Best Areas to live within 45mins of Auckland Airport

Best Areas to live within 45mins of Auckland Airport

Old Jul 9th 2007, 1:10 am
Forum Regular

moppet30 will become famous soon enoughmoppet30 will become famous soon enough
Default Best Areas to live within 45mins of Auckland Airport

Hi everyone,
I have posted once but can't find the thread so thought I’d try again

We are looking at buying a house within commuting distance of Auckland airport, we are happy to travel up to 45 mins each way to find a better home for our money if that will help. Would appreciate anyone’s advise on where is nice and where to avoid and it doesn’t need to be near Auckland as we like the quiet life in general.

Thanks guys
Old Jul 9th 2007, 1:22 am
BE Forum Addict

danny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Best Areas to live within 45mins of Auckland Airport

Your best bet's Wellington-it's only an hour away!!
Old Jul 9th 2007, 1:34 am

happynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nice

Originally Posted by moppet30
Hi everyone,

We are looking at buying a house within commuting distance of Auckland airport, we are happy to travel up to 45 mins each way to find a better home for our money if that will help. Would appreciate anyone’s advise on where is nice and where to avoid and it doesn’t need to be near Auckland as we like the quiet life in general.

Thanks guys
Pukekohe?
Old Jul 9th 2007, 3:47 am
BE Forum Addict

SarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond repute

It takes me just under an hour to get to the Airport from Beachlands. Its pretty nice over this way.
Old Jul 9th 2007, 6:16 am
Actually just Adie

Jac&Adie is a glorious beacon of lightJac&Adie is a glorious beacon of lightJac&Adie is a glorious beacon of lightJac&Adie is a glorious beacon of lightJac&Adie is a glorious beacon of lightJac&Adie is a glorious beacon of lightJac&Adie is a glorious beacon of lightJac&Adie is a glorious beacon of lightJac&Adie is a glorious beacon of lightJac&Adie is a glorious beacon of lightJac&Adie is a glorious beacon of light

Hi everyone,

Thanks guys
Hi there,

We lived in Papakura, for 3 months after we arived, nice town centre with all the shops you need and then a few more, only 25mins from airport. However, the crime rate is higher average 10 breaks-ins a week in the local area. Now live in Upper hutt, saved $130 on insurance premiums. (see Spackstars post under 'Crime in NZ')

Depending on budget, If you have more money Beechland is very nice, or at the cheaper end Waiuku is nice although a bit hicksville in some areas. Pukekohe is good, however the train service to AKL is sh1t so a bit of a drive, and motorway is always crap just south of Papakura (lots of accidents)

Hope this helps

Adie

Last edited by Jac&Adie; Jul 9th 2007 at 6:18 am.
Old Jul 9th 2007, 6:40 am
Forum Regular

Thanks everyone

Hi Adie, we are looking to spend around 400.000 or less if possible would that get us a decent property in a good area do you think? there are only the two of us no kids.

thanks for your help
Old Jul 9th 2007, 7:16 am
BE Enthusiast

spackster has much to be proud ofspackster has much to be proud ofspackster has much to be proud ofspackster has much to be proud ofspackster has much to be proud ofspackster has much to be proud ofspackster has much to be proud ofspackster has much to be proud ofspackster has much to be proud ofspackster has much to be proud ofspackster has much to be proud of

Thanks everyone

Hi Adie, we are looking to spend around 400.000 or less if possible would that get us a decent property in a good area do you think? there are only the two of us no kids.

thanks for your help
Prices in Papakura are around $300k for a 3 bed, on small section. Puke is more expensive, but a better area, and if it was my money I would not buy in Papakura ! If we had stayed in the area we probably have tried to buy in Clevedon with similar budget, however at that price the market is very tight, not much around.

I would suggest you look around, there are some nice places on that money in the area you need, read local papers for the areas you are interested in, gives you an idea of crime, also insurance co. will tell which areas are better.

If you want rural then look out towards Waiuku, there are good places for 400K and it is about 45mins to airport at 7.30am

Sorry can't help more, we never looked at buying that closely as we're more focused on finding work, and that is what brought us to welly. Which as Danny F helpfully pointed out is only an hour away (plus the drive to the airport).

However I wish you luck, if in doubt rent in an area first.

all the best

Adie
(the missis didn't sign out)
Old Jul 9th 2007, 7:28 am
BE Forum Addict

SarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond repute

I'm afraid that 400k wont buy you much round here.

We get the Property Press later on in the week... if you want to PM me your name and address I dont mind sending it to you for you to look at. I think last weeks just went out with the recyling today.

Cheers, Sarah
Old Jul 9th 2007, 7:50 am
Forum Regular

Thanks sarah i've PMD you
Old Jul 9th 2007, 11:08 pm

P18PPS has a reputation beyond reputeP18PPS has a reputation beyond reputeP18PPS has a reputation beyond reputeP18PPS has a reputation beyond reputeP18PPS has a reputation beyond reputeP18PPS has a reputation beyond reputeP18PPS has a reputation beyond reputeP18PPS has a reputation beyond reputeP18PPS has a reputation beyond reputeP18PPS has a reputation beyond reputeP18PPS has a reputation beyond repute

Hi everyone,

Thanks guys

some days 45 mins won't get you passed the mangere bridge!!!!!
Old Jul 10th 2007, 10:30 am
Banned

RADI is just really niceRADI is just really niceRADI is just really niceRADI is just really niceRADI is just really niceRADI is just really niceRADI is just really niceRADI is just really niceRADI is just really nice

Originally Posted by Jac&Adie
Hi there,

We lived in Papakura, for 3 months after we arived, nice town centre with all the shops you need and then a few more, only 25mins from airport. However, the crime rate is higher average 10 breaks-ins a week in the local area. Now live in Upper hutt, saved $130 on insurance premiums. (see Spackstars post under 'Crime in NZ')

Adie

good choice we love it in Upper Hutt also .Auckland too spread out and poor commuting without a doubt as I found out last week when there on company business for just 2 days ,that was enough.