Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Is this the best NZ forum on the web?

Is this the best NZ forum on the web?

Old Feb 16th 2006, 9:21 pm
livewire

Default Is this the best NZ forum on the web?

I think it is.

This part of the forum used to be in with the Australian section for a long time and since the split it has taken some time for it to blossom and increase its membership but I think it is probably now the best one on the web.

Why?
Because the people that contribute to it are mostly helpful and genuine, we have a good team of moderators who work hard to keep things on an even keel and weed out the nasties. The people who post here usually have a decent sense of humour and there is a fair good exchange of useful information on NZ and other issues, and a lot of wit. I certainly like posting here.

Old Feb 17th 2006, 6:04 am
BE Forum Addict

Nice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Long live Expats...!

I agree.

Although I am not a member of any other forums, I do frequent another site as a visitor.

It seems to me that to become a member of said site one has to have extensive knowledge of football (I don’t), be a member of the in-crowd (I’m not) to not have any social, political, economic, technological or personal views or disagree with the moderator or the moderators merry little clique.

Can’t say I really want to be part of that.

Although I still assert this is still a very shallow website.
Old Feb 17th 2006, 6:27 am
Wind, earth, fire, water

User Name has a reputation beyond reputeUser Name has a reputation beyond reputeUser Name has a reputation beyond reputeUser Name has a reputation beyond reputeUser Name has a reputation beyond reputeUser Name has a reputation beyond reputeUser Name has a reputation beyond reputeUser Name has a reputation beyond reputeUser Name has a reputation beyond reputeUser Name has a reputation beyond reputeUser Name has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Is this the best NZ forum on the web?

Originally Posted by livewire
I think it is.
Absolutely doodly. Better than Life. Better than standing crunched up to Mr. Blobby in a packed lift. (Based on lines from the BBC's RED DWARF.)

POSITIVELY POSITIVLEY SOMETHING !
Old Feb 17th 2006, 7:36 am
livewire

Absolutely one of the best shows ever shown on TV.

Nice Guy, you missed out "****** ** ******* **********" from your list but let's not go there. I'd rather visit the Prancing Pony any night.

Last edited by Pinkie Pie; Feb 18th 2006 at 2:00 pm.

Old Feb 17th 2006, 10:08 am
BE Forum Addict

Nice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Better than "you know where"

Ahhh…………..yes, my apologies, I forgot about dear old Bob Hope……..plus let’s not forget <snip>.

Incidentally there is one person in particular that gets up the nose of the moderator whom also posts on here………and a jolly decent chap he is as well!

At least he does not take “Bob”.

Last edited by Pinkie Pie; Feb 18th 2006 at 2:03 pm.
Old Feb 17th 2006, 11:08 am
BE Enthusiast

Paladin has much to be proud ofPaladin has much to be proud ofPaladin has much to be proud ofPaladin has much to be proud ofPaladin has much to be proud ofPaladin has much to be proud ofPaladin has much to be proud ofPaladin has much to be proud ofPaladin has much to be proud ofPaladin has much to be proud ofPaladin has much to be proud of

Have to admit I haven't surfed around checking other NZ forums, BUT this one is very helpful and friendly for the most part. I think over the last year it has become better in both repects too.

WHO IS the competition anyway?????

It's a "thumbs up" for me!!!
Dave
Old Feb 17th 2006, 6:18 pm
Forum Regular

Radio Ham has a spectacular aura aboutRadio Ham has a spectacular aura aboutRadio Ham has a spectacular aura about

I'm really a single forum kind of guy and his place rocks!
I have learned so much here..
.. I hope it all gets put to good use from 28th April !
Old Feb 17th 2006, 8:31 pm
Don't let me get me....

Pinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Better than "you know where"

Nice Guy, you missed out "****** ** ******* **********" from your list but let's not go there.
Originally Posted by Nice Guy
Ahhh…………..yes, my apologies, I forgot about dear old Bob Hope……..plus let’s not forget <snip>.

Incidentally there is one person in particular that gets up the nose of the moderator whom also posts on here………and a jolly decent chap he is as well!

At least he does not take “Bob”.
Ahem...Livewire/Nice Guy....I've worked it out so I'm sure others will too...

so please can I refer you to Number 7

http://britishexpats.com/forum/faq.p...q_new_faq_item

and ask you to kindly refrain si vous plait...

Last edited by Pinkie Pie; Feb 18th 2006 at 2:04 pm.
Old Feb 17th 2006, 8:48 pm
Don't let me get me....

Pinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond repute

I think it is.

This part of the forum used to be in with the Australian section for a long time and since the split it has taken some time for it to blossom and increase its membership but I think it is probably now the best one on the web.

Why?
Because the people that contribute to it are mostly helpful and genuine, we have a good team of moderators who work hard to keep things on an even keel and weed out the nasties. The people who post here usually have a decent sense of humour and there is a fair good exchange of useful information on NZ and other issues, and a lot of wit. I certainly like posting here.
Agree with you Livewire...it is a great place for finding out stuff that admittedly you probably would find elsewhere too but it would take you a lot longer maybe...and I've made some really great 'cyber' friends along the way...hopefully we'll all get together one day for a huge party!! Drinks are on me...well, the first one anyhoo...

p.s. we do try our best as mods to be even-handed, impartial, and firm but fair...
Old Feb 17th 2006, 8:50 pm
BE Forum Addict

Fully understood...............speaking for myself only............
Old Feb 17th 2006, 8:52 pm
BE Forum Addict

At least you were kind enough not to call me a silly arse............
Old Feb 17th 2006, 8:55 pm
Don't let me get me....

Fully understood...............speaking for myself only............
I know and of course you are entitled to your opinions but you just ain't allowed on this point...against the rules...
At least you were kind enough not to call me a silly arse............
And I never would!!

I have however, just once, called someone an 'utter *rse' ...but that was in the Lounge and they really did deserve it coz they were being one!!

To me, personally, 'silly *rse' is a term of affection/humour...

Last edited by Pinkie Pie; Feb 17th 2006 at 9:22 pm.
Old Feb 17th 2006, 9:36 pm
Don't let me get me....

Livewire...your pm inbox is full!! Will you empty it so I can send you a message please...ta
Old Feb 18th 2006, 6:42 am

P18PPS has a reputation beyond reputeP18PPS has a reputation beyond reputeP18PPS has a reputation beyond reputeP18PPS has a reputation beyond reputeP18PPS has a reputation beyond reputeP18PPS has a reputation beyond reputeP18PPS has a reputation beyond reputeP18PPS has a reputation beyond reputeP18PPS has a reputation beyond reputeP18PPS has a reputation beyond reputeP18PPS has a reputation beyond repute
Talking Re: Is this the best NZ forum on the web?

I/We've not been onto any other sites, so can't comment. It is addictive though, you post and you're waiting to see who, what and how someone responds; whether they have a sense of humour; etc. !!

On a serious note though we've gained some really useful information that has helped us loads.

On a stupid note there are some complete arseh***s who are devoid of any personality or humour. And yes a few trolls as well.

I/we love the site though, perhaps the moderators get a bit over protective sometimes ... just when things get interesting he he he!! that's the masochist in me!

Great job though, really good site.
Old Feb 18th 2006, 2:10 pm
Don't let me get me....

Originally Posted by P18PPS
perhaps the moderators get a bit over protective sometimes ... just when things get interesting he he he!! that's the masochist in me!
Objection your Honour!!

On the whole we tend to let things tick along for the most part unless there is cause to intervene...

'interesting' for some may be the cause of numerous complaints from others...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.