Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Best places to live/buy in North Shore

Best places to live/buy in North Shore

Old Sep 7th 2009, 8:29 am
Forum Regular

PHONEJUNKY is a splendid one to beholdPHONEJUNKY is a splendid one to beholdPHONEJUNKY is a splendid one to beholdPHONEJUNKY is a splendid one to beholdPHONEJUNKY is a splendid one to beholdPHONEJUNKY is a splendid one to beholdPHONEJUNKY is a splendid one to beholdPHONEJUNKY is a splendid one to beholdPHONEJUNKY is a splendid one to beholdPHONEJUNKY is a splendid one to beholdPHONEJUNKY is a splendid one to behold
Default Best places to live/buy in North Shore

Hi
Could anyone please give me some info on the best places to live and buy house around North Shore. We will be wanting to be near good primary school for our daughter.Also what is the average price for 4 bed house in decent area, I have looked at trade me but there are so many subberbs i dont know the best places to start.
Thanks
Old Sep 7th 2009, 8:57 pm
By name and by nature

Batty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Best places to live/buy in North Shore

Originally Posted by PHONEJUNKY
Hi
Could anyone please give me some info on the best places to live and buy house around North Shore. We will be wanting to be near good primary school for our daughter.Also what is the average price for 4 bed house in decent area, I have looked at trade me but there are so many subberbs i dont know the best places to start.
Thanks
It will depend on your budget basically. The more expensive areas are Takapuna, Milford, Browns Bay (and others close by) and the cheaper ones tend to be farther away from the beaches. We live in Bayview which is on the outskirts of Glenfield and we're about 10 minutes from the nearest beach but the house prices are much lower. There's a couple of good primary schools in the area too.
Old Sep 9th 2009, 10:17 am
Forum Regular

PHONEJUNKY is a splendid one to beholdPHONEJUNKY is a splendid one to beholdPHONEJUNKY is a splendid one to beholdPHONEJUNKY is a splendid one to beholdPHONEJUNKY is a splendid one to beholdPHONEJUNKY is a splendid one to beholdPHONEJUNKY is a splendid one to beholdPHONEJUNKY is a splendid one to beholdPHONEJUNKY is a splendid one to beholdPHONEJUNKY is a splendid one to beholdPHONEJUNKY is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Batty
It will depend on your budget basically. The more expensive areas are Takapuna, Milford, Browns Bay (and others close by) and the cheaper ones tend to be farther away from the beaches. We live in Bayview which is on the outskirts of Glenfield and we're about 10 minutes from the nearest beach but the house prices are much lower. There's a couple of good primary schools in the area too.
Thanks Batty
The thought of being only ten minutes to the beach and less than a hour to central Auckland seems great. I will be renting at first for a while untill i find the right area to live in with good schools then i will think about buying.
Also is there any subberbs that i should stay clear of for any reason around North Shore.
Thank you
Old Sep 9th 2009, 7:53 pm
By name and by nature

Batty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by PHONEJUNKY
Also is there any subberbs that i should stay clear of for any reason around North Shore.
Thank you
Birkdale would be the least 'salubrious' but tbh I don't really know why. I don't know it very well - even though it's less than 10 minutes away