Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Best place to rent in Wellington

Best place to rent in Wellington

Old Jun 21st 2008, 11:33 pm
Forum Regular

stasia is a name known to allstasia is a name known to allstasia is a name known to allstasia is a name known to allstasia is a name known to allstasia is a name known to allstasia is a name known to allstasia is a name known to allstasia is a name known to allstasia is a name known to allstasia is a name known to all
Default Re: Best place to rent in Wellington

hi guys, we are in whitby which is really nice especially if you have kids. other nice areas around here are plimmerton which has a lovely beach and not as far from town as paraparamau, papakowhai, paremata both have lovely views of inlet so you won;t go wrong with any of these areas and if you need me to have a look at a rental for you just ask i love nosing round houses! good luck guys x
Old Jun 22nd 2008, 6:45 am
BE Enthusiast

pumpkinlou has much to be proud ofpumpkinlou has much to be proud ofpumpkinlou has much to be proud ofpumpkinlou has much to be proud ofpumpkinlou has much to be proud ofpumpkinlou has much to be proud ofpumpkinlou has much to be proud ofpumpkinlou has much to be proud ofpumpkinlou has much to be proud ofpumpkinlou has much to be proud ofpumpkinlou has much to be proud of

Hi Stasia,

Thanks for the info. We have booked a holiday rental for 3 weeks in Paraparaumu. Will check out the areas you mentioned. I do like the sound of whitby too.

I love looking around peoples houses too!! May take you up on the offer nearer the time!

Looking forward to meeting up when we get there!!

Louise
xxxxxxxxxxx
Old Jun 22nd 2008, 7:02 am
Winter hibernator

Ted Logan is a splendid one to beholdTed Logan is a splendid one to beholdTed Logan is a splendid one to beholdTed Logan is a splendid one to beholdTed Logan is a splendid one to beholdTed Logan is a splendid one to beholdTed Logan is a splendid one to beholdTed Logan is a splendid one to beholdTed Logan is a splendid one to beholdTed Logan is a splendid one to beholdTed Logan is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Kiwiprincess
Seatoun - lovely but 'spensive. Actually not only that but very popular which means that if you can get a rental there to absolutely kick punch and slap anyone who tries to get in front of you for the house. Being non-violent i would never endorse such behaviour of course.

The number 11 bus goes from Seatoun along Taranaki Street so it is pretty easy to get from Seatoun to Wellington High or Naki Street. Takes about 40 minutes but a pretty easy commute seeing as they wouldn't actually have to do anything other than

Another option could be Miramar but, if getting the bus not *quite* as convenient (maybe a ten minute walk up Courtenay Place on the Miramar bus or simply to walk along and get the no11 from Cobham Drive nearer the airport. Bit of a hike though).

www.metlink.org.nz
Seatoun 11 and Miramar 18 will go your way
Old Jun 23rd 2008, 3:18 pm
BE Enthusiast

brussels_sprout is a splendid one to beholdbrussels_sprout is a splendid one to beholdbrussels_sprout is a splendid one to beholdbrussels_sprout is a splendid one to beholdbrussels_sprout is a splendid one to beholdbrussels_sprout is a splendid one to beholdbrussels_sprout is a splendid one to beholdbrussels_sprout is a splendid one to beholdbrussels_sprout is a splendid one to beholdbrussels_sprout is a splendid one to beholdbrussels_sprout is a splendid one to behold

The best thing to do is to wait until you get to NZ, go to the area that you want to live, then get one of the local free newspapers (from the library or dairy). There are always 10-20 properties for rent with a range of prices.