Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

The best places to visit in New Zealand

The best places to visit in New Zealand

Old Nov 23rd 2006, 8:08 pm
BE Enthusiast

jueinnz is a glorious beacon of lightjueinnz is a glorious beacon of lightjueinnz is a glorious beacon of lightjueinnz is a glorious beacon of lightjueinnz is a glorious beacon of lightjueinnz is a glorious beacon of lightjueinnz is a glorious beacon of lightjueinnz is a glorious beacon of lightjueinnz is a glorious beacon of lightjueinnz is a glorious beacon of lightjueinnz is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: The best places to visit in New Zealand

Originally Posted by Jack Daws
Anymore places?

Especially in the North Island
sixty mile beach, goes on forever and people drive cars on it???? We got a bus trip that ended up at the northernest point in NZ (not gonna try to spell it cause you will all laugh!!!) where the two seas met and on the way up went to see gum forests and kauri trees and sand surfed and drove along the beach on a bus!!!
Old Nov 23rd 2006, 9:04 pm
Here in Dunedin

southerner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond repute

The top 10 according to the NZ public on the AA website are:

Fiordland NP
Abel Tasman
Stewart Island
Milford Sound
Doubtful Sound
Marlborough Sound
Ruapehu
Camping anywhere
Glaciers
Bay of Islands

http://www.aatravel.co.nz/101-must-d...is/gallery.php

My own Top 10 are:
Milford Sound
Stewart Is
Dunedin/Otago Peninsula
Abel Tasman
The Far North
Marlborough Sounds
Queenstown/Central Otago
Mt Cook
Glaciers
A "tramp" off the beaten track
Old Nov 23rd 2006, 9:20 pm
Too close to the sun

SirEglamore has much to be proud ofSirEglamore has much to be proud ofSirEglamore has much to be proud ofSirEglamore has much to be proud ofSirEglamore has much to be proud ofSirEglamore has much to be proud ofSirEglamore has much to be proud ofSirEglamore has much to be proud ofSirEglamore has much to be proud ofSirEglamore has much to be proud ofSirEglamore has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by southerner

Fiordland NP
Abel Tasman
Stewart Island
Milford Sound
Doubtful Sound
Marlborough Sound
Ruapehu
Camping anywhere
Glaciers
Bay of Islands

My own Top 10 are:
Milford Sound
Stewart Is
Dunedin/Otago Peninsula
Abel Tasman
The Far North
Marlborough Sounds
Queenstown/Central Otago
Mt Cook
Glaciers
Hi Southerner.

Where in Dunedin are you. we're looking at slightly north like Karitane/Seacliff way on. Only stumbling block at the mo is a job offer. Hospital wants people now, not in a couple of months. might need to send OH out there by herself to get one . Trying to balance house sale with getting ITA here and sent back . stressed or what
Old Nov 23rd 2006, 9:26 pm
P2L
BE Forum Addict

P2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by SirEglamore
Hi Southerner.

Where in Dunedin are you. we're looking at slightly north like Karitane/Seacliff way on. Only stumbling block at the mo is a job offer. Hospital wants people now, not in a couple of months. might need to send OH out there by herself to get one . Trying to balance house sale with getting ITA here and sent back . stressed or what

Have you thought about going on a work visa and doing your PR once you're out there? That's what we're looking at doing . Waiting for job offer to come through ( hopefully tonight) but companies looking for us to be out there by mid Jan/Feb, so no other way for us to turn it around in that pace of time
Old Nov 23rd 2006, 9:50 pm
Here in Dunedin

southerner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by SirEglamore
Hi Southerner.

We're in one of the hill suburbs fairly close to central town.

Karitane is really nice - can put you in touch (if you like) with another Brit who has stayed there when they first arrived. They loved it.
Old Nov 24th 2006, 12:31 am
BE Forum Addict

danny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond repute

Where does the helihike go from? How much is it?
Old Nov 24th 2006, 12:56 am
Maz

Maz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by danny.f
Where does the helihike go from? How much is it?
Ooh I like the idea of the helihike! We went in a helicopter over the Grand Canyon a few years back, it was amazing!
Old Nov 24th 2006, 1:42 am
BE Forum Addict

danny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Maz
Ooh I like the idea of the helihike! We went in a helicopter over the Grand Canyon a few years back, it was amazing!

We did the helicopter flight over Lake Taupo. Best thing we ever did. My 3 yr old with ear protectors on. Well funny. Will do it again when we go.
Old Nov 24th 2006, 6:47 am
Banned

Jack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond repute

Fiordland NP
Abel Tasman
Stewart Island
Milford Sound
Doubtful Sound
Marlborough Sound
Ruapehu
Camping anywhere
Glaciers
Bay of Islands

My own Top 10 are:
Milford Sound
Stewart Is
Dunedin/Otago Peninsula
Abel Tasman
The Far North
Marlborough Sounds
Queenstown/Central Otago
Mt Cook
Glaciers
Hey Southerner apart from the BOI theyre all in South island. Owt up norf?

Old Nov 24th 2006, 9:55 am
Too close to the sun

SirEglamore has much to be proud ofSirEglamore has much to be proud ofSirEglamore has much to be proud ofSirEglamore has much to be proud ofSirEglamore has much to be proud ofSirEglamore has much to be proud ofSirEglamore has much to be proud ofSirEglamore has much to be proud ofSirEglamore has much to be proud ofSirEglamore has much to be proud ofSirEglamore has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by kev&sarah
Have you thought about going on a work visa and doing your PR once you're out there? That's what we're looking at doing . Waiting for job offer to come through ( hopefully tonight) but companies looking for us to be out there by mid Jan/Feb, so no other way for us to turn it around in that pace of time
I think you still need a job offer for work to res. and we're too old for a working holiday one
Old Nov 24th 2006, 9:56 am
Too close to the sun

We're in one of the hill suburbs fairly close to central town.

Karitane is really nice - can put you in touch (if you like) with another Brit who has stayed there when they first arrived. They loved it.
I'll take you up on that a bit nearer the time Thanks Southerner
Old Nov 24th 2006, 10:03 am
conquering the world!

karonious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond repute

Best place to visit in NZ?

Our house, because once our stereo finally gets here, we hold the best parties ever...(I like to feed my guests) Invite yourselves and I will fit you in...
Old Nov 24th 2006, 11:00 am
Nice Tats

Pompey_Paul is a glorious beacon of lightPompey_Paul is a glorious beacon of lightPompey_Paul is a glorious beacon of lightPompey_Paul is a glorious beacon of lightPompey_Paul is a glorious beacon of lightPompey_Paul is a glorious beacon of lightPompey_Paul is a glorious beacon of lightPompey_Paul is a glorious beacon of lightPompey_Paul is a glorious beacon of lightPompey_Paul is a glorious beacon of lightPompey_Paul is a glorious beacon of light

Kaikoura - Swim with Dolphins....the best thing i ever did full stop.
Old Nov 24th 2006, 12:04 pm
within Touching distance

GowHow is a name known to allGowHow is a name known to allGowHow is a name known to allGowHow is a name known to allGowHow is a name known to allGowHow is a name known to allGowHow is a name known to allGowHow is a name known to allGowHow is a name known to allGowHow is a name known to allGowHow is a name known to all

North Island highlights for me were

Bay of Islands - take the boat ride through the hole in the rock
Giant Kauri Trees in Northland forests - just awesome
Coromondel peninsula coastal drive and narrow guage railway in coromondel town
Rotarua was good, but a bit smelly
Napier was good, but I felt a bit young (full of retirees)
Huka Falls - helluva lot of water going very fast!
Tongariro National Park. We only managed to climb up Mt. Ruapehu but the views were awesome (see pic on who are we talking to thread)

Read my blog for a bit more info on what we managed on our trip
Old Nov 24th 2006, 1:37 pm
Maz

Maz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by karonious
Best place to visit in NZ?

Our house, because once our stereo finally gets here, we hold the best parties ever...(I like to feed my guests) Invite yourselves and I will fit you in...
You might be asking for it!

Originally Posted by Pompey_Paul
Kaikoura - Swim with Dolphins....the best thing i ever did full stop.
That sounds amazing. I want to do that!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.