Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Bergy's Moving List - Help/Advice Much Appreciated!

Bergy's Moving List - Help/Advice Much Appreciated!

Old Jul 29th 2010, 11:08 am
Forum Regular

DennisBergkamp has much to be proud ofDennisBergkamp has much to be proud ofDennisBergkamp has much to be proud ofDennisBergkamp has much to be proud ofDennisBergkamp has much to be proud ofDennisBergkamp has much to be proud ofDennisBergkamp has much to be proud ofDennisBergkamp has much to be proud ofDennisBergkamp has much to be proud ofDennisBergkamp has much to be proud ofDennisBergkamp has much to be proud of
Default Re: Bergy's Moving List - Help/Advice Much Appreciated!

Originally Posted by lisamct
I have a one way ticket. I think if it states on your visa 'Outward passage waived' or if you have a visa for more than a year (as you cant buy return tickets for more than a year in advance) your fine with a one way ticket.

I called round a few travel insurance places to find something as regular insurance wont be valid if your not returning home. There's lots of places do one way policies, some more expensive than others but I eventually got mine with Travel Direct who gave me 10 days cover which covers traveling and my first week in the country for about £20.
HTH
excellent. I'll check them out!
I also have Outward passage waived on my visa.
thanks
Old Jul 30th 2010, 9:24 pm
Forum Regular

DennisBergkamp has much to be proud ofDennisBergkamp has much to be proud ofDennisBergkamp has much to be proud ofDennisBergkamp has much to be proud ofDennisBergkamp has much to be proud ofDennisBergkamp has much to be proud ofDennisBergkamp has much to be proud ofDennisBergkamp has much to be proud ofDennisBergkamp has much to be proud ofDennisBergkamp has much to be proud ofDennisBergkamp has much to be proud of

Got flights sorted now
travel insurance next

things getting ticked off eventually!
Old Jul 30th 2010, 9:36 pm
Cow on the Beach

Wooly_Cow has a reputation beyond reputeWooly_Cow has a reputation beyond reputeWooly_Cow has a reputation beyond reputeWooly_Cow has a reputation beyond reputeWooly_Cow has a reputation beyond reputeWooly_Cow has a reputation beyond reputeWooly_Cow has a reputation beyond reputeWooly_Cow has a reputation beyond reputeWooly_Cow has a reputation beyond reputeWooly_Cow has a reputation beyond reputeWooly_Cow has a reputation beyond repute

If you are flying Air NZ...get the Frequent Flyer card whislt you are still in the UK as it's free. It costs when you are over here!
Old Aug 2nd 2010, 9:34 am
Forum Regular

Hi again,

I have signed up with UKForex to get the beat deal on exchanging money

I think my bank in NZ offerd 2.11
i'll try and beat that and the fees!
Old Aug 9th 2010, 10:15 pm
Forum Regular

I have a digital radio from the UK

Does anyone know if that will work in NZ?
Old Oct 5th 2010, 3:30 pm
Forum Regular

Everything is nearly done
Just packing up

20kg is nothing for the suitcase (Malaysian Airlines dont give extra for migrants)

Rammed 3 boxes full of stuff which need to be shipped, so another 70 odd kg

Hopefully all done by tomorrow night!

got 5 viewings arranged for longterm place to stay - so hopefully by next thursday i'll sign on the dotted line.
Old Oct 5th 2010, 11:16 pm
~^_^~

shelloid has a reputation beyond reputeshelloid has a reputation beyond reputeshelloid has a reputation beyond reputeshelloid has a reputation beyond reputeshelloid has a reputation beyond reputeshelloid has a reputation beyond reputeshelloid has a reputation beyond reputeshelloid has a reputation beyond reputeshelloid has a reputation beyond reputeshelloid has a reputation beyond reputeshelloid has a reputation beyond repute

for you - that you get it all packed up and that you find a decent rental when you get here
Old Oct 6th 2010, 12:35 am
Queen of the Underworld

Persephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond repute

Good luck, hope it all goes well

Have a good flight!