British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   New Zealand (https://britishexpats.com/forum/new-zealand-83/)
-   -   Ben and Jerry Sausages (https://britishexpats.com/forum/new-zealand-83/ben-jerry-sausages-467470/)

Steve and the Dragon Jul 19th 2007 9:59 pm

Ben and Jerry Sausages

Hi All
Have been reading this site for some time now and feel as though I know you all personally!! I am married to a kiwi, we are currently in the UK (rural Northants) but will be coming "home" in around 6 - 12 months. (visa's all sorted) - Just wanted to say hello to you all. This website is great and gives everyone so much info. We are sooooo looking forward to getting back. Think we should come back and market either Ben and Jerrys or good old english Sausages!!!
Take care all.
Jay xx

Am Loolah Jul 20th 2007 12:12 am

Re: Ben and Jerry Sausages

Originally Posted by Steve and the Dragon (Post 5079773)
Hi All
Have been reading this site for some time now and feel as though I know you all personally!! I am married to a kiwi, we are currently in the UK (rural Northants) but will be coming "home" in around 6 - 12 months. (visa's all sorted) - Just wanted to say hello to you all. This website is great and gives everyone so much info. We are sooooo looking forward to getting back. Think we should come back and market either Ben and Jerrys or good old english Sausages!!!
Take care all.
Jay xx

Hi Jay and welcome to the madhouse!!! I married a Kiwi too, they do have their uses don't they!!:thumbsup: There was me thinking Ben and Jerry had gone into the meat market!:o

P2L Jul 20th 2007 4:08 am

Originally Posted by Steve and the Dragon (Post 5079773)
Hi All
Take care all.
Jay xx

Hi Steve & the Dragon!!! (cool name :rofl:)

Welcome to BE or should I say madhouse. Whereabouts are you in Northants?? There's afew of us on here that are from the area. I went to school one side of the county & lived the other side this last few years!!

So where are you looking at going to when you land here??

Steve and the Dragon Jul 20th 2007 8:15 am

Hello to you,
Well we're not sure where just yet. We'd like to go to Christchurch (his home town) but it depends where the work is I guess. Anywhere would be great -though not down with the penguins!!
We are in a teeny tiny village outside Kettering (in the wop wops as the other half says). Blink and you miss it.
Yes, seems to me that a lot of people miss the ice cream and sausages - but hey you never know - maybe the two combined could work, there's that restaurant Henley way that sells snail porridge (yuk).

Jay xx

P2L Jul 20th 2007 8:46 am

Originally Posted by Steve and the Dragon (Post 5081441)
Hello to you,
Well we're not sure where just yet. We'd like to go to Christchurch (his home town) but it depends where the work is I guess. Anywhere would be great -though not down with the penguins!!
We are in a teeny tiny village outside Kettering (in the wop wops as the other half says). Blink and you miss it.
Yes, seems to me that a lot of people miss the ice cream and sausages - but hey you never know - maybe the two combined could work, there's that restaurant Henley way that sells snail porridge (yuk).

Jay xx

Ok put me out of my misery!! We lived in Broughton for a while & then in Stanwick for 4 years before coming here ;)

Steve and the Dragon Jul 20th 2007 9:37 am

WOW - we are in Islip!!! How bout that, it's such a small world. How do you get those smiley thingies???
Jay

happynz Jul 20th 2007 9:51 am

You don't like snail porridge? Hmmm...so maybe you won't attend the Wild Food Festival in Hokitika next March, eh? Sheep testicles, grubs, all kinds of stuff like that. I love it!

At any rate, New Zealand has wonderful ice cream.

Steve and the Dragon Jul 20th 2007 11:50 am

Hi happynz

O/H has eaten grubs, he reckons that they taste like peanut butter when cooked (not that I will ever find out).

Yep, I must agree on the ice-cream and I love Hokey Pokey, I've just found a similar one in the supermarket over here actually.

Jay x