Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Best place to live in East Auckland?

Best place to live in East Auckland?

Old Mar 1st 2009, 7:53 pm
BE Enthusiast

Kags1694 is a glorious beacon of lightKags1694 is a glorious beacon of lightKags1694 is a glorious beacon of lightKags1694 is a glorious beacon of lightKags1694 is a glorious beacon of lightKags1694 is a glorious beacon of lightKags1694 is a glorious beacon of lightKags1694 is a glorious beacon of lightKags1694 is a glorious beacon of lightKags1694 is a glorious beacon of lightKags1694 is a glorious beacon of light
Default Best place to live in East Auckland?

Hi we have just moved to NZ, and we are renting in Albany, we dont know much about the east coast. Hubbys job is in Panmure, so we are looking for something within 30 minutes drive. (with a good college)

Any help would be much appreciated.
Old Mar 2nd 2009, 12:16 am
Just Joined

Aggles is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Best place to live in East Auckland?

I thoroughly recommend Mt Eden. We moved here in January after landing in NZ in December. Central location and well positioned for top schools.

Worth taking a look.
Old Mar 2nd 2009, 2:59 am
BE Forum Addict

sr71 has a reputation beyond reputesr71 has a reputation beyond reputesr71 has a reputation beyond reputesr71 has a reputation beyond reputesr71 has a reputation beyond reputesr71 has a reputation beyond reputesr71 has a reputation beyond reputesr71 has a reputation beyond reputesr71 has a reputation beyond reputesr71 has a reputation beyond reputesr71 has a reputation beyond repute

Generally it is wise to avoid Glen Innes, Panmure and Mt Wellington.

Pretty good areas around there are St Johns, Ellerslie, One Tree Hill, most of Onehunga. Then there are the more expensive suburbs like Meadowbank or Remuera
Old Mar 2nd 2009, 10:32 am
Has left the building

Geelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Aggles
I thoroughly recommend Mt Eden. We moved here in January after landing in NZ in December. Central location and well positioned for top schools.

Worth taking a look.
Yes and Ellerslie or Epsom (depending on budget)

As SR71 suggests and

Howick, Bucklands Beach (Macleans college catchment), Pakuranga

Panmure is quite an easy place too get too from a number of routes so enjoy your options.
Old Mar 3rd 2009, 7:21 pm
Forum Regular

CindyGirl is a jewel in the roughCindyGirl is a jewel in the roughCindyGirl is a jewel in the roughCindyGirl is a jewel in the roughCindyGirl is a jewel in the rough

we live in dannemora.not too bad a journey to panmure .good schools on doorstep.older son goes to botany college,and were really pleased with it
Old Mar 3rd 2009, 7:31 pm
BE Enthusiast

Kags1694 is a glorious beacon of lightKags1694 is a glorious beacon of lightKags1694 is a glorious beacon of lightKags1694 is a glorious beacon of lightKags1694 is a glorious beacon of lightKags1694 is a glorious beacon of lightKags1694 is a glorious beacon of lightKags1694 is a glorious beacon of lightKags1694 is a glorious beacon of lightKags1694 is a glorious beacon of lightKags1694 is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by CindyGirl
we live in dannemora.not too bad a journey to panmure .good schools on doorstep.older son goes to botany college,and were really pleased with it

Hi hubby did the drive to work yesterday, he will start at 7am and we have
been told that the journey across the bridge at that time is ok, will take him approx 1 hour to get to work (we both travelled that in the UK). We have been looking at rentals in both East coast and Northshore. We really only know the Northshore. Our son is 16 and very sporty, hope you dont mind me asking how old is your son who goes to college?

Karen
Old Mar 4th 2009, 6:48 pm
VP - Rangers Support Club

theduke has a brilliant futuretheduke has a brilliant futuretheduke has a brilliant futuretheduke has a brilliant futuretheduke has a brilliant futuretheduke has a brilliant futuretheduke has a brilliant future

There is a group on here who call themselves the "Botany Babes", I think it is one of those opposite things , anyway most of them live around the east Auckland area get hooked up with them and they will help ya I am sure, I hear they love their coffee?
Old Mar 6th 2009, 12:02 am
Forum Regular

CindyGirl is a jewel in the roughCindyGirl is a jewel in the roughCindyGirl is a jewel in the roughCindyGirl is a jewel in the roughCindyGirl is a jewel in the rough

yep im a botany babe lol!!my son is nearly 14 and has been at the college just a few weeks.pm me if you like and i will be only too happy to tell you all about living in dannemora
Old Mar 9th 2009, 3:28 am
Forum Regular

Superwoman x 5 will become famous soon enoughSuperwoman x 5 will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by theduke
There is a group on here who call themselves the "Botany Babes", I think it is one of those opposite things , anyway most of them live around the east Auckland area get hooked up with them and they will help ya I am sure, I hear they love their coffee?
Yip thankyou for that The Duke !! you know we are all Botany Babes...lol and we will be happy to help anyway we can...
Yip Coffee and Tea loaf we love it....
Old Mar 11th 2009, 7:11 am
BE Enthusiast

nukiwi has a reputation beyond reputenukiwi has a reputation beyond reputenukiwi has a reputation beyond reputenukiwi has a reputation beyond reputenukiwi has a reputation beyond reputenukiwi has a reputation beyond reputenukiwi has a reputation beyond reputenukiwi has a reputation beyond reputenukiwi has a reputation beyond reputenukiwi has a reputation beyond reputenukiwi has a reputation beyond repute

Yep I'm a Botany Babe too. We rented in Albany for the first 6 months after we arrived but having such good friends down here in East Auckland, we have made the move down here. I have to say, although we liked Albany, we love East Auckland and feel that we have only now started our lives in NZ.

If you need any information, please do not hesitate to ask.