Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Best Curry in Auckland?

Best Curry in Auckland?

Old Mar 16th 2010, 10:46 pm
Forum Regular

NZGrl is a splendid one to beholdNZGrl is a splendid one to beholdNZGrl is a splendid one to beholdNZGrl is a splendid one to beholdNZGrl is a splendid one to beholdNZGrl is a splendid one to beholdNZGrl is a splendid one to beholdNZGrl is a splendid one to beholdNZGrl is a splendid one to beholdNZGrl is a splendid one to beholdNZGrl is a splendid one to behold
Default Best Curry in Auckland?

Heading to the North Shore after work and I really fancy a decent curry. Does anyone have any recomendations of where to go?

Thanks

Amanda
Old Mar 17th 2010, 6:09 am
Jedi Princess

kiwi_child has a reputation beyond reputekiwi_child has a reputation beyond reputekiwi_child has a reputation beyond reputekiwi_child has a reputation beyond reputekiwi_child has a reputation beyond reputekiwi_child has a reputation beyond reputekiwi_child has a reputation beyond reputekiwi_child has a reputation beyond reputekiwi_child has a reputation beyond reputekiwi_child has a reputation beyond reputekiwi_child has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Best Curry in Auckland?

I don't live in Auckland anymore but this link might prove helpful. Bon Appetit!

http://yellow.co.nz/search/North+Sho...an+food-1.html
Old Mar 17th 2010, 5:10 pm
BE Enthusiast

whitesand is a splendid one to beholdwhitesand is a splendid one to beholdwhitesand is a splendid one to beholdwhitesand is a splendid one to beholdwhitesand is a splendid one to beholdwhitesand is a splendid one to beholdwhitesand is a splendid one to beholdwhitesand is a splendid one to beholdwhitesand is a splendid one to beholdwhitesand is a splendid one to beholdwhitesand is a splendid one to behold

There's an interesting looking one in Milford round the corner from the shopping centre. Can't remember the name, but it looks quite posh. Haven't eaten there so can't tell you about the food.
Old Mar 17th 2010, 7:59 pm
Just Joined

expatkath is an unknown quantity at this point

I"d recommend Nite Spice in Torbay Village. $10 mains, happy hour for beer 5-7pm, screen showing Bollywood movies which does a good job hypnotising our kids when we take them! Nice friendly atmosphere, very popular with locals which is always a good sign, does a roaring trade in takeaways too.
Old Mar 17th 2010, 8:25 pm
Forum Regular

NZGrl is a splendid one to beholdNZGrl is a splendid one to beholdNZGrl is a splendid one to beholdNZGrl is a splendid one to beholdNZGrl is a splendid one to beholdNZGrl is a splendid one to beholdNZGrl is a splendid one to beholdNZGrl is a splendid one to beholdNZGrl is a splendid one to beholdNZGrl is a splendid one to beholdNZGrl is a splendid one to behold

I ended up going to Flavours of India in Browns Bay and the food was great. Nice rich thick sauces...my kids reckon that its the best butter chicken they had ever tasted....and me from Yorkshire who has had some great currys in Bradford thought it was pretty nice too!