Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Best place to swim with Dolphins around CHCH

Best place to swim with Dolphins around CHCH

Old Dec 17th 2009, 9:25 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Best place to swim with Dolphins around CHCH

Originally Posted by Matewx
IT IS BOOKED!!

Jan 2nd @ Midday... Can not wait!!!

Check here!
You lucky, lucky bar steward I'm so jealous, I'm green!

It's my all time ambition to swim with dolphins. I've been on two dolphin safaris since we've been in NZ but haven't been able to swim with the dolphins as they had babies with them.

OH was just saying on Tues evening that we need to get down to the South Island again & do a bit more exploring.

Anyways Matewx, have a fabulous time. I'm sure you'll enjoy it. Have you decided what you are doing for Christmas yet?
Old Dec 17th 2009, 9:55 pm
NZ ways is best ways :0)

Wiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BEVS
Which place is Kaiks Wiz please?

We have a visitor here in January and want him to have the best time. Also I want to see dolphins again.
Hey Bevs - shorthand for Kaikoura is wot Kaiks is innit?! For the dolphin spot though, head 10 or so kms South on the main road, go along the twisty turny bit beside the sea, and about 2 or 3 kms after the 2nd and last short tunnel there is a layby on a headland. If the dolphins are there you will see a bunch of cars parked up there as all get out to have a look. The view across the wide bay is worth the stop anyway, and there are usually seals right at your feet hauled out on the rocks. For seals though, the Kaikoura peninsula is best as there are 100's of the buggers around there. Just do the cliff walk, and you'll see them swimming and basking. You can walk around the shore at low tide and get up close and personal, and there's lots of other wildlife around there too.

Enjoy!
Old Dec 18th 2009, 7:02 am
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

Cheers beers