Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Best mozzie killer please?

Best mozzie killer please?

Old Mar 22nd 2009, 4:52 am
BE Forum Addict

Genesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond repute
Default Best mozzie killer please?

Felix is being eaten alive!! SOS!!!! Which is the best mozzie killer or deterent please? Many thanks from Felix in advance of your replies!!
Old Mar 22nd 2009, 5:01 am
Forum Regular

Trenchfoot is a name known to allTrenchfoot is a name known to allTrenchfoot is a name known to allTrenchfoot is a name known to allTrenchfoot is a name known to allTrenchfoot is a name known to allTrenchfoot is a name known to allTrenchfoot is a name known to allTrenchfoot is a name known to allTrenchfoot is a name known to allTrenchfoot is a name known to all
Default Re: Best mozzie killer please?

Originally Posted by Genesis
Felix is being eaten alive!! SOS!!!! Which is the best mozzie killer or deterent please? Many thanks from Felix in advance of your replies!!
Stick a mortein mozzie plug in the room and cover him in Repel Ultra.

The mortein thing is relatively expensive on a cost per night basis but it beats the hell out of getting bitten by the little b*******. The Repel stuff works a treat, smells a bit, but it does the job.

8 bites on one leg one night hence the experience of bulk buying mozzie kit
Old Mar 22nd 2009, 5:32 am
Who loves you, baby?

sparkie down under has a reputation beyond reputesparkie down under has a reputation beyond reputesparkie down under has a reputation beyond reputesparkie down under has a reputation beyond reputesparkie down under has a reputation beyond reputesparkie down under has a reputation beyond reputesparkie down under has a reputation beyond reputesparkie down under has a reputation beyond reputesparkie down under has a reputation beyond reputesparkie down under has a reputation beyond reputesparkie down under has a reputation beyond repute

we use that natural phyeritol (like I can spell that) stuff, Works well.
Old Mar 22nd 2009, 5:34 am
BE Forum Addict

Genesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Trenchfoot
Stick a mortein mozzie plug in the room and cover him in Repel Ultra.

The mortein thing is relatively expensive on a cost per night basis but it beats the hell out of getting bitten by the little b*******. The Repel stuff works a treat, smells a bit, but it does the job.

8 bites on one leg one night hence the experience of bulk buying mozzie kit
Cheers mate..we have a serial sucker in his room, we have tried to find the bugger but to no avail. We will endeavour to source your recommendation.

Death to all blood sucking insects.
Old Mar 22nd 2009, 5:35 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by sparkie down under
we use that natural phyeritol (like I can spell that) stuff, Works well.
Thank you too..will look at that stuff aswell.
Old Mar 22nd 2009, 5:44 am
Forum Regular

Trenchfoot is a name known to allTrenchfoot is a name known to allTrenchfoot is a name known to allTrenchfoot is a name known to allTrenchfoot is a name known to allTrenchfoot is a name known to allTrenchfoot is a name known to allTrenchfoot is a name known to allTrenchfoot is a name known to allTrenchfoot is a name known to allTrenchfoot is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Genesis
Death to all blood sucking insects.
Yep, I'd vote for that.

Any chemist should stock the anti-mozzie stuff.

Funny innit, the buggers only go for me. The wife and 3-year-old never get bitten. Must be somehting about the high quality of my pure pommy blood (wife's Souf Efriken, meaning the boy has some bok blood in him, making them both immune). Discerning mozzies, I need that like a hole in the head!
Old Mar 22nd 2009, 6:03 am
BE Forum Addict

crap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond repute

Sorry to hear that genesis.

can't help you, because we do not have mozzies in Welly .... that's one BIG reason why I am happy to be stuck in windy, grey & miserably cold Welly ... hhhmmm. didn't realize that there ARE loads of Blood Suckers! in Palmy...

each time going overseas, (most of the time) I am bitten terribly by (what so ever) nasty bugs and come back to Welly with ugly horrible bite scars - last year wasn't exception, either. I am not happy with it, cos it ruins my beautiful skin....:curse: how strange is that... there's no proper medicine for it (for myself) in overseas...because, the locals don't get (weird) bitten...by weird bugs... unlike me....docs and pharmacists just don't know about it .... ... What the Hell is that.

anyway hope you can sort it out soon.
Old Mar 23rd 2009, 11:16 am
BE Enthusiast

julesnye is a splendid one to beholdjulesnye is a splendid one to beholdjulesnye is a splendid one to beholdjulesnye is a splendid one to beholdjulesnye is a splendid one to beholdjulesnye is a splendid one to beholdjulesnye is a splendid one to beholdjulesnye is a splendid one to beholdjulesnye is a splendid one to beholdjulesnye is a splendid one to beholdjulesnye is a splendid one to behold

there are also mozzie repel bands you can wear on your wrists and ankles.

They might help.

Otherwise try the robocan for a few squirts in the doorway to the room a couple of hours before he goes to bed.
Old Mar 23rd 2009, 8:32 pm
Just Joined

yorkshire girl has a spectacular aura aboutyorkshire girl has a spectacular aura aboutyorkshire girl has a spectacular aura about

Try a fan, apparently mozzies don't like moving air. We have a fan in each bedroom and windows open and not one bite
No chemicals and cool in summer, the perfect solution. The only problem is you can't walk round with a large electric fan but for night time its worth a try
Victoria
Old Mar 24th 2009, 6:37 am
Account Closed

Dustybin is an unknown quantity at this point

a bloke in thailand told us to get drunk. Apparently they don't like blood with alcohol in it..

Works for me!
Old Mar 24th 2009, 9:04 am
BE Forum Addict

crap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Dustybin
a bloke in thailand told us to get drunk. Apparently they don't like blood with alcohol in it..

Works for me!
Should I get drunk heavily (necessarily) ? ? make them hate me (enough)?

a pint of beer will do? - a pint of beer isn't enough for me to get drunk. I need to drink my age in pints (31 pints) that is usually enough to make me pretty damn drunk.
Old Mar 24th 2009, 2:08 pm
BE Enthusiast

julesnye is a splendid one to beholdjulesnye is a splendid one to beholdjulesnye is a splendid one to beholdjulesnye is a splendid one to beholdjulesnye is a splendid one to beholdjulesnye is a splendid one to beholdjulesnye is a splendid one to beholdjulesnye is a splendid one to beholdjulesnye is a splendid one to beholdjulesnye is a splendid one to beholdjulesnye is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by crap coffee
(31 pints) that is usually enough to make me pretty damn drunk.
I've never drunk that much

24 was my limit