollie is a name known to allKiwiDollie is a name known to all

Neil, you could check out Moorf on the other forum. I know she had some good contacts for IT stuff as her hubby is in IT.

Good idea about the Burton expats club. When the Estate Agent came round to value our house he said that we were about the eighth family he'd been to who were moving to New Zealand. Even our next door neighbours have jumped on the band wagon and they're now hoping to move to Auckland.

Funny old world isn't it. We could end up living next door to them again on the other side of the world.
Old May 4th 2005, 11:22 am
BE Enthusiast

babybella has a reputation beyond reputebabybella has a reputation beyond reputebabybella has a reputation beyond reputebabybella has a reputation beyond reputebabybella has a reputation beyond reputebabybella has a reputation beyond reputebabybella has a reputation beyond reputebabybella has a reputation beyond reputebabybella has a reputation beyond reputebabybella has a reputation beyond reputebabybella has a reputation beyond repute

Hi,

Thanks for that, I check out the other site too

For us, we set a timeline (simply I paid 6 months rent) of around 6 months, I can pay more to stay here but with relatives already in NZ (Wellington for 6 years) and my folks considering moving, I just want to go now.

Sunny old BOT, what a small place, moved just up the road to Findern, used to live off Maple Way by Morrison’s.

When we all get to NZ will have to start up a Burton expats club.

For my sins, I’m in IT (System Architect for CSC) so we’d go initially with IT then see if I can complete the life laundry and do something more interesting.

If you have any agencies/contacts you can share I’d be grateful.

Cheers,

Neil

Check out www.stuff.co.nz it's the dominion post site with links to jobs, flats, houses etc.
Also www.jobnet.com
We are living in Nottingham do we get to join the Burton club.
KAZ
Old May 4th 2005, 11:26 am
Nice Tats

Pompey_Paul is a glorious beacon of lightPompey_Paul is a glorious beacon of lightPompey_Paul is a glorious beacon of lightPompey_Paul is a glorious beacon of lightPompey_Paul is a glorious beacon of lightPompey_Paul is a glorious beacon of lightPompey_Paul is a glorious beacon of lightPompey_Paul is a glorious beacon of lightPompey_Paul is a glorious beacon of lightPompey_Paul is a glorious beacon of lightPompey_Paul is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by KiwiDollie
Neil, you could check out Moorf on the other forum. I know she had some good contacts for IT stuff as her hubby is in IT.

Good idea about the Burton expats club. When the Estate Agent came round to value our house he said that we were about the eighth family he'd been to who were moving to New Zealand. Even our next door neighbours have jumped on the band wagon and they're now hoping to move to Auckland.

Funny old world isn't it. We could end up living next door to them again on the other side of the world.
Hi
What other forum please?
Old May 4th 2005, 11:34 am
Banned

ps_wardle is on a distinguished road

www.emigratenz.org/forums

moorf is ace, always helpful, but she lives in chch, so most of her knowledge is about chch

Originally Posted by Pompey_Paul
Hi
What other forum please?
Old May 4th 2005, 12:14 pm
Forum Regular

Exellent, sound good, Christchurch is our planned destination
Old May 4th 2005, 12:45 pm
Just Joined

Betty will become famous soon enough

Exellent, sound good, Christchurch is our planned destination
Neil, if you can, try and get down to New zealand house in London. I want to go by July and was struggling to get anywhere and wasn't sure the best route to take with work permits, work to residency etc.

They were really helpful and gave me all the advice I needed, and then some. I'm now going on under the partnership scheme (my boyfriend is a kiwi) and have my medical tomorrow. I was told if you want to go soon as possible then get the medicals and police clearance done cos they take the longest.

I definitely wouldn't go through an agency - I got quoted around £2000 and the visa the advice they gave was nothing like what the NZIS told me!

Good luck with it all anyway!

B
Old May 4th 2005, 12:50 pm
Forum Regular

Hi thanks for that, I can sort the medical quite quickly and already have SEI Security clearance from the MOD so I guess the Police Check will be not problem (he says hopefully ).

I'll find out the address and call/visit the offices in London. We just want to go qucikly, and I've 5 months left on the house rental but would love to be there (Christchurch) sooner.

Cheers,

Neil
Old May 4th 2005, 2:06 pm
Just Joined

Betty will become famous soon enough

Its on Haymarket in London. Nearest tube in Picadilly Circus, at its right down the bottom of haymarket past the cinema and theatre. really easy to find.

www.nzembassy.com
Old May 4th 2005, 2:40 pm
Forum Regular

Hi Mike,

Scary stuff but good information.

For my wife and I (no kids) it is a case of when and not if.

It will take me a couple of months (annual bonus time here) to be sure that I have enough to live off for 6-9 months.

So for me, it would be nice to have the paperwork in place but in all reality, when the house rental ends here, we are off.

My sister, her husband and two kids (one born in NZ) have been in Wellington for around 6 years so I don’t think the settlement will be a problem.

My research degrees were in computing and climatology and I’ve worked too long in the IT sector but from talking to agencies and the like is seems that my skills are needed.

It only seems scary because I’ve spent the day (until it broke) entering data onto the electronic EOI form but know that after the work bonus we are out of Blighty, hopefully for good.

I’ve just noticed where you are too, we may even be neighbours one day.

Cheers,

Neil
Old May 4th 2005, 3:29 pm
Nice Tats

Pompey_Paul is a glorious beacon of lightPompey_Paul is a glorious beacon of lightPompey_Paul is a glorious beacon of lightPompey_Paul is a glorious beacon of lightPompey_Paul is a glorious beacon of lightPompey_Paul is a glorious beacon of lightPompey_Paul is a glorious beacon of lightPompey_Paul is a glorious beacon of lightPompey_Paul is a glorious beacon of lightPompey_Paul is a glorious beacon of lightPompey_Paul is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by ps_wardle
www.emigratenz.org/forums

moorf is ace, always helpful, but she lives in chch, so most of her knowledge is about chch
Thanks...that may help me, i am in IT and looking to emigrate within 2 years

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.