Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Ben lurking for a few years, now its time to step forwards and post something.

Ben lurking for a few years, now its time to step forwards and post something.

Old May 24th 2008, 9:53 pm
Forum Regular

Dave n Ann is just really niceDave n Ann is just really niceDave n Ann is just really niceDave n Ann is just really niceDave n Ann is just really niceDave n Ann is just really niceDave n Ann is just really niceDave n Ann is just really nice
Smile Ben lurking for a few years, now its time to step forwards and post something.

Hi everyone,
I'm Dave and the wife's Ann, you probably guessed that by our name...none the less, mother said one must introduce ones self properly. Enough of all that pomp and ceremony...

We,ve been over last easter and zoomed around the north island for 12 days.
Well be over for longer during school summer hols (I'm a tech teacher at secondary school in the uk) aiming to soak up as much of Rotorua as possible.

Anyone done rotorua in a camper during august, any advice?

Power light has come on and I can't be bothered to go and find the wire, gonna say bye now and see you in the morning,
TTFN
Old May 25th 2008, 6:44 am
Forum Regular

hjmilligan is a glorious beacon of lighthjmilligan is a glorious beacon of lighthjmilligan is a glorious beacon of lighthjmilligan is a glorious beacon of lighthjmilligan is a glorious beacon of lighthjmilligan is a glorious beacon of lighthjmilligan is a glorious beacon of lighthjmilligan is a glorious beacon of lighthjmilligan is a glorious beacon of lighthjmilligan is a glorious beacon of lighthjmilligan is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Ben lurking for a few years, now its time to step forwards and post something.

Welcome to the forum Dave and Ann. Havent been to the north island yet,but someone here will shout you some advise im sure.
Old May 26th 2008, 11:07 am
`

BEVS has disabled reputation
Default Re: Ben lurking for a few years, now its time to step forwards and post something.

Hi and welcome. Karma for your first posts.
Old May 26th 2008, 11:54 am
BE Forum Addict

chippy64 has a reputation beyond reputechippy64 has a reputation beyond reputechippy64 has a reputation beyond reputechippy64 has a reputation beyond reputechippy64 has a reputation beyond reputechippy64 has a reputation beyond reputechippy64 has a reputation beyond reputechippy64 has a reputation beyond reputechippy64 has a reputation beyond reputechippy64 has a reputation beyond reputechippy64 has a reputation beyond repute

We were in Rotorua for 2 nights last August but stayed at Blue Lake Holiday Park in a unit. Weather was a bit damp and chilly but nothing like a winter in UK (even South East UK!). We drove into town and visited the Kiwi Experience (excellent), the Gondola and Luge (brill), Zorbing (awesome!). We also went to the Buried Village which was on the same road as the holiday park and a Maori evening with Tamaki. On way out we went to the geo thermal springs - probably the weirdest and definitely the smelliest place I have ever been to! Anyway, no rain!
Old May 28th 2008, 1:54 pm
Forum Regular

Dave n Ann is just really niceDave n Ann is just really niceDave n Ann is just really niceDave n Ann is just really niceDave n Ann is just really niceDave n Ann is just really niceDave n Ann is just really niceDave n Ann is just really nice

Chippy,
Looks like you guys really did the Rotorua thing, quick moving for such a short time.
We only managed a few hours in a boilling hot and sulphurus spa, before legging it out of town to gisborne, pre booked motel.

Are you a chippy by trade?
I think I have also joined in on your teacher thread......small world eh?

I was a chippy till backache, brought on by a car hitting me, now a teacher of RM.

Lol.
Old May 28th 2008, 2:27 pm
BE Forum Addict

chippy64 has a reputation beyond reputechippy64 has a reputation beyond reputechippy64 has a reputation beyond reputechippy64 has a reputation beyond reputechippy64 has a reputation beyond reputechippy64 has a reputation beyond reputechippy64 has a reputation beyond reputechippy64 has a reputation beyond reputechippy64 has a reputation beyond reputechippy64 has a reputation beyond reputechippy64 has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Dave n Ann

My OH is indeed a chippy - he has a job offer in ChCh and our ITA went off just over a week ago.

We did love Rotorua - it just really smells!!!

Zorbing was so much fun - they put warm water in the ball. I screamed all the way down!

Have become addicted to this website - can't help poking my nose in all over the place!
Old May 28th 2008, 8:28 pm
Forum Regular

Congratulations on becomming a Zorbing granny.
I imagine it will all work out, just a few more headaches along the way.

I belive if you have PR the baby/hospital costs are covered.
I read something in Ian and sharon's "I got a story to tell", just beyond midway i think sharon gives birth.

Good luck n all that.
Old May 28th 2008, 8:43 pm
BE Forum Addict

Hmmm - granny - need to get my head round that!

Reading the immigration website, it says she cannot be counted as a dependent child if she has one of her own. Never mind that she lives at home and is full time at college! Where am I supposed to leave her? If PR granted soon, we could whisk her over there and then say 'Surprise!' maybe?

It's so daft - she had her future mapped out, now it's all up in the air. Even if she got back with boyfriend, he is in Army and off to Iraq in September (can't even begin to bring myself to start thinking about worse case scenarios).
Thanks for the kind words though. Think of us tomorrow - breaking it to her nan and her 2 younger brothers!