Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Best place to bring up children?

Best place to bring up children?

Old Aug 12th 2005, 8:58 pm

Dave and Lyns has a brilliant futureDave and Lyns has a brilliant futureDave and Lyns has a brilliant futureDave and Lyns has a brilliant futureDave and Lyns has a brilliant futureDave and Lyns has a brilliant futureDave and Lyns has a brilliant future
Default Best place to bring up children?

I would like know what everyone thinks of the following:

Putting to one side all of the adult issues and worries eg: money, politics etc. where do you think is the best place to bring up children, UK, NZ or any other places?

Thanks in advance

Lyns
Old Aug 12th 2005, 9:02 pm
BE Enthusiast

babybella has a reputation beyond reputebabybella has a reputation beyond reputebabybella has a reputation beyond reputebabybella has a reputation beyond reputebabybella has a reputation beyond reputebabybella has a reputation beyond reputebabybella has a reputation beyond reputebabybella has a reputation beyond reputebabybella has a reputation beyond reputebabybella has a reputation beyond reputebabybella has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Best place to bring up children?

Originally Posted by Dave and Lyns

Putting to one side all of the adult issues and worries eg: money, politics etc. where do you think is the best place to bring up children, UK, NZ or any other places?

Thanks in advance

Lyns
I would say if you want your kids to stay kids for as long as poss then very def NZ.
KAZ
Old Aug 12th 2005, 9:19 pm
BE Enthusiast

eurotramp has much to be proud ofeurotramp has much to be proud ofeurotramp has much to be proud ofeurotramp has much to be proud ofeurotramp has much to be proud ofeurotramp has much to be proud ofeurotramp has much to be proud ofeurotramp has much to be proud ofeurotramp has much to be proud ofeurotramp has much to be proud ofeurotramp has much to be proud of

Best place to live..at the moment ....Irland..believe or not
Old Aug 12th 2005, 9:26 pm
Banned

SecretBeing is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by eurotramp
Best place to live..at the moment ....Irland..believe or not
Ireland is not so good.!!!!!!!!!! YOU lepracaun
New Zealand is definately the better option. It has lots to offer More opportunties.
Old Aug 12th 2005, 9:43 pm
Galaxy 1: Cadbury's 0

uk+kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeuk+kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeuk+kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeuk+kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeuk+kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeuk+kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeuk+kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeuk+kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeuk+kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeuk+kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeuk+kiwi has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Dave and Lyns

Thanks in advance

Lyns
In whichever country the parents are happiest, since that will be the living example that the children experience.
Old Aug 13th 2005, 5:41 pm
Nice Tats

Pompey_Paul is a glorious beacon of lightPompey_Paul is a glorious beacon of lightPompey_Paul is a glorious beacon of lightPompey_Paul is a glorious beacon of lightPompey_Paul is a glorious beacon of lightPompey_Paul is a glorious beacon of lightPompey_Paul is a glorious beacon of lightPompey_Paul is a glorious beacon of lightPompey_Paul is a glorious beacon of lightPompey_Paul is a glorious beacon of lightPompey_Paul is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by uk+kiwi
In whichever country the parents are happiest, since that will be the living example that the children experience.
Good reply
Old Aug 13th 2005, 5:41 pm
Nice Tats

Pompey_Paul is a glorious beacon of lightPompey_Paul is a glorious beacon of lightPompey_Paul is a glorious beacon of lightPompey_Paul is a glorious beacon of lightPompey_Paul is a glorious beacon of lightPompey_Paul is a glorious beacon of lightPompey_Paul is a glorious beacon of lightPompey_Paul is a glorious beacon of lightPompey_Paul is a glorious beacon of lightPompey_Paul is a glorious beacon of lightPompey_Paul is a glorious beacon of light

Willy Wonkas Chocolate factory
Old Aug 13th 2005, 5:58 pm

uk+kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeuk+kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeuk+kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeuk+kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeuk+kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeuk+kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeuk+kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeuk+kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeuk+kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeuk+kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeuk+kiwi has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pompey_Paul
Good reply
Thank you. Have you seen the Willy Wonker film then?

I haven't, seriously can't remember the story, but have a 5 year old that really wants me to read her the (re-released) book - is it suitable or a little scary do you think?
Old Aug 13th 2005, 6:00 pm

bookemjano is a splendid one to beholdbookemjano is a splendid one to beholdbookemjano is a splendid one to beholdbookemjano is a splendid one to beholdbookemjano is a splendid one to beholdbookemjano is a splendid one to beholdbookemjano is a splendid one to beholdbookemjano is a splendid one to beholdbookemjano is a splendid one to beholdbookemjano is a splendid one to beholdbookemjano is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Pompey_Paul
Willy Wonkas Chocolate factory
Unless I get there first.
Old Aug 13th 2005, 6:10 pm

Originally Posted by bookemjano
Unless I get there first.
Jan - no time for that, haven't you got your ideal dinner party guests arriving in an hour??? You need to dash over to the party thread and update me with your progress!! Carmen.
Old Aug 13th 2005, 6:27 pm
A land far far away

pixi-dust has a reputation beyond reputepixi-dust has a reputation beyond reputepixi-dust has a reputation beyond reputepixi-dust has a reputation beyond reputepixi-dust has a reputation beyond reputepixi-dust has a reputation beyond reputepixi-dust has a reputation beyond reputepixi-dust has a reputation beyond reputepixi-dust has a reputation beyond reputepixi-dust has a reputation beyond reputepixi-dust has a reputation beyond repute

I haven't, seriously can't remember the story, but have a 5 year old that really wants me to read her the (re-released) book - is it suitable or a little scary do you think?
not too scary - if you do the voices!!!

i thought the film was wonderful - then again I love Johnny Depp and dont really like Gene Wilder (ducks!!)
Old Aug 13th 2005, 6:30 pm

bookemjano is a splendid one to beholdbookemjano is a splendid one to beholdbookemjano is a splendid one to beholdbookemjano is a splendid one to beholdbookemjano is a splendid one to beholdbookemjano is a splendid one to beholdbookemjano is a splendid one to beholdbookemjano is a splendid one to beholdbookemjano is a splendid one to beholdbookemjano is a splendid one to beholdbookemjano is a splendid one to behold

Jan - no time for that, haven't you got your ideal dinner party guests arriving in an hour??? You need to dash over to the party thread and update me with your progress!! Carmen.
Why madam, I really couldn't tell the public what I've got planned for Tim McGraw, his wife would be really upset! Actually, I don't think he'd be too chuffed either!
Old Aug 13th 2005, 6:44 pm

Originally Posted by bookemjano
Actually, I don't think he'd be too chuffed either!
LOL! Hope you have a successful evening - remember the matching lingerie!
Old Aug 13th 2005, 11:21 pm
BE Forum Addict

Gill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond repute

Definately NZ !!

Kids are able to be kids. School is greared around developing social skills and it's the norm for kids to be involved with loads of sports and leisure activities.
Even my child who "wouldn't" have a bike in the UK, is an avid out doorsy type now, plays for the school soccer teams, swims, kayaks, OWNS a bike.

There isn't the sense that "we can;t do that in case they have an accident". Our daughter went to school camp with a caste on her arm, she definately would not have been allowed to go in the UK. Here the teacher said she'd miss out so much if we didn't let here go !!

In the UK we had a 4 bedroomed house, 4th bedroom used as as office/PC area, sons bedroom only big enough for a single bed, daughters shared a bedroom - had to have bunks as not enough room for 2 single beds and then there was our bedroom. There was no room for having sleep overs. In NZ it is quite common for kids to have their own area of the house. Ours have their own lounge and large double bedrooms each. They easily can have friends over to sleepovers as they alone have sleeping accommodation for 7.

Social activities are having friends and theirs kids over for dinner or a BBQ, rather than a night in the pub.

There are still activities for the not so sporty types, with loads of arts and crafts and music lessons available.

Gill
Old Aug 14th 2005, 10:43 am
Nice Tats

I have not...i dont think you could better the original ...Gene Wilder is a genius in it!