Reload this Page >

Best approach for non skilled ?

Best approach for non skilled ?

Old Mar 23rd 2008, 7:19 pm
Just Joined

bmw_driver will become famous soon enough
Default Best approach for non skilled ?

Hi all,

What’s the best approach for non skilled workers.

We’ve been reading up on the NZ immigration site and it looks like the skilled route
is out of the question for us as we don’t have degrees or any formal qualifications other than basic O levels.

At the moment we both work for Mercedes and have done for the last 10 years, Tracy is currently a project analyst but with several years experience in credit control and I’m a Fleet administer with experience in all aspects of vehicle leasing but also owned and run my own property maintenance company for four years.

We are just about to email the HR department in NZ with ours CV’s and intentions and
are hoping that at least one of us will come out with a job offer, fingers crossed for us.

We’re guessing that an application with a firm job offer will look more favourable ?
Old Mar 23rd 2008, 7:27 pm
BE Forum Addict

Genesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Best approach for non skilled ?

Originally Posted by bmw_driver
Hi all,

We’ve been reading up on the NZ immigration site and it looks like the skilled route
is out of the question for us as we don’t have degrees or any formal qualifications other than basic O levels.

At the moment we both work for Mercedes and have done for the last 10 years, Tracy is currently a project analyst but with several years experience in credit control and I’m a Fleet administer with experience in all aspects of vehicle leasing but also owned and run my own property maintenance company for four years.

We are just about to email the HR department in NZ with ours CV’s and intentions and
are hoping that at least one of us will come out with a job offer, fingers crossed for us.

We’re guessing that an application with a firm job offer will look more favourable ?
Hi, my understanding is that you will need the above. Many people come here with jobs way off the skills list. As I understand it you need to seek an employment offer from an accredited employer who
can prove their inability to fill the job by an NZ citizen. Its as easy as that. You then apply for PR while you are here on your work visa if that is what you wish to do. NZ has a huge employment problem and there are never enough staff..even totally unskilled ones like me!!

If you really want to be here you will find a job..there are loads of recruitment agencies..just do a Google..and remember THEY CHARGE THE CLIENT..not you.

If they try to walk away and call the next agency. Good luck. NZ is really very, very wonderful, even with all its faults!!!! After 3 years we are still buzzing!!!!
Old Mar 23rd 2008, 10:25 pm
Just Joined

emmiegiggles is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Genesis
Hi, my understanding is that you will need the above. Many people come here with jobs way off the skills list. As I understand it you need to seek an employment offer from an accredited employer who
can prove their inability to fill the job by an NZ citizen. Its as easy as that. You then apply for PR while you are here on your work visa if that is what you wish to do. NZ has a huge employment problem and there are never enough staff..even totally unskilled ones like me!!

If you really want to be here you will find a job..there are loads of recruitment agencies..just do a Google..and remember THEY CHARGE THE CLIENT..not you.

If they try to walk away and call the next agency. Good luck. NZ is really very, very wonderful, even with all its faults!!!! After 3 years we are still buzzing!!!!
hi ya, i have just read all your posts. i work in education over here. i have a childcare level 3 qualification (NNEB equivalent) and really interested in coming over to NZ. i have been for a couple of years now. i have found the final decision very hard to make because of family. but i know it is such the est move for my hubby, son and i.

we are now looking very strongly to moving over there and have a year timeline. is this realistic?

Emmie
Old Mar 24th 2008, 8:38 am
Forum Regular

Bonniewoo has a brilliant futureBonniewoo has a brilliant futureBonniewoo has a brilliant futureBonniewoo has a brilliant futureBonniewoo has a brilliant futureBonniewoo has a brilliant futureBonniewoo has a brilliant futureBonniewoo has a brilliant future

Hi all,

Hello,

My OH has been in the motortrade for donkey's years and has lots of qualifications but not necessarily the right ones. We sent everything off to NZQA to see if they could assess it all and hopefully come back with the required level, still waiting to hear after two months and hoping no news is good news. Regardless of the result we're still going for it and we're just about ready to put the house up for sale.

Anyway, we contacted www.automotiveemployment.co.nz and they advised that there are shortages in all levels of the motortrade not just the skilled jobs, so if you want to go, you should be able to find something for both of you.

We're going down the work permit route with two kids and dog and will keep everything crossed further down the line that we can get PR.

Good luck to you both & check out the automotive site!

Lisa x
Old Mar 24th 2008, 5:43 pm
Banned

James1st is a name known to allJames1st is a name known to allJames1st is a name known to allJames1st is a name known to allJames1st is a name known to allJames1st is a name known to allJames1st is a name known to allJames1st is a name known to allJames1st is a name known to allJames1st is a name known to allJames1st is a name known to all

Hi all,

Take a look at the Business visa - this is probably the best route to get you in.
Old Mar 24th 2008, 6:34 pm
BE Forum Addict

Genesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by emmiegiggles
hi ya, i have just read all your posts. i work in education over here. i have a childcare level 3 qualification (NNEB equivalent) and really interested in coming over to NZ. i have been for a couple of years now. i have found the final decision very hard to make because of family. but i know it is such the est move for my hubby, son and i.

we are now looking very strongly to moving over there and have a year timeline. is this realistic?

Emmie
Hi Emmie, we did it in 6 months from begin to end, if you have a job offer or are on the skills shortage doing it in a year is easy, the tricky thing in the mix is selling your UK house I understand, is yours sold?? Luckily ours went quickly to someone I dragged off the street who eventually bought it!!

Where are you headed?? Hopefully in 12 months the exchange rate will be in your favour..because it is not now!!!!! We have money in the UK but will not move it because of the awful rate.
Old Mar 24th 2008, 9:35 pm
Maz

Maz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Genesis
We have money in the UK but will not move it because of the awful rate.
You might want to open a foreign currency account here, in GBP, and move the money over. Simple reason - higher interest rates. Granted, you won't get what they're currently offering for NZ$ accounts here, but I bet it'll be higher than what you're getting in the UK. Worth looking in to.
Old Mar 25th 2008, 12:33 am

Nerine is an unknown quantity at this point

With a background like that why aren't you looking at Australia?