Best Schools

Old May 15th 2007, 8:15 pm
If u see Sid, tell 'im...

Location: Ex of Hucknall and Mansfield, Notts and now in Manly, Whangaparaoa, just North of Auckland!
sirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond repute
Default Best Schools

Where can I obtain a listing of the best schools and about the areas where they are ?
Mrs Sirplug
Old May 15th 2007, 8:37 pm
Just Joined

charliedarling will become famous soon enoughcharliedarling will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Best Schools

Originally Posted by sirplug
Where can I obtain a listing of the best schools and about the areas where they are ?
Mrs Sirplug
Hi - dont know about which ones are best but this website may help http://www.tki.org.nz/e/tki/

Old May 15th 2007, 8:38 pm
Forum Regular

mark and kim has a brilliant futuremark and kim has a brilliant futuremark and kim has a brilliant futuremark and kim has a brilliant futuremark and kim has a brilliant futuremark and kim has a brilliant futuremark and kim has a brilliant futuremark and kim has a brilliant future

Try the following link
http://www.ero.govt.nz/ero/publishin...tent/Home+Page
Most schools seem to have their own websites.
I'm just looking at this too. The schools are zoned so I am a bit concerned about what what happens when we get the kids into a school near our rental and then end up buying in a different area. I don't want to keep moving them around schools if at all possible.
Where are you hoping to get to in NZ?

Kim
Old May 15th 2007, 8:41 pm

Location: Ex of Hucknall and Mansfield, Notts and now in Manly, Whangaparaoa, just North of Auckland!
sirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond repute

Not sure yet. It depends where the work is.
Old May 15th 2007, 8:49 pm

Originally Posted by charliedarling
Hi - dont know about which ones are best but this website may help http://www.tki.org.nz/e/tki/

Really useful - thanks
Old May 15th 2007, 9:35 pm
TeamEmbo

TeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mark and kim
Try the following link
http://www.ero.govt.nz/ero/publishin...tent/Home+Page
Most schools seem to have their own websites.
I'm just looking at this too. The schools are zoned so I am a bit concerned about what what happens when we get the kids into a school near our rental and then end up buying in a different area. I don't want to keep moving them around schools if at all possible.
Where are you hoping to get to in NZ?

Kim
We were worried about this too. Due to arrive Cch next week and need to get schools and a rental sorted before starting work. We have been told that some schools (not sure if all are the same) ask every few months for a recent utility bill to check you are still within the zone for the school, so we are just hoping we're able to get a rental in the area of the school the kids and us are happy with, and that we find it somewhere we also want to settle and buy a place without having to move the kids schools. Maybe the school zones are quite big so there will be a good choice of areas to live within the right zone!
Old May 15th 2007, 9:54 pm

happynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nice

Originally Posted by TeamEmbo
We were worried about this too. Due to arrive Cch next week and need to get schools and a rental sorted before starting work. We have been told that some schools (not sure if all are the same) ask every few months for a recent utility bill to check you are still within the zone for the school, so we are just hoping we're able to get a rental in the area of the school the kids and us are happy with, and that we find it somewhere we also want to settle and buy a place without having to move the kids schools. Maybe the school zones are quite big so there will be a good choice of areas to live within the right zone!
How old are your kids?
Old May 15th 2007, 10:40 pm
TeamEmbo

TeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond repute

11 (boy) and 13 (girl)
Old May 15th 2007, 10:45 pm

happynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nice

Originally Posted by TeamEmbo
11 (boy) and 13 (girl)
Middle school for the lad and starting high school for the young lady. Heaton Middle School which draws from Papanui, St Albans, Merivale area is a good school. If you were to live in St Albans or Merivale your daughter would go to Christchurch Girls High School. The Asians are all convinced that Burnside is the high school of choice. I think Cashmere area is supposed to be good as well.
Old May 15th 2007, 10:53 pm
TeamEmbo

Many thanks. Gives us a starting point. xx
Old May 16th 2007, 10:38 am
BE Enthusiast

CAN2NZ is a glorious beacon of lightCAN2NZ is a glorious beacon of lightCAN2NZ is a glorious beacon of lightCAN2NZ is a glorious beacon of lightCAN2NZ is a glorious beacon of lightCAN2NZ is a glorious beacon of lightCAN2NZ is a glorious beacon of lightCAN2NZ is a glorious beacon of lightCAN2NZ is a glorious beacon of lightCAN2NZ is a glorious beacon of lightCAN2NZ is a glorious beacon of light

Please read the ERO reports as posted earlier.

You will need to have a rental contract to show the school before they will enroll your children. If you move your children will be able to stay at the school. Our primary has told us that if they start they, they stay there. The secondary schools are not so kind. If you move, you may find your high schooler out of the school. However, that is if they have attended the school for less than one year as is the case with Burnside.

I wish the person who keeps referring to Asians using them as a negative in his posts would stop. It is offensive. I like going out for meal like others and would not like to feel culturally isolated as might happen if I lived in a large asian neighbourhood. We have a large community in our part of town, but NZ people of European descent are in the vast majority.
Old May 16th 2007, 12:47 pm
Forum Regular

ballsrburning is just really niceballsrburning is just really niceballsrburning is just really niceballsrburning is just really niceballsrburning is just really niceballsrburning is just really niceballsrburning is just really niceballsrburning is just really niceballsrburning is just really nice

I have met a few headmasters from NZ during my partners interviews for a job, and they have explained the decile system to us and I would not place to much importance on the rating of the school in regards to its performance. A decile 5 school could be just as good as 8,9 or even 10, its mainly a financial thing.
Old May 16th 2007, 12:53 pm

Originally Posted by CAN2NZ
I wish the person who keeps referring to Asians using them as a negative in his posts would stop. It is offensive. I like going out for meal like others and would not like to feel culturally isolated as might happen if I lived in a large Asian neighbourhood. We have a large community in our part of town, but NZ people of European descent are in the vast majority.
I most certainly am not using Asians in any derogatory sense. Hell's bells! My wife is Asian. I know for a fact that most Koreans are obsessed with getting their kids into good schools. If I see a school with heaps of Asians that's where I'd want my kid to go. How are you making this leap of reasoning that I am being negative towards Asians?
Sheesh...
Old May 16th 2007, 3:32 pm
Forum Regular

Nisey has a brilliant futureNisey has a brilliant futureNisey has a brilliant futureNisey has a brilliant futureNisey has a brilliant futureNisey has a brilliant futureNisey has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by CAN2NZ
I wish the person who keeps referring to Asians using them as a negative in his posts would stop. It is offensive. I like going out for meal like others and would not like to feel culturally isolated as might happen if I lived in a large asian neighbourhood. We have a large community in our part of town, but NZ people of European descent are in the vast majority.
You startin.....

What politically correct collective noun would you like us to use, sounds descriptive enough for me, I don't mind being called a european, or a pom and I did not feel culturally isolated whilst walking around Auckland of an evening when the place was crawling with folks that look and speak nothing like me. I did not read anything negative in the post, so perhaps it as more to do with your own sensitivities.
Old May 17th 2007, 4:03 am
BE Enthusiast

brussels_sprout is a splendid one to beholdbrussels_sprout is a splendid one to beholdbrussels_sprout is a splendid one to beholdbrussels_sprout is a splendid one to beholdbrussels_sprout is a splendid one to beholdbrussels_sprout is a splendid one to beholdbrussels_sprout is a splendid one to beholdbrussels_sprout is a splendid one to beholdbrussels_sprout is a splendid one to beholdbrussels_sprout is a splendid one to beholdbrussels_sprout is a splendid one to behold

The Maoris call us "pakeha" without any problems, why not "Asians" , at least it is geographical correct

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.