Reload this Page >

Best Broadband / TV Services

Best Broadband / TV Services

Old May 23rd 2014, 9:56 pm
Gooner

weavos is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Best Broadband / TV Services

Hi,

My wife and I are moving into our own place next week, after living at her parents for the last 3 weeks. Was just wondering what the best deals are with broadband, and if anyone can recommend a service provider.
From what ive read, it looks like there are some cheap uncapped deals out there, but not from the "big boys", so was wondering whether the service would be as strong as telecom/vodafone etc...

Also, does SKY sports show any premier league football?

Cheers,
Dave
Old May 23rd 2014, 10:34 pm
BE Forum Addict

barnsleymat has a reputation beyond reputebarnsleymat has a reputation beyond reputebarnsleymat has a reputation beyond reputebarnsleymat has a reputation beyond reputebarnsleymat has a reputation beyond reputebarnsleymat has a reputation beyond reputebarnsleymat has a reputation beyond reputebarnsleymat has a reputation beyond reputebarnsleymat has a reputation beyond reputebarnsleymat has a reputation beyond reputebarnsleymat has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Best Broadband / TV Services

Sky Sports does show some delayed prem matches, they show matches featuring Man Utd, Man City, Spurs & Arsenal. Sommet Sports on freeview do the same with Liverpool & Chelsea games. There's only one way to watch every single prem game live and that's the online service Premier League Pass, for $150 a season you get to watch every match live broadcast over the internet, you can watch it either on your computer, a tablet or through a smart tv.

I've only ever used zircon for broadband and they've been alright, not the cheapest but pretty good.
Old May 25th 2014, 8:46 pm
Forum Regular

S_and_T is a jewel in the roughS_and_T is a jewel in the roughS_and_T is a jewel in the roughS_and_T is a jewel in the roughS_and_T is a jewel in the rough

We use Vodafone and have found them very good. We pay $90 for 80Gb of data, but they are now offering unlimited data caps. If you have a mobile contract with them, they will also give you $10 off your broadband bill each month.
Old May 25th 2014, 11:31 pm
Forum Regular

PHONEJUNKY is a splendid one to beholdPHONEJUNKY is a splendid one to beholdPHONEJUNKY is a splendid one to beholdPHONEJUNKY is a splendid one to beholdPHONEJUNKY is a splendid one to beholdPHONEJUNKY is a splendid one to beholdPHONEJUNKY is a splendid one to beholdPHONEJUNKY is a splendid one to beholdPHONEJUNKY is a splendid one to beholdPHONEJUNKY is a splendid one to beholdPHONEJUNKY is a splendid one to behold

I use compass broadband in Auckland. I have naked Broadband as i dont want a house phone and line rental that comes with it. I used my modem/router i brought with me from UK and it all works great. I get 100gb a month for $72.90 inc gst
Old May 27th 2014, 10:25 am
BE Enthusiast

Robbo25 has a reputation beyond reputeRobbo25 has a reputation beyond reputeRobbo25 has a reputation beyond reputeRobbo25 has a reputation beyond reputeRobbo25 has a reputation beyond reputeRobbo25 has a reputation beyond reputeRobbo25 has a reputation beyond reputeRobbo25 has a reputation beyond reputeRobbo25 has a reputation beyond reputeRobbo25 has a reputation beyond reputeRobbo25 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by S_and_T
We use Vodafone and have found them very good. We pay $90 for 80Gb of data, but they are now offering unlimited data caps. If you have a mobile contract with them, they will also give you $10 off your broadband bill each month.
Vodafone are fine until it goes wrong, their call centre is legendary for not answering as so under-staffed. They actually give $30 off if on the right mobile contract if using Naked Broadband, however I went to Telecom who do the exact same package as well and do have people answering the phones.
Old Jun 5th 2014, 7:25 am
jmh
BE Forum Addict

jmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond repute

I use Slingshot for broadband which is competitive. They have Global mode which means you can access BBC iPlayer with no extra gadgets or downloads. Worth it's weight in gold to me. I hope to sign up for netflix when I move - should work with Global mode although I haven't tried it yet.
Old Jun 6th 2014, 1:28 am
BE Enthusiast

ellenarosemary has a reputation beyond reputeellenarosemary has a reputation beyond reputeellenarosemary has a reputation beyond reputeellenarosemary has a reputation beyond reputeellenarosemary has a reputation beyond reputeellenarosemary has a reputation beyond reputeellenarosemary has a reputation beyond reputeellenarosemary has a reputation beyond reputeellenarosemary has a reputation beyond reputeellenarosemary has a reputation beyond reputeellenarosemary has a reputation beyond repute

We use Telecom, be aware though if you live in a rural district you might have to wait for your telephone and or broadband connection.

We had to wait 3 months for a connection as it was full, so basically someone in front of us had to give up theirs before we could have it. We were initially number 3 on the list (regardless of supplier)

Mangaroa is due to be upgraded in June 2015 if anyones interested and currently waiting.
Old Jun 6th 2014, 1:43 am
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by ellenarosemary
We use Telecom, be aware though if you live in a rural district you might have to wait for your telephone and or broadband connection.

We had to wait 3 months for a connection as it was full, so basically someone in front of us had to give up theirs before we could have it.
Same here.