Below Rock Bottom

Old Jan 14th 2010, 9:20 pm
TeamEmbo

TeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond repute
Default Below Rock Bottom

I always thought reaching "rock bottom" was the lowest point. Not so. I know this as I am currently sitting in the place that is below the rock. And its not pleasant.

Contradictory as it may sound, I love New Zealand although it has proved to be big money sucking leach. I scrimp, I juggle, I do all the cost-cutting things I can to try and make ends meet and I usually try and keep a fairly positive outlook, count my blessings, tell myself it can only get better and am grateful for what we do have. But today Positive has taken a well earned vacation and has left Reality and Hardship for me to babysit. They are both a real pain, hard work during the day, refuse to sleep at night and, as it turns out, they cry a lot. They play mean games and are generally not nice to be around.

Today Reality and Hardship decided we should play the money game. They won and as a result I'm over my overdraft limit and I've nothing to buy food with. The kids are on school holidays and I've no money for petrol to take them anywhere, no money to even get stuff for a basic picnic so's we could just walk or bike somewhere and the pantry is looking fairly bare. I wish Positive was here - she would say, well look on the bright side - at least you can give the shelves a good clean now they're empty, eh?

I've just come off the phone to the pension company. My last chance saloon. Apparently it's where Hardship hangs out a lot. They can send me a form so I can claim Hardship resides with me and possibly release some of my money - for a 55% penalty (not having 5 tax years clear of UK).

Not the best start to the new year. I thought after having a diabolical 2009 things could only get better. However, as I type I'm nursing Hope who is on her deathbed and I've had no word from Positive to say when she might be returning.
Old Jan 14th 2010, 9:24 pm
Forum Regular

strawbie is a glorious beacon of lightstrawbie is a glorious beacon of lightstrawbie is a glorious beacon of lightstrawbie is a glorious beacon of lightstrawbie is a glorious beacon of lightstrawbie is a glorious beacon of lightstrawbie is a glorious beacon of lightstrawbie is a glorious beacon of lightstrawbie is a glorious beacon of lightstrawbie is a glorious beacon of lightstrawbie is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Below Rock Bottom

Originally Posted by TeamEmbo
I always thought reaching "rock bottom" was the lowest point. Not so. I know this as I am currently sitting in the place that is below the rock. And its not pleasant.

Contradictory as it may sound, I love New Zealand although it has proved to be big money sucking leach. I scrimp, I juggle, I do all the cost-cutting things I can to try and make ends meet and I usually try and keep a fairly positive outlook, count my blessings, tell myself it can only get better and am grateful for what we do have. But today Positive has taken a well earned vacation and has left Reality and Hardship for me to babysit. They are both a real pain, hard work during the day, refuse to sleep at night and, as it turns out, they cry a lot. They play mean games and are generally not nice to be around.

Today Reality and Hardship decided we should play the money game. They won and as a result I'm over my overdraft limit and I've nothing to buy food with. The kids are on school holidays and I've no money for petrol to take them anywhere, no money to even get stuff for a basic picnic so's we could just walk or bike somewhere and the pantry is looking fairly bare. I wish Positive was here - she would say, well look on the bright side - at least you can give the shelves a good clean now they're empty, eh?

I've just come off the phone to the pension company. My last chance saloon. Apparently it's where Hardship hangs out a lot. They can send me a form so I can claim Hardship resides with me and possibly release some of my money - for a 55% penalty (not having 5 tax years clear of UK).

Not the best start to the new year. I thought after having a diabolical 2009 things could only get better. However, as I type I'm nursing Hope who is on her deathbed and I've had no word from Positive to say when she might be returning.
really sorry to hear you're having a tough time. Its not like you to sound so down, hope things pick up soon, thinking of you all.
Old Jan 14th 2010, 9:36 pm
MnB

MnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond repute

(((Big hugs))) so sorry you're going through this painful, horrible time.....wish we were in a position to pop around & offer some practical help until Positive returns.
I really hope she comes back soon and kicks Hardship & Reality into touch .... B x
Old Jan 14th 2010, 10:53 pm
NZ ways is best ways :0)

Wiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond repute

Great post! Shame about cruddy content tho PM'd ya.
Old Jan 14th 2010, 11:09 pm
BE Forum Addict

Jan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond repute

txted ya

neil
Old Jan 15th 2010, 1:29 am
TeamEmbo

TeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond repute

Thank you all very much for the kind words and PMs. Greatly appreciated.
Old Jan 15th 2010, 4:40 am
BE Forum Addict

Genesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond repute

Thank you all very much for the kind words and PMs. Greatly appreciated.

Dear TE, so sorry to hear of your problems. Having money issues are awful aye? When Hanover went tits up we well well in the brown stuff. I wish there was something I could do for you...is there??? You may have noticed I have been 'with issues' of late (of a different kind) so I have a little understanding of being low. I soooooooo hope there is a turn in your fortune very, very soon. Warm regards, Dom.
Old Jan 15th 2010, 5:02 am
BE Forum Addict

Justcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond repute

I hear ya loud and clear. A few months ago i was walking in your shoes.
The immediate future with xmas looming didnt look nice.
However after hope and positive walked out of your front door they came knocking at mine.
They worked very hard and have done a great job while they have been staying with us.
Bright future came to visit last week and now Hope and Positive are feeling a little left out
and i really think they are ready to go home.
We will really miss them but they tell me they cant stay as they have a more important
job to do elsewhere and bright future is here now to keep us company.
They will be leaving in the morning with a map and a packed lunch.
I hope they find their back to your place soon but as you know they only have little legs and they dont walk very fast.
Please let us know when they arrive as some of us worry about them and the people they work with.
Pip pip, chin up, stiff upper lip and all that, I only hope i could offer you more.
Old Jan 15th 2010, 7:03 am
BE Forum Addict

mickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond repute

Sorry to hear how you are feeling, if it's any consolation you are not alone.
We've been struggling along on one wage (OH's) since June & it has been very tough. OH is on 2 weeks holiday at the moment, but we can't afford to go anywhere & we find it so frustrating!!!
I've just managed to get a bit of seasonal work which will last until June, but if the elusive full time job for me doesn't turn up by then, we know the rest of the year will be as we are now The reality of it for us is if it doesn't improve in the next couple of years we will seriously be looking at going back to the UK, as we know we could both walk into jobs there.
Hope things improve for you soon
Old Jan 15th 2010, 7:41 am
BE Enthusiast

pricklykina has a reputation beyond reputepricklykina has a reputation beyond reputepricklykina has a reputation beyond reputepricklykina has a reputation beyond reputepricklykina has a reputation beyond reputepricklykina has a reputation beyond reputepricklykina has a reputation beyond reputepricklykina has a reputation beyond reputepricklykina has a reputation beyond reputepricklykina has a reputation beyond reputepricklykina has a reputation beyond repute

OMG...it's so hard when it gets like that, and it looks like there's no way up..especially when the bottom drops out of your bottom and you think...jeez how did it get worse.

But reach out...as you are doing. Don't be ashamed to let people know that things are hard cos people will help. Maybe not financially but with a hug, or taking the kids of your hands..or dinner.

So put it out there and know that you are not alone...you will not starve..and your kids will be OK.
Go to winz, go to the sallies...see a budget advisor and have faith..because you are ok, you will be ok and things will get better
Old Jan 15th 2010, 7:48 am
Account Closed

Stoof is an unknown quantity at this point

blimey... this thread should have come with a warning for overly hormonal, heavily pregnant Stoofs!

now i've managed to regain (a little) control, just wanted to say 'sorry you're having a cack time' - must be bad for one who is normally so positive to feel so low... really hope things improve for you soon! And as for the rest of you - what a lovely bunch... SNIFF....
Old Jan 15th 2010, 8:21 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond repute

I hope things pick up for you real soon TeamEmbo, it's very hard to be positive when you can't see a way forward or improvement on the horizon. Good luck with the pension and perhaps it would be worth your while having a chat with WINZ to make sure you're not missing something that you may be entitled to.

Have you anything you could sell on Trademe in the meantime to tide you over?
Old Jan 15th 2010, 10:52 am
Forum Regular

strawbie is a glorious beacon of lightstrawbie is a glorious beacon of lightstrawbie is a glorious beacon of lightstrawbie is a glorious beacon of lightstrawbie is a glorious beacon of lightstrawbie is a glorious beacon of lightstrawbie is a glorious beacon of lightstrawbie is a glorious beacon of lightstrawbie is a glorious beacon of lightstrawbie is a glorious beacon of lightstrawbie is a glorious beacon of light

Hi TE, hope you are feeling abit brighter today!!
Old Jan 15th 2010, 1:13 pm
BE Forum Addict

j19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond repute

Can't do anything to help you but am sending big ((hugs)) know wexactly where you are at the moment
Old Jan 15th 2010, 1:39 pm

pgtips has a reputation beyond reputepgtips has a reputation beyond reputepgtips has a reputation beyond reputepgtips has a reputation beyond reputepgtips has a reputation beyond reputepgtips has a reputation beyond reputepgtips has a reputation beyond reputepgtips has a reputation beyond reputepgtips has a reputation beyond reputepgtips has a reputation beyond reputepgtips has a reputation beyond repute

I tell you something you are a great writer !!! Can you boost your income in anyway ? Things are looking pretty harsh, but guess what you are going to get over this rough patch. God test us to different degrees but normally you will not be given more than you can handle. 55% penalty ? Be very careful before accepting these terms. Why not open a paypal account and offer to do peoples resumes or letters on line, because you definately have a gift for writing. people from all over the world can pay you over the net and you mail them the work. Just an idea !!

There is a saying " If life knocks you down, always try and land on your back, if you can look up, you can get up !!! "

Last edited by pgtips; Jan 15th 2010 at 1:53 pm.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.