Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

the best place to live

the best place to live

Old Nov 20th 2007, 12:14 am

happynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nice
Default Re: the best place to live

Originally Posted by Speago
Hi
I was just wondering how you are going to get work without a work permit. From what I can gather you need a job to get a visa and you need a work permit to get work. Catch 22 really so I was wondering how you are going to swing it.
You can look for and interview for positions whilst on a visitor permit. Free speech and all that, y'know. However, you cannot legally work without some sort of status such as a work permit, work to residence visa or permanent residency. So, Speago, what you can do is come here, look for work (really, there's no law saying that you can't talk to people) and if you find someone that can sponsor you you can take the documents needed down to the local NZIS office and apply for a work permit. That's the short form. For more details see the immigration wiki.
Old Nov 20th 2007, 12:28 am
Winter hibernator

Ted Logan is a splendid one to beholdTed Logan is a splendid one to beholdTed Logan is a splendid one to beholdTed Logan is a splendid one to beholdTed Logan is a splendid one to beholdTed Logan is a splendid one to beholdTed Logan is a splendid one to beholdTed Logan is a splendid one to beholdTed Logan is a splendid one to beholdTed Logan is a splendid one to beholdTed Logan is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: the best place to live

Originally Posted by Baron Silas Greenback
General trend of weather.

Southland - Cold in Winter, winds staright from Antartica with nothing but a few rocky islands and a few albatross to stop the winds. Summers nice enough.

Central Otago - Cold winters, hot summers.

Dunedin - Cold Winters, ok summers.

Christchurh - Coldish winters, very nice warm summers. Doesnt rain as much as other parts as the Southern Alps make most of the raiun get dumped on the West Coast.

West Coast - Mild Winters, Nice Summers.... Rains alot.. LOTS.. use a swimsuit instead of an a brollie.

Nelson/Marlbrough - Mild winters, very nice summers, lots of sunshine. Very pleasant.

Wellington - Cold and windy in winter, Warm and windy in Summer. People dont move to Wellington for its weather......

Hamilton - Warm summers, Coldish winters..... very damp! Not because it rains anymore than other parts, but because most the city was built on a boggy marshes... so any rain doesnt drain that well.. and you end up squelching when you walk most winters.

Tauranga - Mild winters, very nice summers, lots of sunshine. Very pleasant.

Rotorua/Taupo - Warm summers, colder winters. You are on the central plateau and you know it.

Hawkes Bay - Mild winters, very nice summers, lots of sunshine. Very pleasant.

Auckland - Mild winters, very nice summers, lots of sunshine. Very pleasant. Rains more than Tga, Hawkes Bay or Nelson. (no stats to back that up, but I ahve lives in most of those places and its my gut feel)

Whangerei - Not called the winterless north for nothing.

Oi !!! I resent that, its not always windy plus windy means less polution. We have a beautiful harbour and whens it's nice (like today) it's the best place in NZ.